Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sunday, Jan 17. How about a ride?  (Read 1780 times)

nomercyambulance

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Sunday, Jan 17. How about a ride?
« on: January 16, 2010, 02:09:08 PM »

I know it's a little late notice but just thought I would invite everyone.

The ride will start at Highway 6 and I-10. Meeting at Waffle House. KSU at 9:15.
We will be "Riding the 3090 Twisties".

Here is some more information as copied from the site..........

THIS IS A VERY POPULAR RIDE, SO IF YOU MISS THIS ONE THERE WLL BE ANOTHER NEXT MONTH

KSU 9:15AM - Waffle House

From the Waffle House @ Hwy 6N / I-10 we will take I-10 West to Hwy 362. Take 362 to Waller and make a stop at the County Line Shell Station at Hwy 290 and 362 to pick up anyone else from other areas wanting to go.. Some may decided to come 2920 and pickup others along the way to meet us at Hwy 290 and 362.. You can join up anywhere along the way.

KSU 10:00AM - Waller Shell Station

From there we will run the mild twisties on 362 all the way to Hwy 105 and head west to Navasota and fuel up at Hwy 6 and Hwy 90.. From this stop those who do not wish to make the Hwy 3090 twisties can head north on Hwy 90 to Anderson. Just pass Anderson turn left on Hwy 244 which will take you to Carlos and Yankees Tavern or wait for us at 3090 and 244.

The rest of us head north on Hwy 6 to Hwy 3090 and run the twisties until we come to Hwy 244. Turn left and head to Carlos and stop at Yankees @ Hwy 30.

After Yankees we'll double back on 3090, catch the 105 to the 1155 and head on down the Chappel Hill Chill for lunch and a free shirt drawing

After the Chill we'll head out on the 1155 to the 290 and head on home.

Proud to be an American.
If you are not, LEAVE!!

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
Re: Sunday, Jan 17. How about a ride?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 04:46:50 PM »

Me and some friends are planning on riding out to Yankees tomorrow, maybe I'll see you there!
It's all just part of the adventure!

nomercyambulance

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 05:11:16 PM »

Sounds good to me.
Proud to be an American.
If you are not, LEAVE!!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 06:53:23 PM »

Hmmmm  got to bring the kid back to Collage Station, but sure sounds good  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

TheWatcher

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 07:59:42 PM »

Wow, how bizarre several PGR friends of mine and myself will be going for a ride in the morning starting from La Madeline's on the Grand Parkway and I-10.

KSU at 9:30 and guess where we plan to end up at....yep you guessed it....that little old town of Carlos and Yankees Tavern.

Not sure of the route just yet...its usually decided at the meeting place, but we might just see you there up there.

Small World isn't it.

:couch:
AKA: Vteeman on the VTXOA Site (Seldom seen there anymore)
2002 VTX 1800 C (Gone but not forgotten)
2012 Gold Wing Nav/XM

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 08:05:37 PM »

I think everyone,s got cabin fever!

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 08:39:54 PM »

It is a nice ride up that way and should be out myself  and a  couple of friends but have no plans to stop at Yankees ......have no clue in what people see in that place myself but to each his own.It sucks big time
Alvin,Texas

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 08:54:07 PM »

just someplace to go, and the burger is pretty good. Not a hugh fan myself but haven't been in a long time. Just gotta get out.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 09:14:27 PM »

Agrees with the getting out and might make mine an over nighter in Austin lol.Actually the two times we were there found the people very unfriendly the service was not all that good but the beer when we got it was pretty cold.It might have just been a couple of off days who knows at that time think I heard the owner was trying to sell so maybe under new ownership now.I think what may have gotten to some of the people was in when we parked to close to the HD only parking area what a laugher and was with a couple of HD riders and it pissed them off as well.
Alvin,Texas

nomercyambulance

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 07:18:50 AM »

Neve had a problem with the parking. I have see Cushmans to GSX-r parked
in the "Harley Only" spots and never heard a peep from anyone. Maybe the
sign should say "Non Brand Specific Two (or Three) Wheeled Conveyance
Shall Park Here".
Proud to be an American.
If you are not, LEAVE!!

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 07:33:23 AM »

I've never had a problem there, sems all the rides use to end there and I got bored with it. but haven't been in a while so it's good. Haven't been on the scoot since New Years. Gotta break out :bikerider:

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal