Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Alaska 2014!  (Read 2915 times)

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
Re: Alaska 2014!
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2014, 06:50:51 PM »

Wow, on an open forum. I am pretty sure that I told you the reason on the third phone call. Well since you had to take this here I will follow up with my side of the story and then I am not responding again, I have way too much to do. You can take it and twist it up anyway you like Bryce.

Yes it is about color but not for the reason you portray and I think I made that clear on the third phone call which was 8/3/14 and now will add the details for everyone. On last years trip on the way back from California, we stopped in Clayton, NM. The next morning when we were fueling up, I believe your glove hung up on the gas pump. You shot gas all over your bike and you started beating the gas pump as hard as you can with the pump handle. This was the last of multiple gas pump beatings and at that moment I said I was getting a different bike than you! When you are getting tired you completely lose it and have this rage about you. Everyone who was on the trip last year can verify this and it appears to get worse every year.

The route that was laid out this year is further than any that was done before. Yes I have a problem going into a different country where I could get mistaken as you and get blamed for whatever you tear up.

I tried to give you multiple hints, suggestions, even sent you pages and pages of bikes. You kept saying you had no other option but this one in Carthage or the one at Point Blank which both happened to be maroon 2007. I tried everything and even offered to take you anywhere, lend money, whatever you needed. But if I even hinted that you maybe not get the maroon 2007, you acted like you were offended. I picked out bikes for you and you said it had to be a second generation. I found one in Dallas that was blue and a second generation, so I sent you a link. You sent an email back saying they didn't have it anymore. Since I have teenagers I am used to following up on things, so I decided to call. Wow low and behold they have it, so I called you and asked you what they had said and you told me that they said they had sold it and just hadn't taken the ad off line. I said wow that is not what the guy told me. Then you really acted offended and said you just don't want me to get a bike like yours do you. No I really don't! And then the next day you went and bought the maroon 2007.

I was upset, so I told the guys that I would be going in a different direction maybe lay out a more relaxed ride into the Canadian Rockies. Then I had you call me and ask me if I had a problem, so I proceeded to tell you that yes I had a problem. Then you flew off the handle and said that you would not go. I said great, so I called the guys and told them I was back in which was 7/21/14. Then on 7/28/14 you decided to call me and tell me that you were going no matter what and that you were shipping your bike in a few days and brought up the didn't want for this to cost a friendship thing, which usually doesn't sit well with me. And about that friendship, is that the one where I set up your beach houses, bring your food so you can ride, work on your bikes for trips so that we won't have any problems, get down in a hot Cranberries parking lot and fix your bike in Austin because you were too lazy to do the maintenance at home while never asking you for a thing. When do you ever call to say what's up. Right!

Then I decided I was not changing my plans again! Sorry I have wasted enough time on a BS post that really shouldn't be put out here. Sorry Bryce, I give myself two weeks a year and I have to enjoy it. Please have a safe ride and as I said on the last phone call, you should really try to hook up with your folks since they are on a big ride at the same time. The ride that is layed out is not one you should do alone!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 06:54:45 PM by RedDragon »

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2014, 08:12:43 PM »

Ahh well, there we have it.

last years gas pump.
no, my glove didn't get hung up, the gas pump malfunctioned, and didnt turn off until i put it back in the pump cradle, seeing how I had gas everywhere, me, the bike, the ground, I used a little bit of force.  But hey, if that's your excuse, so be it.

the Dallas 2006 FJR you kept trying to push me to buy.  Or any of the other bikes....  But the dallas one, you do realized you have just accused me of lying to you, saying that i made it up when i told you, that i was told, that the bike was sold.   that you felt that you had to check up on me like one of your teenage kids.    Since I made those calls from the office, those calls are all recorded, would you like to hear them?   So, when I said I called the dealer that morning and spoke with a salesman, and that salesman told me the bike was sold, that is exactly what I was told.  And while i did thank you for your relentless pursuit to get any other bike but a red one,  I would have ended up spending $1100 more for a 2006, with more miles and less options.  But... it would not have been red!

When I first called you asking if you had a problem, because our last few conversations indicated to me that you seemed to be truly upset, and i cared enough about our friendship to call, i had no idea you had already sent an angry email to the other guys telling them you were not going, so i was hearing your true AppleSauce for the first time, not half veiled hints.  You accused me of "doing it to you again" and that you "can't get over it this time", Imagine my shock to find that someone who I considered a good friend revealed that he has carried this type of resentment over the past several years.   I would not actually say i "flew off the handle" since you did most of the talking while just listened in stunned silence.  My initial reaction was one of upset because i thought i truly had done something to upset a friend.  I did the only thing I could think of at the time, back out of the trip.   But once the shock wore off....  I realized that I was not the one who had done anything wrong, and I was not the one with problems.  Frankly i truly got Chicken Sandwich angry at you for your childish behavior.

Cost a friendship, your the one who stated he had a problem, not me.  I was the one who had his bike trashed, I was the one who had to scramble to find a solution to a problem we all jokingly talked about playing "What if" on the very day we shipped the bikes out. 

Then you try and tell me what bike i can or can not buy, and then you tell me where i can or can not go on a vacation, a vacation that we as a group had been planning for months.   That's when i asked you if you really want to burn a friendship over this, a color of a bike, and your reply... "i guess so"   

I already knew where I had been relegated to as "friendship status" before i even posted any of this, I have seen you do it before, and i am sure you will do it again.  So if your willing to burn a friendship over something petty like this, well here let me provide the gas.  Lay it all out on the table so that everyone can see it.

See you in Alaska!  and i sincerely hope you have a great trip.

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

RedDragon

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2014, 08:29:06 PM »

Ahh well, there we have it.

last years gas pump.
no, my glove didn't get hung up, the gas pump malfunctioned, and didnt turn off until i put it back in the pump cradle, seeing how I had gas everywhere, me, the bike, the ground, I used a little bit of force.  But hey, if that's your excuse, so be it.

the Dallas 2006 FJR you kept trying to push me to buy.  Or any of the other bikes....  But the dallas one, you do realized you have just accused me of lying to you, saying that i made it up when i told you, that i was told, that the bike was sold.   that you felt that you had to check up on me like one of your teenage kids.    Since I made those calls from the office, those calls are all recorded, would you like to hear them?   So, when I said I called the dealer that morning and spoke with a salesman, and that salesman told me the bike was sold, that is exactly what I was told.  And while i did thank you for your relentless pursuit to get any other bike but a red one,  I would have ended up spending $1100 more for a 2006, with more miles and less options.  But... it would not have been red!

When I first called you asking if you had a problem, because our last few conversations indicated to me that you seemed to be truly upset, and i cared enough about our friendship to call, i had no idea you had already sent an angry email to the other guys telling them you were not going, so i was hearing your true AppleSauce for the first time, not half veiled hints.  You accused me of "doing it to you again" and that you "can't get over it this time", Imagine my shock to find that someone who I considered a good friend revealed that he has carried this type of resentment over the past several years.   I would not actually say i "flew off the handle" since you did most of the talking while just listened in stunned silence.  My initial reaction was one of upset because i thought i truly had done something to upset a friend.  I did the only thing I could think of at the time, back out of the trip.   But once the shock wore off....  I realized that I was not the one who had done anything wrong, and I was not the one with problems.  Frankly i truly got Chicken Sandwich angry at you for your childish behavior.

Cost a friendship, your the one who stated he had a problem, not me.  I was the one who had his bike trashed, I was the one who had to scramble to find a solution to a problem we all jokingly talked about playing "What if" on the very day we shipped the bikes out. 

Then you try and tell me what bike i can or can not buy, and then you tell me where i can or can not go on a vacation, a vacation that we as a group had been planning for months.   That's when i asked you if you really want to burn a friendship over this, a color of a bike, and your reply... "i guess so"   

I already knew where I had been relegated to as "friendship status" before i even posted any of this, I have seen you do it before, and i am sure you will do it again.  So if your willing to burn a friendship over something petty like this, well here let me provide the gas.  Lay it all out on the table so that everyone can see it.

See you in Alaska!  and i sincerely hope you have a great trip.

You may want to calm down and not let this get to you so much.

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2014, 07:17:52 AM »

You may want to calm down and not let this get to you so much.
Actually there is one thing that has gotten to me.    It is the fact that I don't feel I have made it clear enough why I am going solo.  It's not because you don't want me to go on the same trip as you because the color of my bike.   No.

The reason I am going solo, is that you have put the other guys into a position that I feel is unfair to them.  You are demanding that they make a choice, you or me.  I would never make such a demand from my friends, so in respect for them, I will not demand that they make that decision.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 10:15:36 AM by Isorg »

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2014, 09:18:42 AM »

:popcorn: :c
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2014, 11:51:12 AM »

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.

:congrats:
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2014, 04:48:57 AM »

I only have two things to add:

• The color of the bike is black cherry, not "maroon", or "red". It was only used one year, and is the absolute best, and fastest color to slap on an FJR.
  • Enjoy your new wheels, Bryce; I know I love mine!

« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 04:57:52 AM by jmdaniel »
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2014, 06:26:57 AM »

I am getting home today, want me to set up a octagon ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2014, 07:09:41 AM »

I only have two things to add:

• The color of the bike is black cherry, not "maroon", or "red". It was only used one year, and is the absolute best, and fastest color to slap on an FJR.
  • Enjoy your new wheels, Bryce; I know I love mine!

That bike looks friggin awesome. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2014, 12:56:45 PM »

Thank you, sir.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

matap

• Board
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2014, 02:04:51 PM »

Thank you, sir.

But can you pop a wheelie with it though?!  8)
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2014, 02:32:11 PM »

But can you pop a wheelie with it though?!  8)

Huh?

-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2014, 08:49:42 PM »

Damn I need to get one now.

Maybe a Maroon One.  😜😜😜😜😜😜

Naw!! I think I will go Black or Blue. 😉
Or maybe an ST.  

No Man Crush Here. 😉
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

LEDS installed for $150.00 for members and $200.00 for non members. 14 pods, switch, fuse holder, 3amp fuse included for that price.
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z147/LEDTAZ/

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2014, 07:30:14 AM »

Damn I need to get one now.

Maybe a Maroon One.  😜😜😜😜😜😜

Naw!! I think I will go Black or Blue. 😉
Or maybe an ST.  

No Man Crush Here. 😉

thanks, i found that very....... informative.

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2014, 07:32:36 AM »

free wifi on the plane!!

Seattle Bound!