Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Mama's Fried Pie Run 2 (8-1-09)  (Read 24034 times)

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
Re: Mama's Fried Pie Run 2 (8-1-09)
« Reply #150 on: August 02, 2009, 05:58:42 PM »

Had a great time yaw and glad everyone made it home safe and dry from that end of the state! David, good job of thinking about this run awhile back and putting it on the board.

Free Samples inside?

Hey jim, wait for me!

Had a good time and we will do this again! :cool2: :cool2:

What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #151 on: August 02, 2009, 06:19:41 PM »

Glad everyone made it back safe and the Austin area could sure use some of the rain the Tyler area has been getting.I was all around that area and we took a ride to Lake Travis and man what a shock its low low and will take a long time to get it back to the level it was before.
Alvin,Texas

hooter

« Reply #152 on: August 02, 2009, 06:35:21 PM »

Right Hobo, you and Hooter HAD to wait out the storm in a bar. Your breaking my freakin' heart :c Just got home today. No rain, but took a bird strike to the head at 70mph! Glad I was wearing a helmet so I wasn't injured. Bet that bird won't do that again!

Don't feel too sorry for us, the place just happened to be right there when the bottom fell out. Convenient, huh? You'd almost think we'd planned it that way. ... :c :c :c :c :c

Well that was Hobo's side of the story and he may stick to it but I think he was auwful wet when we got to that watering hole for the bottom to have just dropped out and the bar be conveniently located there. I recall a few miles, he sez 5 or 6 but I think his speedo is wack-o!    I sweare it was futher than that, before we could duck into our first watering hole to check the freshness dates on several bottles of necture and hops. I'm happy to report neither he nor I and our 2 assistants found any Miller or Budwieser product failed the test, so feel free to sample these products with confidence knowing it's been checked by the best testers in the field!. I'm sorry to say though that we did find a bottle of Vodka and a bottle of Clamato juice and some Worcestershire that had not meet the standards of the code so we took them completely outa service for your safety!
 I would like to say now for the record that Mike, Lynn, and his mom were excellant hosts and we, (Susie and I) had a great time! I will caution anyone for future reference purposes, if you do swing by their place sometime, stay the night, whatever it is that gets you by there to be very careful! Below is a picture of some kinda unapproved liquid and packaging by the FDA that will make you wonder if you ever sobered up from the night before. He called it homeade Amaretto. It was good, yes good and don't get me wrong but 1 cup of coffee at 9 am and I was still concerned about riding home at noon! Use extreme caution when confronted by Hobo and this bottle!

hooter

« Reply #153 on: August 02, 2009, 06:57:02 PM »

Hmmmmm....in one of those pics it looks like Hooter taking a pic of Obama and Bieden....didn't know you liked them so much Hoot  :stickpoke:

Well it's not that I just don't like them I was just seeing what they would look like in the cross hairs of a scope.  :ohwow:

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #154 on: August 02, 2009, 07:42:39 PM »

The wife and i got hammered with the rain getting into canton, got caught with no where to hide from it, so we kept riding in it i swear we got hailed on but i don't know for sure it was raining so hard i couldnt see past my windshield. We did how ever get home with out any other problems.
Good to know that you all got home ok!! Just think of me and my little shorty windshield how I felt getting hammered!! I will agree it felt like hail!! Good to see you all again!!  :thumbup:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
« Reply #155 on: August 02, 2009, 08:52:55 PM »

Looks like I missed a Great day. :'(
So what was the final head count?
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

LEDS installed for $150.00 for members and $200.00 for non members. 14 pods, switch, fuse holder, 3amp fuse included for that price.
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z147/LEDTAZ/

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #156 on: August 02, 2009, 10:15:44 PM »

I think I heard the count was 17!!  :popcorn:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #157 on: August 02, 2009, 11:17:49 PM »

Well that was Hobo's side of the story and he may stick to it but I think he was auwful wet when we got to that watering hole for the bottom to have just dropped out and the bar be conveniently located there. I recall a few miles, he sez 5 or 6 but I think his speedo is wack-o!    I sweare it was futher than that, before we could duck into our first watering hole to check the freshness dates on several bottles of necture and hops. I'm happy to report neither he nor I and our 2 assistants found any Miller or Budwieser product failed the test, so feel free to sample these products with confidence knowing it's been checked by the best testers in the field!. I'm sorry to say though that we did find a bottle of Vodka and a bottle of Clamato juice and some Worcestershire that had not meet the standards of the code so we took them completely outa service for your safety!
 I would like to say now for the record that Mike, Lynn, and his mom were excellant hosts and we, (Susie and I) had a great time! I will caution anyone for future reference purposes, if you do swing by their place sometime, stay the night, whatever it is that gets you by there to be very careful! Below is a picture of some kinda unapproved liquid and packaging by the FDA that will make you wonder if you ever sobered up from the night before. He called it homeade Amaretto. It was good, yes good and don't get me wrong but 1 cup of coffee at 9 am and I was still concerned about riding home at noon! Use extreme caution when confronted by Hobo and this bottle!

Hey! you found my medicine! It's certainly good for what ails 'ya. I did have to come up with some creative labeling, Wouldn't want mom thinking she's having Arizona Green Tea. Specially after that home made wine incident... :thatwasclose:

You're right, it's not FDA approved. Or CIA approved either, but I think the FBI wants to speak to me. They said something about being SOL, ASAP. ... :what:

I'm so excited... :couch:

I counted 16 bikes in attendance for the fried pie run. It was great.
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

Wahoo

• Old Timer
« Reply #158 on: August 03, 2009, 11:29:31 AM »

The wife and i got hammered with the rain getting into canton, got caught with no where to hide from it, so we kept riding in it i swear we got hailed on but i don't know for sure it was raining so hard i couldnt see past my windshield. We did how ever get home with out any other problems.
Good to know that you all got home ok!! Just think of me and my little shorty windshield how I felt getting hammered!! I will agree it felt like hail!! Good to see you all again!!  :thumbup:

For a bit, I thought Chad was pretending he was on a sport bike -- all hunched over trying to see thru the rain!  :bikerider:  Thanks for letting us follow you Chad -- sure is much prettier on that side of the state.   I'm ready to go again  :lunch:
Secret to a Happy Marriage -- an '02 1800C for him and an '03 1800C for ME!!!

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #159 on: August 03, 2009, 01:04:04 PM »

Just made it home, dry all the way!  :bikerider: Oh and found my new favorite dirt road!  :ohwow:

ADVENTURE!!!!

Yeah, 8 miles of dirt! 

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #160 on: August 03, 2009, 01:05:31 PM »

Just made it home, dry all the way!  :bikerider: Oh and found my new favorite dirt road!  :ohwow:

ADVENTURE!!!!

Yeah, 8 miles of dirt! 
Which road was this so those of us who traverse that way in the future will know to avoid it?
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #161 on: August 03, 2009, 02:15:21 PM »

ADVENTURE!!!!

Yeah, 8 miles of dirt! 
Which road was this so those of us who traverse that way in the future will know to avoid it?

Just don't follow David and his GPS and you'll be just fine.

:stickpoke:

If ya ain't off-roadin', ya ain't havin' fun!!

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
« Reply #162 on: August 03, 2009, 02:25:44 PM »

David puts us on dirt roads a lot. :ohwow:  I think he needs to get a dirt bike so he can get it out of his system. :thumbup: :stickpoke:
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

LEDS installed for $150.00 for members and $200.00 for non members. 14 pods, switch, fuse holder, 3amp fuse included for that price.
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z147/LEDTAZ/

MsVTX1300

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, TX
« Reply #163 on: August 03, 2009, 02:47:12 PM »

Just made it home, dry all the way!  :bikerider: Oh and found my new favorite dirt road!  :ohwow:

ADVENTURE!!!!

Yeah, 8 miles of dirt!  

I think a few of those miles were gravel if my memory serves me correct!!  Dirt, gravel, red dirt!!   :ohwow:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 03:00:50 PM by MsVTX1300 »
[IMG]

Carol
2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
2006 VTX 1300 (The Lady)

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #164 on: August 03, 2009, 07:28:15 PM »

Just made it home, dry all the way!  :bikerider: Oh and found my new favorite dirt road!  :ohwow:

ADVENTURE!!!!

Yeah, 8 miles of dirt!  

I think a few of those miles were gravel if my memory serves me correct!!  Dirt, gravel, red dirt!!   :ohwow:

I think we're referring to the "real" dirt road we found on the way back!  :ohwow:  But I forgot about the National Forest park road that was missing some pavement!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal