Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Dyno today(Now with Graphs AF #'s and video)  (Read 12232 times)

bgreer

Re: Dyno today(Now with Graphs AF #'s and video)
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2007, 07:00:28 PM »

Well, I have always run into different machines having different results. I think the only way is to put everyone on the same machine!

We need another dyno day Johnny  ;)

Well, considering Johnny's "I'm the greatest, and everyone else sucks attitude" I'll pass....anyway, I buy oil filters by the case

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2007, 07:03:15 PM »

Well, I have always run into different machines having different results. I think the only way is to put everyone on the same machine!

Well, considering Johnny's "I'm the greatest, and everyone else sucks attitude" I'll pass....anyway, I buy oil filters by the case

Guess I missed something  ???

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

RedDragon

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2007, 09:02:58 PM »

anyway, I buy oil filters by the case

Dayum, did they tell you you had to change your oil everyday.  ::)

2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

bgreer

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2007, 09:20:14 PM »

I was referin to JC's "prizes"....wooohooo oil filters....not

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2007, 09:32:52 PM »

:'(
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2007, 09:46:27 PM »

Who's making the popcorn?  Dibs on the La-Z-Boy! ::) ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2007, 09:50:07 PM »

Who's making the popcorn?  Dibs on the La-Z-Boy! ::) ;)

;) 8)
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

johnnycheese

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2007, 10:03:38 PM »

the oil filters where a joke but are going out Monday
and as I said your gains are real your numbers are not.
and yes I am the best and never said 3rd coast sucked ....you just did
Johnnycheese tuning center
512-767-4273
Builder and tuner of the fastest NA bike in Texas

RedDragon

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2007, 10:06:49 PM »

I was referin to JC's "prizes"....wooohooo oil filters....not

Ok, well I do not remember Johnny having any attitude about anything, I do remember him asking a few questions about your dyno. When things are a little out of the norm that usually brings up a red flag. Even Snake said that it was a little out of the norm. So if Johnny starts asking questions that gives him an attitude? Yes, he was only offering up oil filters, but you know, when i rode down, winning a $3.00 oil filter was never on my mind. If you pulled your bike in his drive, he would grab your bike and put it on the dyno, dyno it , and then put it back in the parking lot while you sit there and watched. I watched him do this all day, without asking anything from anybody unless you wanted something extra. No one is trying to start anything, but when stock bikes are made, they are generally in the same ball park. Intake and exhaust modifications make a difference, but not 20 hp. And I believe that you can never tell what each bike will do up against another unless you put them on the same machine. Most of the equipment that I use at work has to be calibrated once a year. Anyway, I just stated that doing another dyno would be a good way to check accuracy either way, but I can see why you would not want to.

2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Kentagious

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2007, 10:26:21 PM »

I wonder how this thread would have gone if the numbers were reversed  ???
I guess it don't seem wrong if it ain't being done to you.
2015 Victory Cross Country Tour
04' VTX 1300 S

bgreer

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2007, 10:59:21 PM »

I was talking about you.
The reason I asked what temp it was is due to the correction factor. it is incorrect thus the number are incorrect but the gain is real.
I am seeing this more and more.

Can you explain that a little better...what does the temp have to do with the correction factor, and how do you know what the correction factor is for his machine

Johnny not explaining as asked, suggested (at least to me) that he was trying to slam Third Coast Speed. As I explained in an earlier post, I don't know what all the #'s on those sheets mean...except that the AF #'s are close to target as it was explained to me, the torque #'s gained 10 lbs from the first run...and this is what I wanted...1 or 2 HP most riders will never feel...but you feel 10 lbs of torque...This guy ran multiple times and did a good job tuning my bike...end of story...Mike had nothing bad to say about Johnny, only that he knew who he was and that they posted on the same Hybusa Board. I guess I was surprised when Johnny (at least the way I read it) attempted to dis-credit Third Coast Speed...and just for the record, I planned to go to Johnnys on that Saturday, but my bike was not ready (fuel pressure regulator)...I had heard good things about Third Coast Speed, and they were only an hour away,  simply time management and economics...a 6hr ride and an overnight stay, I would have made to be there with a bunch of X riders, but it didn't make sense to do by myself, when Third Coast Speed was right here, and I won 1400.00 gambling on the way back

skipppy75

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress, TX
Re: Dyno today
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2007, 12:30:10 AM »

Only great things to say about Third Coast Speed....this guy is a true pro...we made about 6 runs maybe more, tweaking the #'s each time...

Not dumping on you and I don't know how they dyno, but this statement concearns me.
The way I see it, it seems unusual to make a run and then tweak.
Was the bike tested in multiple RPM ranges and tweaked while in that range to ensure your A/F was good?
I see your A/F info and it looks pretty straight.

I guess I am just trying to figure this whole Dyno thing out and A/F ratio.
I plan on getting a PC3 soon, but was told I could do without one for a while since my bike runs pretty good without it.
I would like to say that seeing RedDragon have his Dyno'd with Johnny sure did help me understand and I hate not understanding.

well good luck to you all and have a good weekend

03 1800C bought Aug. 26 and road home 1000+ miles in about 16hrs
05 1300C sold July 21 damaged by 2 deer and road
01 ACE 750 25K miles and sold

bgreer

Re: Dyno today
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2007, 12:39:39 AM »

Only great things to say about Third Coast Speed....this guy is a true pro...we made about 6 runs maybe more, tweaking the #'s each time...

Not dumping on you and I don't know how they dyno, but this statement concearns me.
The way I see it, it seems unusual to make a run and then tweak.
Was the bike tested in multiple RPM ranges and tweaked while in that range to ensure your A/F was good?
I see your A/F info and it looks pretty straight.

I guess I am just trying to figure this whole Dyno thing out and A/F ratio.
I plan on getting a PC3 soon, but was told I could do without one for a while since my bike runs pretty good without it.
I would like to say that seeing RedDragon have his Dyno'd with Johnny sure did help me understand and I hate not understanding.

well good luck to you all and have a good weekend

Hell, I'm more confused now than I was....All I know is my bike runs great, better than before the dyno and tune....I just posted this to help some in the area know of a good shop, and it turned into a pissin match...this boards gettin worse than the OA

skipppy75

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress, TX
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2007, 12:44:04 AM »

well it's not that bad

some guy decided I didn't need a seat and took it over me and then others dumping on me and saying they are not inclined to sell
that's a hoot
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=218932

03 1800C bought Aug. 26 and road home 1000+ miles in about 16hrs
05 1300C sold July 21 damaged by 2 deer and road
01 ACE 750 25K miles and sold

bgreer

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2007, 12:49:23 AM »

well it's not that bad

some guy decided I didn't need a seat and took it over me and then others dumping on me and saying they are not inclined to sell
that's a hoot
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=218932

There are some good people here, no doubt, but there are also alot of punks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal