Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Home from BBT  (Read 5860 times)

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
Home from BBT
« on: April 26, 2009, 11:26:45 AM »

Had a good time even though I was only there a day and a half. Good to meet some more new people. Hope everyone had fun.

I made it home Saturday morning just in time to work my show. Stopped and rented a hotel in Giddings Friday on the way home, shortly after the trooper pulled me over  :( (just a warning) but the lines in the road were starting to blurr from lack of sleep anyways.

Can't wait for next year.

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

Demon

Re: Home from BBT
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 11:38:26 AM »

so who did you ride biatch with!!!!

glad you were able to go and had fun!!!!

JustinVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 02:46:58 PM »

We made it home at 3:30, and never got rained on.  We saw the north Dallas Crew when we stopped for lunch in Hico, but no-one else.  Had a great time, can't wait til next year.

Jim & Janatha

Justin VTX

Tinman5507

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Elmo, Tx 06-18c
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 03:26:50 PM »

we made it back about 3

I'm good at pissing people off, just ask my wife, neighbors, or half the people on this forum.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 03:34:59 PM »

Back around 3:30 NO rain, but windy and as heck, really kool putting faces to handles  8)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 07:06:31 PM by Gumbo »
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 05:07:16 PM »

Put rain gear on before I left BBT. Didn't hit a drop of rain. The wind wore me out. Got home at 2:15 and took a nap. Was great putting faces with names and seeing some of the old timers again. 3 in a row for the X man.  :goldwing:
It's all just part of the adventure!

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 05:24:08 PM »

Wayne and I got back around 5:30 after dropping off stuff at other people's houses.  We had a great time even tho the weather did not totally cooperate with the event.  It was better to be at BBT with the sucky weather then to have not gone at all.  Will definitely watch for next year's dates.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 05:39:19 PM »

North Dallas crew arrived home around 3pm'ish.  Too tired to remember what time it was.  That is the most I have drank since college.  OUCH!  We hit a few small rain showers but didn't last long each time.  We all had a blast and the three sisters was definitely worth doing Saturday.

The two new BBT couples in our group really enjoyed the area, the Friday run we did to Bandera and especially the three sisters all day ride Saturday.  The three sisters Saturday was the longest my fiancee, Jennifer, had ever been on the bike.  She really enjoyed it.  We have video of the three sisters now and it turned out pretty good.

Hope everyone made it home safe,

-Iceman

BobB

• Old Timer
  • Cypress, TX
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 05:49:43 PM »

:cHome safe. The wind was a Buck Rogers. Had a. great time. Thanks to all the people who worked so hard.

RicksVTX

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 05:56:09 PM »

I had a blast as well even though i could only stay for Saturday.. Loved the company. had some great laughs and didn't get asked two many questions about the "extra" female voices heard on my cell while talking to the wife at the restaurant. LOL Got home safe and in plenty time to be out of the hill country before dark. Stinking Deer.. Thanks to all I met and hung with that day. I had a blast..  :)

Rick

Skydvr

• Tejano
  • Arlington, Texas
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 06:16:27 PM »

Deb and I got home around 1:00pm. Once again, we had a great time, it's always fun to see old friends and meet new ones.

Thanks to all for a great rally.

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 06:34:19 PM »

made it home!

riding the sisters was a blast!  15 bikes left saturday morning... only 2 did all 3 sisters!  :stickpoke:

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 07:17:45 PM »

Home and pooped at 5:30pm!! Hit rain for about 30 minutes or so! Cleaned the dirty bike up some and sat on the couch for a while for some shut eye. Thanks for a GREAT time and the $$ was really nice!!  ;D
Can't wait til next year!!  :thumbup:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 07:21:01 PM »

Not a bad miniature donkey imitation.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 07:46:11 PM »

Just wanted to let everyone know that I had a blast even if just for Saturday.  I went into Fred. and visited some friends until about 1 am and then decided to leave and ride to the house.  I ran thru a few small showers on 290 in Dripping Springs and then again in at the split of 290 & 71.
I only saw 6 deer and they were on 290 between Drip and Austin. 

I enjoyed the  :c:lunch:   It was great to make new friends!
I definitely must plan to stay overnight next year to enjoy more time with everyone (this is a super family to be a part of).  Thanks to all!   :bikerider:
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"
Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal