Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 13673 times)

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
Suggestions
« on: April 27, 2009, 10:35:21 AM »

Figured now was as good a time as any, with BBT being fresh on everyone's mind.  I thought this might help the board and the returning riders to know what we can do to make BBT better.  So, post what ideas you have and we can see what can be accomplished to improve things.

I, for one, don't like all the other activity going on at the park.  Airplanes, baseball, picnics, etc.  I understand that next year is already booked at Lady Bird, I just hope in future years that the event moves farther south. 
On another note, I am of the opinion that we need to have more planned group rides led by some of the more familiar riders with the area.  We have a larger number of new folks, and I think it is neat to know that when they get there, they are not just sent out into the unknown areas.  There is lots of history and neat, off-the-beaten path spots that can only be seen if someone knows where to take you.

So, come on, let's get those ideas out there!
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 11:17:24 AM »

I thought the park was a very nice place.  For those of us camping, the restroom facilities were very nice, and the area we were able to camp in beside the RV's was beautiful. 

I would have enjoyed having the games this year.  Saturday is the best attendance day but for those who just come in for that one day, they probably would prefer to go ride then play games.

It seems that more could have gone on Saturday night...something to cause more interaction between the "areas".

All in all I really enjoyed it. I think you guys did a good job of setting this up.  I appreciate it.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 11:58:09 AM »

I thought the park was a very nice place.  For those of us camping, the restroom facilities were very nice, and the area we were able to camp in beside the RV's was beautiful. 

I would have enjoyed having the games this year.  Saturday is the best attendance day but for those who just come in for that one day, they probably would prefer to go ride then play games.

It seems that more could have gone on Saturday night...something to cause more interaction between the "areas".

All in all I really enjoyed it. I think you guys did a good job of setting this up.  I appreciate it.

I figured Gumbo would have fixed that!  :popcorn:

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 12:16:12 PM »

I have nothing to add, how could you possible improve perfection  :notworthy: :popcorn: :c :violin: :pot:
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 12:30:02 PM »

What's a campsite without camp fires!? Sorry I know I mentioned this Saturday night sitting around the tents  .... in the dark! But that's the only thing I missed and would otherwise want. I was surprised the sites were missing fire rings.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 12:32:12 PM »

What's a campsite without camp fires!? Sorry I know I mentioned this Saturday night sitting around the tents  .... in the dark! But that's the only thing I missed and would otherwise want. I was surprised the sites were missing fire rings.
I agree a camp fire is so nice to sit around...but can you imagine having one with the winds we were experiencing?  Plus where we were camping was not actually camping sites from what I understand.  The camp sites were up the hill..the park just extended a special favor to us as a group so we could all be closer together.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 12:36:16 PM »

I have nothing to add, how could you possible improve perfection  :notworthy: :popcorn: :c :violin: :pot:

Yes, you and Pete both made the BBT what it was with your presence.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

I have both of your shirts as well, so I guess you'll have to actually come out for a M&G if you ever want to see it. :t
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 12:52:20 PM by j1mmyj4m »
Chunk the llama.

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 12:55:55 PM »

Yes, you and Pete both made the BBT what it was with your presence.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

I have both of your shirts as well, so I guess you'll have to actually come out for a M&G if you ever want to see it. :t

I beleive my mailing address is on my check i sent, and the form i filled out.
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 01:09:05 PM »

I'm pulling rank and demand your attendance.
Chunk the llama.

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 01:31:30 PM »

Being this was my first...
I enjoyed the "Fun Run" Sat. afternoon...thru the county roads, across the cattle guards, running of the calves, getting lost (just me) etc.

The Bike show was cool.   O0    I enjoyed seeing everyones own ideas put into their machines. Games would be fun late Saturday evening (6ish)  :cool2: 
Then eat afterwards; everyone could maybe get a donation(s) from bike vendors or eateries for door prizes during/after the bike show presentation. 

I think a planned ride or two would also be nice.   :bikerider:

I just have to get there earlier for the overnighter to enjoy the jello creations.  :c

'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 02:10:03 PM »

I enjoyed the "Fun Run" Sat. afternoon...thru the county roads, across the cattle guards, running of the calves, getting lost (just me) etc.

The Bike show was cool.   O0    I enjoyed seeing everyones own ideas put into their machines. Games would be fun late Saturday evening (6ish)  :cool2: 
Then eat afterwards; everyone could maybe get a donation(s) from bike vendors or eateries for door prizes during/after the bike show presentation. 

I just have to get there earlier for the overnighter to enjoy the jello creations.  :c

WE USE TO HAVE LOTS OF DOOR PRIZES BUT THE VENDORS ARE NOT AS GENEROUS AS THEY USE TO BE.  I USE TO BE ABLE TO PERSUADE THEM INTO LOTS OF STUFF WHEN I SHOWED UP IN UNIFORM, LIKE I DID FOR LONE STAR 2007 AND BBT 5.  THEY SAID THEY TRUSTED THAT I WAS JUST NOT GETTING STUFF FOR MYSELF, I GUESS THEY RAN INTO A PROBLEM WITH TOO MANY REQUESTS, ETC.  A COUPLE OF HONDA SHOPS AROUND HERE SAID THEY HAVE WAY TOO MANY GROUPS NOW ASKING FOR DOOR PRIZES.  I AM WORKING ON HONDA SUZUKI NORTH IN FARMERS BRANCH, TX AND DFW HONDA IN GRAPEVINE, TX TO HOOK US UP WITH A GIFT CERTIFICATE FOR NEXT YEAR.  WE'LL SEE!

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
    • Hick Custom Machine Works
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 03:06:42 PM »

WE USE TO HAVE LOTS OF DOOR PRIZES BUT THE VENDORS ARE NOT AS GENEROUS AS THEY USE TO BE.  I USE TO BE ABLE TO PERSUADE THEM INTO LOTS OF STUFF WHEN I SHOWED UP IN UNIFORM, LIKE I DID FOR LONE STAR 2007 AND BBT 5.  THEY SAID THEY TRUSTED THAT I WAS JUST NOT GETTING STUFF FOR MYSELF, I GUESS THEY RAN INTO A PROBLEM WITH TOO MANY REQUESTS, ETC.  A COUPLE OF HONDA SHOPS AROUND HERE SAID THEY HAVE WAY TOO MANY GROUPS NOW ASKING FOR DOOR PRIZES.  I AM WORKING ON HONDA SUZUKI NORTH IN FARMERS BRANCH, TX AND DFW HONDA IN GRAPEVINE, TX TO HOOK US UP WITH A GIFT CERTIFICATE FOR NEXT YEAR.  WE'LL SEE!

JFWIW, I spoke with Hookem earlier, and he told me there was NO prize giveaway this year. I find it odd the NOBODY contacted me, Pepsx, Badx, RobT, Xcessories, etc, etc. All of us have been past contributors. Sounds to me like all the "organization" has caused y'all to drop the ball.

Edited by j1mmyj4m so we can read your comment without it being tied up in the quote.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 03:10:45 PM by j1mmyj4m »
Displaced Texan.

flamen

• Rider
  • VTX UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    • Tammys Corgis
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 03:10:38 PM »

This year being our first of hopefully many years to attend overall I had a blast. Bike games would be fun while we were just hanging aound the pavillion.

Under Construction:::H&K Sideburners, Progressive 812 flamed 11" shocks,
skull & flame Irate grill, flamed Kuryakyn floorboards, cobra fatty crashbars, Skull bone highway pegs, Skull bone mirrors

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 04:11:58 PM »

Had a really good time meeting others - great bunch.

Only thing I could add would be what Hookem says about rides being organized and lead by someone familiar to the area. I think we all had a good time, but it would also aid in breaking out of normal groups and mixing a bit.  ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Demon

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 04:50:54 PM »

i would like to have the next BBT in BIG BEND all in favor say "SI"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal