Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Home from BBT  (Read 5861 times)

big oz

• Old Timer
  • Alvarado, Texas
Re: Home from BBT
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 09:56:07 PM »

Hey to all, was nice to get to meet everyone. We got home at 6:30. My bike on a trailer, I rode Tammys home from Kemper....long way without a windshield...keep telling her shes one tuff biker chic...anyway...didn't hit much rain, had a blowout in Kemper. Had to wait 3 hours on a friend to come with truck and trailer to get my bike home. Guess I will be getting one of them Metzeler 880 tires in the 200/60/16 version. Again, thanks to all, we had a blast...How long till the next gathering? Oh yea, thanks for the cards Chad, it kept Tammy and Mikca entertained while we waited on the taxi....yall ride safe and keep the sunny side up.

2006 VTX 1800n, MS fats 21" solar shield, Leatherlyke Cross Country Bags, custom hitch, Darkside 205/60/16 Goodyear Eagle GT

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 06:30:47 AM »

beaux43 will have to say you have a beatiful looking bike!! REALLY NICE!!  :thumbup:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 06:37:51 AM »

Glad to read all had a great time.....................

Where are the pictures?????

and NO I am glad I didn't go so don't razz me about not being there and I wouldn't need to see pictures........... :bikerider:
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 06:40:32 AM »

Hey Oz, it was great meeting you and Flamin'.  It also worked out good for our kids, lol.
Sorry to hear about your blowout, would have helped if we were closer...glad you got home ok.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 10:35:06 AM »

Lets not get sappy; but Chad I liked yours as well.  :violin:
It is too cool to see how everyone has there own way of dressing their bike.  The lowering of yours with the racing stripe and the forwards, plus the chrome.  Of course you are not a match for the Chrome Wh@#$  :t  that I am. 
It was nice to meet you at BBT!   :bikerider:
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

flamen

• Rider
  • VTX UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    • Tammys Corgis
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 10:39:06 AM »

It was really nice meeting everyone. Had a really good time. Chad you came through for us with the cards. Gave us something to do while sitting waiting on that truck and trailer. Can't wait till the next get together.

Under Construction:::H&K Sideburners, Progressive 812 flamed 11" shocks,
skull & flame Irate grill, flamed Kuryakyn floorboards, cobra fatty crashbars, Skull bone highway pegs, Skull bone mirrors

big oz

• Old Timer
  • Alvarado, Texas
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 11:06:33 AM »

Have to agree with Chad, Beaux 43, thats a great looking bike. Thanks to you and Matap, I got alot of new ideas....lol...

2006 VTX 1800n, MS fats 21" solar shield, Leatherlyke Cross Country Bags, custom hitch, Darkside 205/60/16 Goodyear Eagle GT

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 12:24:27 PM »

Made it back home safely. Tired from the weekend, and even more tired from battling the winds! It was a great weekend and I enjoyed meeting everyone! I want to thank the "Motorhome Campers" for their hospitality Friday night. I enjoyed the conversation and the jello shooters and had a fun time visiting, while the tent campers were away getting batty!
Hookem, when I can get the crew from Houston to do a run up to Toledo Bend (?), I hope you and those who ride there can meet up. ( I can't remember all the routes you guys told me about ).

Chad, glad I finally got to see the Racin' X! I like what you've done to it since picking it up ... 2 hours after I last called the guy!  :banghead:   :thumbup:

Some great looking bikes at the bike show too! Only sorry I've been working to much to have gotten my X back on the road and up for the event. Came so very close, but little details still have to be finished.

So thanks everyone who worked so hard to put this event together!  :congrats:

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 12:36:59 PM »

Have to agree with Chad, Beaux 43, thats a great looking bike. Thanks to you and Matap, I got alot of new ideas....lol...

Did he have gas in it this time? All that chrome doesn't move it one inch down the road....  :stickpoke: :pot:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

JGomez55

• Old Timer
  • Lovin Life....!
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 01:02:10 PM »

Had a blast AGAIN....!!

The wind was a killer on the way back some light rain but nothing to bad.... Glad to do some more ridin with you guy's..., :bikerider:  let's do it again soon...

I would like to THANK all the "BOD members" who dedictaed their time and themselves to host the event... I know it took alot on your part as well as from some others.... just too many to mention...  :thumbup:

So Thanks to all.... It was definatly a good time, we enjoyed it very much and just wanted to state our appreciation for your efforts..... :t  :c

8)
Joe Cool...8)

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2009, 01:12:45 PM »

Yes, Jeff...I made sure this time.   :bikerider:
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2009, 01:34:01 PM »

I can speak for all of the BOD, and say thanks for everyone that participated. :c :c  Now I just wish I could get my family back home. We had some truck problems when we were trying to leave, and are still stuck here in Fredericksburg. :banghead: :cuss: :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :banghead: :banghead: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2009, 01:43:46 PM »

What the???

What's the problem?
Chunk the llama.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2009, 01:45:21 PM »

I can speak for all of the BOD, and say thanks for everyone that participated. :c :c  Now I just wish I could get my family back home. We had some truck problems when we were trying to leave, and are still stuck here in Fredericksburg. :banghead: :cuss: :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :banghead: :banghead: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Sheeeit! Just buy a new one!

:t
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2009, 01:54:28 PM »

The turbo blew up. Vanessa is still wanting to just buy a new truck, but I don't want to buy anything out there right now. I did however find out that there are great people still out there. David and Geri turned around and picked up Vanessa and the kids while I had everything towed in. Then they took us back to their house and loaned us their car so we could get back here to take care of the truck and trailer.  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Thanks go out to the Divitas
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal