Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A funny story... kinda  (Read 420 times)

TrexG

• Tejano
A funny story... kinda
« on: July 25, 2014, 10:12:08 PM »

A few years ago my brother and I made the Arkansas run to Queen Wilhelmina State Park. He was riding his Harley Road King and I was riding my VTX 1800r. My brother was ragging me saying, that a Harley can be worked on anywhere we go. I answered that's good you will probably need it. My bike still had the stock seat on it and my arse was hurting big time. We stopped in to eat at a restaurant in a fairly large town, can't remember the name. I asked the waitress if there was a motorcycle repair place in the town and sure enough she told us where there was a Harley repair shop. So we headed to find the shop, my hopes that they might have something to lay down on my seat to cushion my ride. Within a couple of miles of getting there, my brother was gearing down at a red light when bam, his shift linkage broke leaving him in second gear. So we limped his Harley to the Harley repair shop and I was in luck they had a foam cushion tie one for my seat. The shop fixed his linkage and away we went. Before we left I smiled saying, "I guess Harleys can be worked own everywhere, lucky you."
Laughter is the best medicine and that is why I carry a mirror with me everywhere I go.

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
Re: A funny story... kinda
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 11:16:13 AM »

About three years ago, I awoke at the Queen Wilhelmina Lodge on Sunday morning to find my back tire flat. The clerk at the desk gave me a phone number of a shop in Mena called Hog Country Cycles. The owner came up with a trailer, towed the bike to Mena, put on a new Metzler and, of course, I needed new flange bearings. Luckily he had another VTX in the shop so he took the bearings out of the other VTX and put them on mine while he ordered another set for the other bike. It wasn't cheap, but I was back on the road in two hours. All of this on Sunday.

I wholeheartedly endorse Hog Country Cycles if you are in need of help in that area.  :thumbup:

Mike
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 07:38:14 AM »

About three years ago, I awoke at the Queen Wilhelmina Lodge on Sunday morning to find my back tire flat. The clerk at the desk gave me a phone number of a shop in Mena called Hog Country Cycles. The owner came up with a trailer, towed the bike to Mena, put on a new Metzler and, of course, I needed new flange bearings. Luckily he had another VTX in the shop so he took the bearings out of the other VTX and put them on mine while he ordered another set for the other bike. It wasn't cheap, but I was back on the road in two hours. All of this on Sunday.

I wholeheartedly endorse Hog Country Cycles if you are in need of help in that area.  :thumbup:

Mike

Hope we don't have to use them but good to know just in case. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 12:21:30 PM »

I don't know if the hours have changed or they helped me just because I needed it, but they are now closed Sunday

http://hogcountrycycles.com

623 Sherwood Ave, Ste. A
Mena, Arkansas 71953

Phone: 479-437-3034

Tues - Sat 9am - 5pm
Sun closed
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

TrexG

• Tejano
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 11:59:13 PM »

Wilhelmina ride my brother and I took was beautiful really enjoyed it. I look forward to riding it again.
Laughter is the best medicine and that is why I carry a mirror with me everywhere I go.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal