Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: SOMETHING I WANT TO SAY  (Read 4190 times)

pacrat

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress,Texas
Re: SOMETHING I WANT TO SAY
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 08:13:02 PM »

SGTSTEVER-
first, yes I know the caps were on.  next, even though I do not know you, thank you.  Yes, I too remember what BobB described and felt about being a Nam era vet- Navy- submarine duty-never made it in country.  I also was raised during an era in Texas that Sir and Mam were expected and at the same time earned.  SIR, you have earned it, are earning it every day that you suit up.  Hopefully, some day we can meet and it will be an HONOR TO SHAKE YOUR HAND, WELL DONE SIR!
Louis

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006, 08:23:47 PM »

lets please let this thread go away now.

Why? With all due respect, Jeremy, I'm not sure why it would bother ya. And if so, just don't read it. It appears to me to be a bunch of brothers telling stories, tipping their hats, and trading slaps on the back. Nothing wrong with that, in my book...  O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

hillcountryrider

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2006, 08:31:58 PM »

So if it is bothering you stop opening it up ... with all due respect :) :)

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 10:53:36 PM »

:o :o :o Wow, all this from a flippant response "don't call me sir, I work for a living."
I understand it all, and all is accepted. I do apologize for any troubles/anxieties involved. I could go on but, won't. I have more troubles than this is worth.

Hope to see you down the road, ride safe.
Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 10:32:20 AM »

OK, let me try to explain myself in what I posted earlier.

First, I want to apologize to all those I have offended, that was not my intention.

Second, when I said what I said about people coming in for college money and because of 9/11 this is why I said it.  Not all people that come in the Army for college money are bad, but most are.  Here's why:  they come into the Army to skate through 3 years, they dont care about their job, their training, the Soldier working next to them...nothing.  All they want to do is the leaset possible for 3 years so they can get the money and go back to school.  Thats what burns my Cranberries, they just dont care, and if you have ever tried to work with someone who doesn't care, or tried to lead someone who doesnt care, it ain't exactly the easiest thing to do.  As far as the 9/11 comment, here's what I meant by that.  When I was in Iraq, we had quite a few men who joined right after 9/11, and all they wanted was revenge.  Here's where this becomes a problem, when you got someone who is trigger happy and wants to shoot/kill everything in sight, that beccomes a problem....and thats what get's your fellow Soldiers killed.  No, not all people who joined because of 9/11 are bad, there is just some bad apples out there who ruin it for the others.

Once again, I apologize to all I have offended/pissed off.  If you would like to get into it further, PM me, we'll set a date, go drink a beer and disccuss things.

Oh and back to the original topic...I just feel uncomfortable being called "Sir", maybe it's the NCO in me, but it just makes me uncomfortable.

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

xfrog

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2006, 11:16:48 AM »

Wow, you can get college money for being in the Army, Air Force and Navy?  They forgot to tell me that when I was in the Marines... :)

You members of the "other" service branches are amusing.  The one thing I learned in the Marines is that no matter what your rank or whatever someone chooses to call you, be it "sir," "Marine," "Jarhead," or "Fuckhead," we were all Marines first and foremest ~ the title that we valued the most.  I guess that's why they say that there are no ex-Marines, only former Marines. 

Sgtstever ~ keep standing on that wall.  We appreciate it.

Semper Fi,
xfrog 

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2006, 11:36:58 AM »

Why? With all due respect, Jeremy, I'm not sure why it would bother ya. And if so, just don't read it. It appears to me to be a bunch of brothers telling stories, tipping their hats, and trading slaps on the back. Nothing wrong with that, in my book...  O0
the stories, tipping of hats, and slaps on the backs aren't what bother me, it's the fact that it seems this has got way out of hand. now we've got people pissed off at others and others trying to justify comments and still others apologizing for their opinions. i'm all for discussion on any topic, just hate to see it wind up like this.
BTW, maybe i want to read it. can't i guy read something and then complain about it. so there Jim, oops i mean Jeff. :)
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2006, 12:25:27 PM »

Wow, you can get college money for being in the Army, Air Force and Navy?  They forgot to tell me that when I was in the Marines... :) xfrog 

They had it for the Marines as well, they just called it the "Kollij Fundd"....  :P ;D
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

xfrog

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2006, 01:49:50 PM »

Wow, you can get college money for being in the Army, Air Force and Navy?  They forgot to tell me that when I was in the Marines... :) xfrog 

They had it for the Marines as well, they just called it the "Kollij Fundd"....  :P ;D

That's "Kollij Fundd," SIR to you, buddy!!! ::)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2006, 02:15:30 PM »

More cowbell, baybee!!  ;D
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2006, 10:58:18 PM »

This is all; Pack salt.

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2006, 11:04:10 PM »

or saltpeter, to keep you from getting any crazy thoughts...  :P

Go to bed, Wayne...  ;D
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2006, 11:12:28 PM »

pack salt is another old saying, ole well, you might be right......history is good, I wish I can remember it....Otherwise we will be buying a goldwing nextyear...which is probably where we need to be.......thin skins are seasoned...

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2006, 11:18:03 PM »

pack salt is another old saying, ole well, you might be right......history is good, I wish I can remember it....Otherwise we will be buying a goldwing nextyear...which is probably where we need to be.......thin skins are seasoned...

did ol' Swampy steal your login?  :o ;D
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2006, 11:29:53 PM »

;DDon't know what you are referring too, but we will be buying a wing, next year, hopefully, we can modify it, so our 14 year old can travel with us, he is a crebral pulsey,  14 year old, that we have had custody of the
last 7 years. Riding is all what we love....

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal