Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dyno Tuners  (Read 2234 times)

TorqueMonstr

Dyno Tuners
« on: February 05, 2007, 06:56:19 AM »

Having just bought an 02' VTX 1800, with Vance & Hines Big Shots, a Power Commander III, & a K&N air filter, I'm looking for a local dealer/tuner in the Houston area to reset all the parameters of the Power Commander. I understand that some area tuners are much better than others, & for the $$$ spent, I want to get it done right. Can anyone give me any additional ideas as to how to improve power/driveability.  As well, I'm looking for a local VTX group to ride with preferably in the Spring/Conroe area.

Maw Maw

• Old Timer
  • Liberty Hill, TX
Re: Dyno Tuners
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 07:20:49 AM »

You might want to post this in the "garage area" for the help you need.  I know one of the guys will jump in to help if they can.
Pat
2004 VTX 1300

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 07:43:54 AM »

As Pat said, this post might receive a better response from the Garage section. The two best reputations go to Jim Sabin in Dallas and Johnnycheese. Johnnycheese had a shop just this side of Austin; due to matrimonial reorganization he is currently attempting to reestablish his business. As far as I am aware he has not opened the doors yet. I've not dealt with Mr. Sabin, but I can assure you that Johnnycheese is a master at tweaking the Power Commander.
02 1800C

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 07:36:39 PM »

Not sure what kind of intake you have, but www.bareasschoppers.com has PC III maps posted that would probably help you out.

David

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

xriderintx

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 06:15:41 PM »

you can find a whole mess of maps at www.powercommander.com..thats where I got mine and man does my X run a whole lot better..the maps are tailored to your particular setup..just keep in mind where the map originated and if the altitude/air conditions are the same as yours..Something I learned the hard way :o..its easy ..just plug it in and hit send..but if you want a custom map  theres a list of shops that can do that for you too..hope this helps.
03 1800c.. 6degree trees,cp punisher bars,corbin gunslinger,v&h bigshots,xchop

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal