Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: What are some of your favorite RV camp grounds?  (Read 4259 times)

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
What are some of your favorite RV camp grounds?
« on: January 26, 2011, 02:33:15 PM »

I'm planning on getting into RV'ing and wanted to know of some of the places you guys like to go for those that do RV, or camp, or whatever you want to call it.  any website links would be great.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

larryw

• Old Timer
Re: What are some of your favorite RV camp grounds?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 04:05:59 PM »

What kind of RV are you getting?
Coushatte RV ranch in Bellville is pretty nice. Nothing out there, but you're away from everyone. If you're in San Antonio, Fiesta RV park is prety nice. If you ever get to Ruidoso, NM, I would suggest staying in Alamogordo and driving up, unless you're a daring type person. The RV park is on a mountain, and each site overhangs the mountain. I had a cliff at the rear and side of my RV. You have to get it up there, and then you have to get it down.
You'll find most of the RV park owners to be pretty friendly, as most of the Rv'ers. Check out www.goodsamclub.com. Once you get an RV, it's a good club to join. I use their emergency road service, which will cover my truck, any car i have, my bike, as well as my Rv. I haven't had to use it yet, but I did meet a Goldwing rider that has. It's a good service.
2004 VTX 1800N

alejandro1800vtx

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 04:18:07 PM »

What kind of RV are you getting?
Coushatte RV ranch in Bellville is pretty nice. Nothing out there, but you're away from everyone. If you're in San Antonio, Fiesta RV park is prety nice. If you ever get to Ruidoso, NM, I would suggest staying in Alamogordo and driving up, unless you're a daring type person. The RV park is on a mountain, and each site overhangs the mountain. I had a cliff at the rear and side of my RV. You have to get it up there, and then you have to get it down.
You'll find most of the RV park owners to be pretty friendly, as most of the Rv'ers. Check out www.goodsamclub.com. Once you get an RV, it's a good club to join. I use their emergency road service, which will cover my truck, any car i have, my bike, as well as my Rv. I haven't had to use it yet, but I did meet a Goldwing rider that has. It's a good service.

+ 1 on good sam, we use on our rv, start going to state parks the best bang for the buks, Dies state park in jasper would be a nice start rigth of 190 by the lake  :thumbup:
just take it slow

matap

• Board
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 04:53:19 PM »

I've been seeing the Cargo Trailer COnversions and am thinking of jumping into one to convert myself.  Def want something that I can take my bike with me.  Just doesn't seem right to me to go RV camp and not be able to take my bike.  Almost feels as if I was cheating on her with an RV and for the most part, I would probably end up camping in areas where I really want to ride my bike. Hopefully this conversion isn't too hard.

alejandro1800vtx

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 05:19:03 PM »

buy a 70 dodge camper look around they are really cheap around 2k would get a nice clean old camper,  and tow the bike behind on a litte trailer

:thumbup:
just take it slow

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 07:31:49 PM »

I've been seeing the Cargo Trailer COnversions and am thinking of jumping into one to convert myself.  Def want something that I can take my bike with me.  Just doesn't seem right to me to go RV camp and not be able to take my bike.  Almost feels as if I was cheating on her with an RV and for the most part, I would probably end up camping in areas where I really want to ride my bike. Hopefully this conversion isn't too hard.
Talked to a friend that was in the RV business, He likes the cargo conversions because the trailers are so much better built. They are built to haul cargo although not as luxurious as a RV or Toy Box. One thing I found out about rV ing is I never spend any time in the RV. I'm either out doing something or sitting outside drinking beer. Just go in to sleep. I like to keep it simple. Let me know when you get started I would like to watch the process, might help a little bit.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 09:06:43 PM »

Yeah just buy ya a old U haul truck and convert it!!  ;D Has the ramp already!  ;D
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 10:02:39 PM »

I would shop around. You can pick one up that is already converted alot cheaper than trying to do it yourself. My buddy Faron just bought a 28' campmaster for just under $5000. they are really proud of all of the parts for rv toilets, sinks, stoves,inverters,etc. :thumbup:
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 12:22:41 AM »

Maybe not the best, but one my favorites is:

Pioneer RV Resort
1202 Maple Street, Bandera TX 78003

Nothing special really. Clean with plenty of trees. On the Medina river. But one block away is downtown Bandera, the OST, the Eleventh Street Pub and Arkey Blue's Silver Dollar Saloon. I love to park the bike when the sun goes down and hit the town.  :thumbup:
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

matap

• Board
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 08:50:34 AM »

Thanks for all the suggestions.  Keep'em coming.  I really am looking them up and saving them under my favorites tab.  I started looking around for some travel trailer options and cargo trailers, and have come across a company that makes these real nice toy haulers out of Mesa, AZ.  they don't have any in inventory, they make it once you put your deposit down and have it ready in about 3 months. yeah, I know, but they must be doing something right.  anyway, the people there are pretty friendly and I started doing some research on their company and they've been in business for quite some time now doing the same thing and a lot of people have good things to say, with of course the occasional few that don't, but thats normal.  Imperfect people making imperfect things.  They have good warranties.  www.dunesport.com is the website.  So.........this is looking very tempting in terms of saving myself all the guess work of doing it myself.  These come loaded or you can build a basic one with just what you thing is necessary.  They even have a 12' toyhauler that sleeps two for under $9k (loaded)

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 01:47:25 PM »

Goose Island State Park in Rockport........Has WIFI

San Luis Pass County Park in Freeport.............Has WIFI only problem is locked out of games on the internet but can get on forums.
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 02:10:19 PM »

that is a cool website Matap...if we weren't looking to drop lots of money on boat right now I would be pushing to get something like this.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 03:52:30 PM »

Very nice.

I don't think Jim would be too happy with me if I told him we needed one of those when we just got the 18' Fun Finder 5 weeks ago.......... :boxing:
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 05:31:37 PM »

Those are some nice Toy Haulers!!  :thumbup:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal