Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: San Antonio Area Xer's Gab  (Read 9170 times)

GregC

• Old Timer
  • San Antonio
San Antonio Area Xer's Gab
« on: August 19, 2008, 07:14:24 PM »

Hello to all the Xer’s in the San Antonio and surrounding area.  I got the idea a few weeks ago to start a thread for everyone in the local area that we could keep going back to and use over and over to communicate and just shoot the breeze with local folks without having to start a new topic every time or figure out where to post something. Today I see where the DFW area has been doing it for quite a while.  Kind of like when I invented the internet, Al Gore had already done it. 
So here is the local gab thread for the San Antonio and surrounding area.
I’ll start it off with a comment about John’s new seat mod.  Man it looks great.  At the next M/G I want to see what was done to get the mounting points to match up. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 07:19:36 PM by GregC »
Most people's heads grow right along with their salaries.

Blackmouth

Re: San Antonio Area Xer's Gab
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 12:01:09 PM »

This is a great idea Greg.

My .02 is....I'm sorry I missed that ride last weekend.
I was in Corpus with the family.
We went as a last minute deal and had a good time.
But, wow! Seems like those on that Vanderpool ride had fun!

Peace.

GregC

• Old Timer
  • San Antonio
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 02:51:47 PM »

We did hava a good ride, sorry you missed it but don't worry I'm working on another one in that area that will include some of where we were and more of the 3's.  Go to this site and click on the Ride The 3's to check it out.     

http://www.mctourer.com/rides/2005PRFH/sniffin.html
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 03:05:24 PM by GregC »

GregC

• Old Timer
  • San Antonio
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 12:26:27 AM »

It seems that it's always the same Xer's that can't make the Wednesday night M/G's  due to work, school, and other knots in their ropes that are always a problem for them on Wednesdays.  Yes, it was decided by a small majority that Wednesday nights is the most agreed upon for the M/G night and  It has worked well and we are getting more and more new members to show up.  I have meet some great folks.  But there are those who have a hard time with Wednesdays and never get to participate.  So I got to thinking.  Which starts my head hurting so I have to do it in stages. It's that Damm Woodstock thing you know.  I was wondering if it might be a good idea to have maybe the last M/G of each month on a Sunday afternoon say around 2 P.M. or so.   Most are not working at that time,   it's after Church, early enough to stay a while and still get home early enough to take care of what needs taking care of and be able to call it a day early.  Thought about Saturday but there  is just way to much going on on Saturdays . Kick this around a while and give me your thoughts and some feedback.  If it won't work I didn't use much paper and ink.

Blackmouth

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 07:09:36 AM »

We did hava a good ride, sorry you missed it but don't worry I'm working on another one in that area that will include some of where we were and more of the 3's.  Go to this site and click on the Ride The 3's to check it out.     

http://www.mctourer.com/rides/2005PRFH/sniffin.html

That's a great link, THANKS!
Lots of nice rides on there.

BTW, a M&G on a Sunday sounds great. The earlier the better for me, but 2pm is ok too.
I'm one of those that will rarely be able to make your Wed M&G's.

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 09:19:35 AM »

It seems that it's always the same Xer's that can't make the Wednesday night M/G's  due to work, school, and other knots in their ropes that are always a problem for them on Wednesdays.  Yes, it was decided by a small majority that Wednesday nights is the most agreed upon for the M/G night and  It has worked well and we are getting more and more new members to show up.  I have meet some great folks.  But there are those who have a hard time with Wednesdays and never get to participate.  So I got to thinking.  Which starts my head hurting so I have to do it in stages. It's that Damm Woodstock thing you know.  I was wondering if it might be a good idea to have maybe the last M/G of each month on a Sunday afternoon say around 2 P.M. or so.   Most are not working at that time,   it's after Church, early enough to stay a while and still get home early enough to take care of what needs taking care of and be able to call it a day early.  Thought about Saturday but there  is just way to much going on on Saturdays . Kick this around a while and give me your thoughts and some feedback.  If it won't work I didn't use much paper and ink.

I can go with that!  Sounds like a good Idea!

Drew
Ride it like you Borrowed it :)

black X

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 02:58:50 PM »

Works for me. I noticed another group in the area do two rides a month, one on a sat. and another on a sunday. Might be somthing to consider.

Alex

Vato55

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 04:58:19 PM »

That sounds great.  Weekdays sometimes tend to get busy so at least we would have the option on sunday.  I'm always looking for a ride on Sunday but end up just relaxing at the house.  This would be the excuse i need.
Take Care and Ride Safe.

Mo

JGomez55

• Old Timer
  • Lovin Life....!
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 05:45:21 PM »

You know me I am always up for a ride... Sunday would be a good day for a short ride....

8) O0
Joe Cool...8)

Snake Doc

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • San Antonio
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 08:19:10 PM »

Great idea!   O0
My three favorite boxers:
1905-1974 James J. "Cinderella Man" Braddock
2006 Goldwing Nav
2020 Subaru Forester Touring

GregC

• Old Timer
  • San Antonio
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 08:31:03 PM »

You guys are sooooooo easy.  Well if everyone is OK with it how bout we move the 27th M/G to the 31st at 2 PM.  Where do you want to have it?  Makes no difference to me.  A few folks have been wanting to go to Texas Pride.  This might be a good time to try it.  What do ya'll think?  If no one wants to go there we can pick another. 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 08:34:13 PM by GregC »

JGomez55

• Old Timer
  • Lovin Life....!
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 09:28:09 PM »

Is it open on Sundays at that time??? ???
Joe Cool...8)

GregC

• Old Timer
  • San Antonio
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 10:17:32 PM »

Well the web site I looked at said from noon to 6PM on Sunday but I'll call to make sure.
Yup! Noon to 6PM.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 10:13:58 AM by GregC »

Blackmouth

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 10:15:06 AM »

You guys are sooooooo easy.  Well if everyone is OK with it how bout we move the 27th M/G to the 31st at 2 PM.  Where do you want to have it?  Makes no difference to me.  A few folks have been wanting to go to Texas Pride.  This might be a good time to try it.  What do ya'll think?  If no one wants to go there we can pick another. 

That's Labor day weekend...I'll try my best.

As far as Texas Pride, that sounds good to me.

061300c

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 01:17:07 PM »

sundays are good for me no work count me in
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal