Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Golden Triangle M&G - 12 April  (Read 2803 times)

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
Golden Triangle M&G - 12 April
« on: April 05, 2007, 08:37:39 PM »

OK, guys.  Let's try this again!  On Thursday, (April 12) make plans to be at Al-T's in Winnie!  Meet there at 7.  Hopefully, the weather will be better than last week.  All of you from the Houston area, of course, are welcome to make it!  Al=T's is located just between IH-10 and Hwy.73.  The address and link is below:

http://al-ts.com
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

Dusty

Re: Golden Triangle M&G - 12 April
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 04:37:50 AM »

OK, guys.  Let's try this again!  On Thursday, (April 12) make plans to be at Al-T's in Winnie!  Meet there at 7.  Hopefully, the weather will be better than last week.  All of you from the Houston area, of course, are welcome to make it!  Al=T's is located just between IH-10 and Hwy.73.  The address and link is below:

http://al-ts.com

I think that's my cats birthday, but I'll try to make it anyway.  ;D 

Weather permiting I'll ride to work and take I-10 to Mr. T's. I'll even have time to ride around for a couple of hours before it's bean time.

Tinman

• Old Timer
  • Bridge City
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 09:17:43 PM »

No can do. I work at Methodist in San Jac on Thu, Fri and Sat nights. I also work at Renaissance on Mon. nights.
 Tues, Wed, or Sun are my off days unless I pick up extra shifts (which I did for next week) so maybe someday us poor folks will be able to break away. Guess I will have to schedule myself and see who can show up.
Look forward to seeing everyone again when I get a spare minute or two.
I am off this weekend and look what happens (just my luck).

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 04:51:42 AM »

Hey James, I realize that a "perfect" night to do this just does not exist.  Last week, we did Weds., so I thought we'd just try different nights to gauge turnout.  I have no objections to moving it around.  Not in control of anything (least of all myself ;D ), just trying to get us locals together more often.
Ronald Reagan

KatDaddy-X

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 02:35:18 PM »

The wife and I might be able to make it.  I am off thursday and maybe she can get off a little early. 

OnedoubleL

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 04:35:52 PM »

Dang, I would like to go but I am working eves this week. Just my luck!!

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 09:08:40 PM »

For those coming from the Beaumont area, or those who just want to ride down as a group, we will meet at the Petro Truck Stop on I-10 and Walden Rd. at 6:15, KSU @ 6:30.  We will take Hwy 124 down to Winnie and leave I-10 for the cages!
Ronald Reagan

Dusty

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 09:18:04 PM »

Looks like I'm not gonna get to go after all. I have a job going at a bank in Orange that we are working nights on. The guy that is suppose to be baby sitting it informed me today that his wife is having surgery Thursday and well, yours truly gets to go be bored.  :(

KatDaddy-X

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 09:03:22 PM »

Food was great! Sure was lonely though.  :-\ Guess we'll try again another night.   Maybe something closer to home.  put the emphasis on the meet and greet and not so much on the ride.

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 10:23:54 PM »

Well, I agree.  It was a bit lonely.  Saw no one there - again!  As far as the emphasis goes, it is on the whole picture.  There is nowhere that is "ideal".  The area seems to think that a 30 minute ride is too much.  I guess I'll have to go back to making the Houston M&G's if we can't do better.  I will wait to see if anyone else posts an idea for next week.  Day, time, location, etc.
Ronald Reagan

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 12:41:33 AM »

Living in Mauriceville, everywhere is a 30 minute ride  :o :P :) We spent the afternoon at our home away from home, the NICU. I've really been wanting to ride though. Saturday night after a few cold ones I decided to unwrap my quiet baffles. I thought they were burnt out, but I was mistaken. Now they sound pretty damn good. Especially since I can't stand my shift working neighbor that tries to sleep during the daytime.  ;D ;D ;D O0
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"

Maw Maw

• Old Timer
  • Liberty Hill, TX
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 07:15:16 AM »

Right now is a very busy time for me.  We are working really hard on the Ride For Kids event to be held on the 29th.  After that, things should slow down for me.
Pat
2004 VTX 1300

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 04:47:28 PM »

Just want a few opinions as to when/where.  Want to keep this going, perhaps every or every other week.  Opinions?
Ronald Reagan

Dusty

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007, 10:52:48 PM »

Hookem,

No offense intended, but there are roughly seven people in this area that post on this board. Most of us have friends and other interest outside of this board and the bike. I'm an unsocialable S.O.B. to begin with and I generally eat out at least two meals a day as it is. By the time I fight the traffic to get home, nowhere feels like a real good place to be. If I do ride, I generally head to back roads North of here. But, I havn't ridden in two weeks because I have been working day and night. I don't participate on this board for the meet n greets. I wanted to make Al-T's because I heard the bacon wrapped oysters were really good.
If you are looking for a structured / madatory meeting type thing I would suggest finding another rideing group. In my opinion the VTX is about all the seven of us have in common. Basically, I'm not going to be made to feel obligated to attend anything, including wedding and funerals. I'm a GDI loaner, and will probably always be one.
Now with all that said after working 16 hours today and roughly 80 hours since last Friday at noon, I will be riding Sunday. Probably will swing by Pine Tree for lunch and then hit a bar on Gulfway Dr. that's going to have a band and crawfish starting at three. I may even swing by one of the 1% bars on my way home just to have some dirty looks thrown my way so I can feel the love.
Also, incase you haven't noticed, Houston meet and greets haven't been going so well lately either.

Why don't we try Jakes Hotrod Pizza in Nederland next week. Be aware, they don't serve beer but you can bring your own in a cooler. The pizza is great and I don't like pizza.

Tinman....What day can you make it if you wanted? Anyone else have a preference for a day? The weather looks good all week.

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007, 11:27:22 PM »

Dusty,
No offense taken, and none was intended.  I am simply trying to get the group locally together once in a while.  Not mandatory, expected, etc.  I agree that this group is about a shared interest, and that is exactly what I had hoped we could accomplish.  Like I said originally, just trying to figure out and get input on when we could get a group of us together locally.  The M&G's are not what I see as the function of the board.  For me, the tech knowledge and camraderie is what I gain.  Once again, no offense, Bill.  I know that we all have other lives and other interests.  As for the turnout with the Houston group, I honestly do not see that it holds any impact on any other groups.  If we can not get a good day for us, then we just can't get a good day.  Life goes on.  It is merely an attempt for the few of us locally to swap stories and advice on our X's. 
Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal