Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: What are some of your favorite RV camp grounds?  (Read 4258 times)

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Re: What are some of your favorite RV camp grounds?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 06:04:31 PM »

Got a 28 foot tongue pull I'd like to get rid of. Has all the bells and whistles including oversize tanks, Queen bed and bunks, music system and cable hook ups plus more. Anyone interested pm me. Enjoyed all the rv'ing I can stand. The wife prefers hotels and the kids are happy in a tent. lol

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 07:23:33 PM »

Maybe not the best, but one my favorites is:

Pioneer RV Resort
1202 Maple Street, Bandera TX 78003

Nothing special really. Clean with plenty of trees. On the Medina river. But one block away is downtown Bandera, the OST, the Eleventh Street Pub and Arkey Blue's Silver Dollar Saloon. I love to park the bike when the sun goes down and hit the town.  :thumbup:
one of my favorites as well have stayed there in RV and have tent camped there as well. Ride in the day , walk to the honky tonks at night just roll down hill to the campsite no DUI
It's all just part of the adventure!

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 10:45:13 AM »

Maybe not the best, but one my favorites is:

Pioneer RV Resort
1202 Maple Street, Bandera TX 78003

Nothing special really. Clean with plenty of trees. On the Medina river. But one block away is downtown Bandera, the OST, the Eleventh Street Pub and Arkey Blue's Silver Dollar Saloon. I love to park the bike when the sun goes down and hit the town.  :thumbup:
one of my favorites as well have stayed there in RV and have tent camped there as well. Ride in the day , walk to the honky tonks at night just roll down hill to the campsite no DUI

Nice, will def have to check this place out.  won't have to worry about a DUI, but maybe a PI  ;D .  Well I just put down my deposit for the Toy Hauler and it should be ready between 3-5 months.  Said they haven't had any trailers of these kind on there lots for months.  THey just take the order, get it built and the buyer is there to pick up and take home.  They must obviously be doing something right.  Very nice people and the reviews couldn't be more accurate.  All that's left now is to actually see and tour the unit when it's ready.  I'll be driving out there to go pick it up.  It's about 1100 mile trip one way.  SHould be there in about 1 1/2 days.  Depending on extra funds I may or may not have, I might just continue right into Cali and visit some family and some not so familiar places and take the higher route back thru Vegas, Flagstaff, and Amarillo to go to The Big Texan Steakhouse.  Maybe, big maybe. depends on when it's ready.  Hope all goes well once the final financing goes thru.  Did the pre-approval and that was a breeze, just got to wait now.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

eoemt17

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 12:53:08 PM »

I'm wanting a 5th wheel and can't decide if I want a toy hauler or just make a rack for the X on the back of the trailer.  Which one did you end up ordering from Dune Sport and how much are they charging if you don't mind me asking?

matap

• Board
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 01:19:22 PM »

I think you will probably be more happy with a Toy hauler instead of making some rack for a fifth wheel.  Would have to be one hell of a heavy duty rack and that alone would add some weight to it.    I ended up getting the 16' Firestorm, b/c that's the biggest toy hauler my Tacoma will pull and that's taking into consideration fully loaded with tanks full of water, bike, and gear, + people.  And seems like a decent size.  It can sleep 4 adults comfortably, not that I'll be doing that very often.  Walk out price is $16,200.00 and includes a 5 year warranty and free distribution hitch for using their finance people.  All in all, I think it's a good deal.  They do deliver, but for the price there freight guys charge, it's just cheaper for me to go get it and enjoy the scenary on the way there.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 06:55:28 PM »

I thought you were going to build it?
It's all just part of the adventure!

matap

• Board
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 07:05:53 PM »

yeah, I was, but then came across this and this seems so much better.  After thinking about all the projects I have and want to do, converting that cargo trailer was the last on the list and just getting it completly done is a much better option for me and I get to use right away.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2011, 08:04:51 PM »

Found this for ya Matap!!  ;D Just need to set a ramp up in the back for the bike!!  :thumbup:

Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

matap

• Board
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2011, 09:37:30 PM »

I tell you what, if looked like that on the outside, but all decked out in the inside..........I bet noone would even bother trying to get in it.

larryw

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2011, 08:57:45 AM »

Don't travel with your tanks full, lessen your weight. You'll have water at any RV park, and most campgrounds. You'll only need water when you are dry camping.
2004 VTX 1800N

matap

• Board
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 09:05:59 AM »

Yep, I don't really plan on doing any dry camping that often, but if I do it only has a 50 gallon tank so if my math is right that's about an additional 416.5 lbs.  Still weight I don't need to carry when hauling all the other stuff.  I think the little dry camping that I would do will probably be close to home or at least near an rv park and dump station, so I wouldn't need to be hauling long distances with the tank full.  I may however carry some water for when you know who calls.......... :pot:

larryw

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 09:54:07 AM »

I only keep a few gallons in my tank for when he calls. :agree:
2004 VTX 1800N

littlefireman

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2011, 01:57:49 AM »

For the fifth wheel models we went with a Forest River (Work & Play) traveled to Laffayatte, La. to buy and saved 10K compared to Houston. Toy hauler, but more of a hurricane house (for those on the gulf coast) 26 gal. fuel tank & 5k generator.

matap

• Board
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2011, 06:48:21 AM »

If what I put my money down for doesn't work, this is my next option

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2011, 03:59:17 PM »

If what I put my money down for doesn't work, this is my next option

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I see you driving something like that!!  ::) ;D
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal