Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: just wanted to fill everyone in! (RIDE FROM BAMC TO BIKINIS!!)  (Read 12518 times)

Snake Doc

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • San Antonio
Re: just wanted to fill everyone in!
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008, 10:38:38 AM »

Lets let PiPiDiPo pick a date that fits his schedule and WE try to arrange a meet to fit his time??????? 8)

That's what I had in mind. Statewide would be fine, but not if it is a PITA to organize, and remember that he is at a military installation, not Luby's down the street.

Check in here, PiPiDiPo, (or PM), and let us know if you would be interested in a visit from a bunch of knuckleheads....  O0

+3
My three favorite boxers:
1905-1974 James J. "Cinderella Man" Braddock
2006 Goldwing Nav
2020 Subaru Forester Touring

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2008, 10:42:31 AM »

I'm in....

God Bless ya O0
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2008, 06:34:41 PM »

God, what can anyone say that would be enough. God Bless and i pray for a compleat and speedy recovery.
It's all just part of the adventure!

paperpeddler

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008, 07:22:24 PM »

hEY Pip, thanks for your service.  Hope for a speedy recovery.  Count me in on the ride to visit.  Keep me informed.  Let me know if anything I can personally do for you.

Regards Paperpeddler

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 09:19:57 PM »

I am so glad to read you are OK......... I am glad to know SmoothX was with you. He is a fantastic person.

Thank you for your Service.....
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 10:14:58 AM »

hello to all my tx x rider brothers and sisters.  i just wanted to fill everybody in on whats going on, as some may know i was shot in iraq, and medevac'd in the middle of feb.  i have been going through therapy and treatment for my arm and hand here in san antonio at the army hospital. i may be in treatment for up to a year. i am to stubborn though to let it take that long.  it really sucks cuz it is my clutch hand.  i am hoping to have strength enough to be able to use it soon.  the weather is getting nice, and i cant wait to get out on the road with you all.  in iraq i was fortunate to have one of our buddies "smooth x" there in the hospital.  he took good care of me and kept me company before i left.  god bless him.  i wish you all the best and hope to get on the saddle again soon.  take care!!
BUMP   O0 O0
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2008, 01:07:00 PM »

Get well soon!!! Iam sure you will and take care!!  8) GOD BLESS AMERICA and those who serve!!  :)
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

youngblood

• Tejano
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2008, 05:17:19 PM »

Thanks for your service. Glad that you will be ok.

You probably already know this but I will rant on any way. Keep track of all your medical paperwork. Make copies of all this paperwork well in advance of your End of Active Obligated Service. Be preparred to stand in line at the local VA when you get out. Join the DAV once you get out. Get started now and you will be well ahead when you get out.

One other thing...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU... I cant say it enough.

+ Another for the cause.
2006 1800 F2 for now

The PiPiDiPo

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2008, 09:02:31 AM »

Thank you everyone for all your kind words.  I plan on healing quick.  A couple guys I am in therapy with also ride, and they encourage me.  I know there are a few things going on this month, and hope to get out there.  My arm is getting better, I am blessed that it was not worse.  I live with other Soldiers that are severly burned or amputees.  I just got shot and my nerves are messed up.  So I know it could be much, much worse.  I look forward to a ride, and would love for everyone to visit.  If anyone has any ideas please tell.  Can't wait, take care and God bless!!

The PiPiDiPo

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2008, 09:15:29 AM »

Also, I think it would be great if some of you all came to visit.  That would just make my day to see a river of bikes rolling into the BAMC compound.  I think I might need to coordinate something with the security myself, to let them know.  They allow visitors without military tags into the hospital area, you just have to show valid license.  Families of the wounded warriors dont have militatry tags and are alowed in.  See you soon.

crow57

• Old Timer
  • Garland
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2008, 09:35:26 AM »

Be aware that to allow a motorcycle on base, any military installation is going to  require a helmet, goggles or face shield (eye glasses not enough),  boots, full-fingered gloves, long sleeved shirt or jacket, and bright-colored vest in the daytime, reflective vest at night...  Must be licensed & legal of course...  I think that's about everything.  Don't wanna see anybody make a long trip and get turned away at the gate for not having "the right stuff"... 

Any of you guys in the Central Texas Patriot Guard?  They've probably got experience with rides on military bases...

'05 V-Twin, Xtra large 1800 S

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2008, 02:50:24 PM »

PPDP,

Can you check on the requirements, if we were to bring some bikes over? The only thing I am missing from crow57's list would be the vest. Let us know the requirements, and we'll put something together. I will be bikeless for the next 2 weeks, as I am sending my seat out tomorrow to California to be customized, but I can always cage!  O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Wild Bill05

• Tejano
  • My Pride and Joy 05' VTX 1800R
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2008, 07:00:24 PM »

Crow57 is right about requirements and don't forget Proof of insurance!   O0
Believe that the ride is free! And we are free to enjoy the ride!    "Bikes
are everywhere! So Look twice!"

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 09:45:37 AM »

Sorry to hear you were shot, I hope you make a full recovery and thank you for serving your country. I know Cyberhick makes a clutch tention reducer that may help when you are ready to ride again.                     

As a honoree Centexer (inducted at LSR this year ;D) I hope to be able to make the ride to see you, if not I am sure some one will take pictures.

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 10:33:47 AM »

Be aware that to allow a motorcycle on base, any military installation is going to  require a helmet, goggles or face shield (eye glasses not enough),  boots, full-fingered gloves, long sleeved shirt or jacket, and bright-colored vest in the daytime, reflective vest at night...  Must be licensed & legal of course...  I think that's about everything.  Don't wanna see anybody make a long trip and get turned away at the gate for not having "the right stuff"... 

Any of you guys in the Central Texas Patriot Guard?  They've probably got experience with rides on military bases...
All army bases I have been on also require proof of a MSF course completion. How about it Stevers, is Hood requiring that also?
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal