Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Texas to Coloradical  (Read 15991 times)

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
Re: Texas to Coloradical
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2010, 03:00:05 PM »

:redcard:  I think they are still in Canon!!!
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2010, 07:20:11 PM »

Yeah, so much for that cheapy tracking software!  :pot:

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2010, 08:24:08 PM »

Yeah, so much for that cheapy tracking software!  :pot:

I think I detect just a slight trace of FRUSTRATION in your key stokes!?!  Too much caffeine???

God Bless America!! :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2010, 10:48:59 PM »

Yes, cheapy tracking.  If REI or Bass Pro is open tomorrow, going to get a GPS system. 

Recap from past 2 days...

Friday: 
Mt. Evans, left early and had a brisk ride up the Mountain.  I think there may have been 7 cars at the top.  No problem with traffic (up or down), had lunch in Idaho Springs at the "Tommyknocker Micro brewery", neat place and good food.  Departed for Denver and encountered a downpour/thunderstorm with a few bolts of lightning, and I do mean a downpour all the way to Loop 470.  I think Jeff and Bull (Rick from Okla.) really enjoyed the mountain goats (you know...scuffs on the shins kind of stuff),  :t    anyway, I digress!!!    Great ride with Jeff, Rick & Sylvia.  And after our return and dinner, worked 2 hrs on the Wing to place a little chrome & a belly pan...   ;D   I had help from Richard (Clif's/Duc...brother). 

Saturday: 
We made the Rocky MNP/Trailridge run today.  They have only finished the road with new asphalt up to the top of the ridge back on the West side in RMNP, getting ready to complete the rest, had the road crew machines ready for next week.  We rode 70 to Empire then took 40 up thru Winter Park, to Ganby (Lake Ganby and Grand Lake look to be very nice areas for water recreation), we just made it thru Ganby before the 4th of July parade, entered the RMNP after paying the $10 entry fee, awesome vistas/views and snow on the top of some Mts., Sylviia took a pic. of two 6x6 Elk near the road, at the top the temp. dropped to about 53 with wind chill of about 47, on top were 2 herds of Elk with about 40 total.
We had lunch in Estes Park at Celito's Mexican Rest.,  :lunch:  on the roof top patio with a view of the main street below, made the ride back down 7, to 119 and then thru Golden Gate Park (if anyone was getting tired they woke up with all of the twisties here), NO RAIN on this ride, YAHOO, but Sunday is a 40% chance of rain.
We are looking at a short ride on Sunday to return for the games and BBQ.  I will leave early Monday morn. with Sylvia for parts further North.  The trans-plant Texan (Jeff, he was ride leader today via the Garmiin) will return home and Kenny; he is going straight thru to Austin.   :bikerider:  He should get some kind of scout patch for that!   ;D   

I will try to post pics tomorrow evening in a folder on my Facebook...

'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2010, 11:59:29 PM »

:thumbup:  Bobby thanks for the ride report!!!   I hope Jeff makes it home safely!!!   Y'all stay safe and enjoy the high country!!!   I hope you win something good and eat my BBQ !!!!  I do wish I was there and tell everyone hay for me!  Tell Bull maybe next year!!   
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2010, 10:55:30 PM »

Sunday report:
Jeff was the ride leader for today & we departed about 7:15am. We went out I-70 , encountered heavy fog/mist thru the first tunnel, that cleared and then we hit the rototilled road debris/grooves for about 2 miles before the Eisenhower Tunnel.  It was a little tricky with the grooves tracking the tires all over the place.  But we made our route on down 70 to Breckenridge.  Really neat little town looks like they have had a ton of improvement and building boom.  I did not know that the Ski Gondola ran all the way down into downtown, that was cool.  Being the 4th of July, it was packed.  Jeff almost took out an elderly gentleman at a crosswalk; he thought he had the all clear  :redcard:  to cross the road, NOT!  As Jeff said, he didn't think he would hit him, since he was just shuffling along...   ;D

We cleared town and picked-up the speed a little, went thru a nice Mt. Pass and it opened into a beautiful valley with snow capped Mts. looming to the West...a small man-made lake to hold runoff water from the snow was at the base of the canyon, cool reflections from the clouds in the sky onto the water.  Jeff looked at the 12 acres for Sale at this picture stop.  We discussed the building aspects of the property since it only had about 30 feet of flat land and the rest ran straight down hill, but decided it was probably about $$$$ to rich for our pockets.

Highway 9 lead us on down to the small town of Fairplay, all of the really small towns look the same....small schools, 1 church, 2 small cafe's, 1 B&B,
1 hardware/feedstore & about 6 gas/convience stores. Highway 285 directed us back to Lakewood Colorado, some traffic on the road but nothing to really hold you up, the valley's and Mts. did look alot different when running this route backwards, arrived at the hotel around 11:45 am.
I jumped-in on the bike games but sucked hind tit, Sylvia saved me on the Joust event when she looped 4 of 5 rings, still didn't win.  Jeff took pics. along with the others and held down the Shiner Brews.  :c   The BBQ was as usual  :lunch: and I only took home some bike polish & 2 VTX decals from the drawings, dang...   :flag:

Sylvia and I will depart for Wyoming in the morning at 5am & Jeff will head back to the flatlanders.   :bikerider:
I will post again tomorrow where we end-up and will try to get a GPS tracker for the rest of the travel. 
You guys should have been here!!!!!!   :goldwing:
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2010, 04:54:22 AM »

Headed to the house, Instamapper won't be on, I'll check in when I get there. Had a BLAST up here!

:thumbup:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

TomVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Blanco, Texas
« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2010, 07:02:29 AM »

Sounds like you guys had a blast. Glad you met my good friend Bull.  We met up there in 2006 I think.  It was the first time to Coloradical for both of us and we had a blast then and met up there again in 07.  Hope everyone arrives home safe. 

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2010, 09:36:18 AM »

:pot:  I am glad Jeff had fun and look at some land(RD?). It realy is a good gathering and well organized!!   Everyone ride safe ride long.  North and South!!!  :goldwing: :goldwing:[/color.   

TomVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Blanco, Texas
« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2010, 05:09:36 PM »

:pot:  I am glad Jeff had fun and look at some land(RD?). It realy is a good gathering and well organized!!   Everyone ride safe ride long.  North and South!!!  :goldwing: :goldwing:[/color.   
Now Kenny, you know the land here in Texas is the same and better than Colorado (RD), he said it was.

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2010, 07:15:48 PM »

:redcard:  true dat Tom!!! I hope you are doing well my friend!!!!

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2010, 08:33:34 PM »

Arrived in Red Lodge a little while ago. Having Dinner in town, we were about sheared off the road between Cheyenne & Casper, winds were about 20-30 mph, I thought the wheels were coming from under us a few times(white knuckled); made it to Cody for a late lunch at 2:30 pm, ate at Irma's(good eats, on the main drag, old hotel from the 1800's); headed out for Chief Joseph's Highway, wow Kenny & Pete..both correct...truly awesome road and they have made some road improvements, temp at the top of the pass was 43 degrees; made the turn for Bear Tooth Pass and hit a little rain, and about half way up the first pass it turned to sleet and light snow, nothing like Pete had last year...Now this was unbelievable, temp up here was 34 degrees,, it is like you were going to Heaven if it is in the clouds, Sylvia took some pics. but very cloudy, I will download tonight if the hotel has Internet, they were doing road improvements and had some gravel in spots but once you were actually on the raid up Bear Tooth, new asphalt all the way thru the main pass, really wish all of you guys were here!!  Jeff this is the pre trip next year for all of us!!!
So put it on the calendar for next year!!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 08:36:20 PM by beaux43 »
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2010, 09:01:23 PM »

The Feejer has landed at it's home base. Pics tomorrow; I'm going to soak my azz...

And no, there will be no pics of said azz...

:ohwow:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2010, 09:17:48 PM »

:redcard:   Glad you are back in the great  state of TEXAS even if you don't belong here !!!!!!!  I hope you had a great time and willing to do it again !!!!!!   Take a nap you old Cranberries!!!

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2010, 11:56:29 PM »

I guess no one is interested, so goodbye!
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal