Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Furball from Hell...  (Read 644 times)

Pug

• Old Timer
Furball from Hell...
« on: November 23, 2009, 04:59:11 PM »

Shadow, my huntin' bud passed -- went to old lab heaven I am sure... And that Pug the kids got for me (yup, my name sake), well, I wudda shot him myself if he hadn't died from havin' too many wrinkles (looked like a 30 pund furry raisin when we buried him)...

So the wife adopts a shelter pet for me last Christmas. She figures an indoor dog, one that doesn't shed, one that doesn't kick up allergies. And along comes "Booker." For those of you who have met him on a sale or a trade, I am sorry. I really do apologize. He honestly came that way.

I sat down about 5:30 this evening to watch the early evening news. Computer on my lap, like most evenings, working on email and surfing Craigslist for another used motorcycle deal, and Texas Hunting Forum for my next Kimber purchase (go away Bull).

My b'loved drops Booker off from their afternoon walk--he's happy. Oldest son (soldier based at Ft. Hood--needing to get away) is on the road to Robert Lee, taking his sister her first deer hunt. I hope that ends well.

I'm thinking, "Ah, quiet house, news and a cup of coffee..."

My gal pecks me on the head, and then heads out to the grocery store, so it's me, the mutt, the tube and the web. He can't compete with the computer, so he wanders off in a pout--now it's just me in the den with my electronics. Thirty minutes or so passes...

Paying no attention to what's on the tube, I hear Booker starting a "Scooby Doo run" from the hallway, barking like a banshee as he comes. My first thought was he heard Elaine coming home... But as I look up, I see it on TV: a $&@# dog commercial, and here comes Cujo! Like a snowball from Hell, I see this little white blur fly by.

Yup, it's Booker on the way to kill the intruder.

Never before has he hit the TV like that.

It scared us both.

Big time...

I yelled at him, sounding something akin to a pubescent cheerleader at a pep rally (or Larry the Cable Guy after one can too many), and Book scampered off to his little kennel to sulk.

But as I look back up at the 55" Mitsubishi HDTV, all I see is the silhouette of the mutt missing out of the center of the screen. Yup, he jumped right through the "Mitsubishi Diamond Shield" that covers the projection screen.

After surfing the web and calling several dealers in Plano, I've located a new screen (next to Elliott's no less). And it's quite a deal--only $300 (plus tax).

Hey, it's just a thought...but,

How would one-a-you guys like a fine-looking, house-broken, AKC-registered mini-schnauzer?

I may know someone that has one to re-home!

Glad it's a short week...  :banghead:
2006 1800R Spec2 Lightly Farkled -- RIP: ST1300 ABS / BMW R1100RT / 2008 GL1800 / 2006 VTX 1300S / 1997 Aspencade 1500

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
Re: Furball from Hell...
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 05:05:28 PM »

Ouch....sorry to hear what happened pug. No more mini-schnauzers for me. I already have two.
2005 VTX 1300
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered
Kuryakyn Pro Series Hypercharger
K&N Air Filter
Xtreme Revolution Fairing
Cobra Sissy Bar
Lindby Custom Engine Gaurd
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs
I lost count of all of the chrome she has :-D

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 09:36:45 AM »

What?  Booker didn't knock his brains out? 
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 11:01:37 AM »

What?  Booker didn't knock his brains out? 

Before or after he hit the TV?  ???
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal