Poll

Will you make the ride to the best BBQ in Texas? June 7th

Applesauce Yes!
- 2 (100%)
Chickensauce No!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Snow's BBQ - Lexington, TX - June 7th  (Read 7519 times)

Swampfox

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Re: Snow's BBQ - Lexington, TX - June 7th
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2008, 12:01:26 PM »

My bike got home ok but ever the less I was in shock after putting it thought, well it's not a crock-a dootle-Do rocket but it thought it was more............ but not going to explan here...........leave that to our Vroooooom leaders to say............. :-X

Great time learned alot about my 1300c
she sure is a pretty bike
a very nice country lady said that at a unexpected stop......... :-X

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2008, 12:11:45 PM »

My bike got home ok but ever the less I was in shock after putting it thought, well it's not a crock-a dootle-Do rocket but it thought it was more............ but not going to explan here...........leave that to our Vroooooom leaders to say............. :-X

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2008, 12:55:58 PM »

Thanks to all that made it out to Lexington. Pogogolf (Jeff) and I left the closed HEB in Round Rock at 8:05, and got to Snow's at 8:55. Kenny was there, we jumped in line, and were promptly told they were out of brisket, and that, by the time we got in the building, all that probably would be left was link.  :'(

It turned out a bit better than that, as we got in the building about 20 minutes later, and waited for about 15 more minutes, before a guy came in with more link, a rack of ribs, and a brisket. Jeff and I split the last chunk of brisket, much to the dismay of the 10 or so folks behind us. The consensus on the quality of the 'q, between us three, was that it was good, but best in Texas? Not ready to give it that title yet. I personally have had better meat at Cooper's, but have also had poorer meat at Cooper's, so it's kind of hit or miss. It would be worth a drive again, but the next time, I'll call ahead and set some aside. They accept call in orders M-W, for the following Saturday, up to the limit that they will set aside for call-in. A LOT of folks showed up after us, and were highly disappointed to hear that the meat was gone. Jeff talked to someone who said he had driven his diesel 210 miles one way, only to arrive and be SOL.

The H-town guys showed up at least 2 hours after the well ran dry, but kept their spirits high and headed over to Louie Mueller's in Taylor, another 'q joint in the Top 5 of this month's Texas Monthly:

http://www.texasmonthly.com/2008-06-01/feature9.php

Not bad when #1 and #5 are thirty miles from each other, huh? The boys were standing in line on the sidewalk when I buzzed by, after getting gas. I hope it all went well.  O0   
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Swampfox

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2008, 01:13:08 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
:-X ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2008, 09:10:22 PM »

Thanks to all that made it out to Lexington. Pogogolf (Jeff) and I left the closed HEB in Round Rock at 8:05, and got to Snow's at 8:55. Kenny was there, we jumped in line, and were promptly told they were out of brisket, and that, by the time we got in the building, all that probably would be left was link.  :'(

It turned out a bit better than that, as we got in the building about 20 minutes later, and waited for about 15 more minutes, before a guy came in with more link, a rack of ribs, and a brisket. Jeff and I split the last chunk of brisket, much to the dismay of the 10 or so folks behind us. The consensus on the quality of the 'q, between us three, was that it was good, but best in Texas? Not ready to give it that title yet. I personally have had better meat at Cooper's, but have also had poorer meat at Cooper's, so it's kind of hit or miss. It would be worth a drive again, but the next time, I'll call ahead and set some aside. They accept call in orders M-W, for the following Saturday, up to the limit that they will set aside for call-in. A LOT of folks showed up after us, and were highly disappointed to hear that the meat was gone. Jeff talked to someone who said he had driven his diesel 210 miles one way, only to arrive and be SOL.

The H-town guys showed up at least 2 hours after the well ran dry, but kept their spirits high and headed over to Louie Mueller's in Taylor, another 'q joint in the Top 5 of this month's Texas Monthly:

http://www.texasmonthly.com/2008-06-01/feature9.php

Not bad when #1 and #5 are thirty miles from each other, huh? The boys were standing in line on the sidewalk when I buzzed by, after getting gas. I hope it all went well.  O0   
The Q was OK and it was dandy meeting up and riding with you, Jeff and seeing you again, Kenny! Here's my brother and my cooking team, we are the Midnight Smoker's.  :)  O0 This was at the Birmingham (AL) Sloss Factory cook off a couple of years ago...we finished third.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 09:12:50 PM by POGOGOLF »
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2008, 09:37:16 PM »

I am on the Berry now and.don't get pics. I am planing my escape from RETIREMENT again, to depart Sat A.M. For the west. Should I do the BBQ diet? NO !!!
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2008, 05:39:33 AM »

I am on the Berry now and.don't get pics. I am planing my escape from RETIREMENT again, to depart Sat A.M. For the west. Should I do the BBQ diet? NO !!!
It isn't too terribly often that I do BBQ for breakfast, but, then again, I'll try most anything once. Be safe and enjoy your trip!

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Quick-Silver

• Old Timer
  • Canyon Lake, Tx
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2008, 08:36:04 AM »

Kelso's take on Snow's:

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/06/10/0610kelso.html

I am surprised Kelso had anything positive to say.  I stopped reading his articles years ago because of his mostly negative opinions.  I thought his parents must have owned the Statesman, else he wouldn't be writing for a living.  Having a grasp on grammar doesn't make a writer. JMO.

BBQ!!!!!  I can't believe you guys went for Q and didn't invite me.  I thought we were BBQ brothers.  I'll have to give this place a try.

There is another BBQ place in Cele not too far from where you guy went in Lexington.  It is a small room with four or five table and not too much light, but the BBQ is great.  They only have Q on Fridays and till they run out on Saturdays.  Cele is not a town.  It is an intersection out in the middle of a cow pasture.

SEYA
Jerry Maler
07 Honda GL1800 Goldwing - Silver

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2008, 08:48:27 AM »

BBQ!!!!!  I can't believe you guys went for Q and didn't invite me.  I thought we were BBQ brothers.  I'll have to give this place a try.

The whole thread, 10 days prior to the leave date, wasn't enough of an invitation?  ::)

How ya been, Jerry? Haven't seen you since the get together at your place.
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Quick-Silver

• Old Timer
  • Canyon Lake, Tx
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2008, 09:57:37 AM »

The whole thread, 10 days prior to the leave date, wasn't enough of an invitation?  ::)
Ok, OK, so I don't get by here very often. :(  You know there is always email. ::)  I have a cell phone, too. :P

Just barely getting by. :'(
Jerry Maler

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2008, 10:55:32 AM »

Ok, OK, so I don't get by here very often. :(  You know there is always email. ::)  I have a cell phone, too. :P

Just barely getting by. :'(

that is zakly what I was gonna say.... Jerry you are always welcome to anything we do BRO> O0 O0 ::) :P ;D ;D ;D  Wayen , Kathy and me are headed west on saturday morning......... there is space on the road for ya......  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  NO I WONT BUY YOUR FUEL!!!!!! :-* :P ;D ;D ;D :D :D O0 RIDE SAFE RIDE LONG
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

Quick-Silver

• Old Timer
  • Canyon Lake, Tx
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2008, 12:00:53 PM »

Wayen , Kathy and me are headed west on saturday morning......... there is space on the road for ya......  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  NO I WONT BUY YOUR FUEL!!!!!! :-* :P ;D ;D ;D :D :D O0 RIDE SAFE RIDE LONG

Kenny, I'd like nothing better than to make this trip with you.  However, since the first of the year, the stars have fallen out of alignment.  I am staying closer to home this year except for maybe a quick trip to Arkansas in the fall.

I look forward to riding more next year. O0

Later on in the summer I will post up for an "overnight campout get together sort of a thang" of X Riders at my cabin - when the weather cools a bit.  I'm thinking evening BBQ and breakfast tacos.

I will need some input as to the date though - Oct or Nov?   If the turnout is small, it's my treat.  If there is a large turnout, we'll need to get everyone to chip in a few bucks for the drinks, Q & tacos.  We'll just have to see how it goes.

Camping is free....always. O0
Jerry Maler

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2008, 04:58:41 PM »

Make sure you call in on Monday or Tuesday ahead of time so you'll get some! They were sold out by 9 am and they don't open until 8 am!!!!!

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2008, 05:06:52 PM »

Kelso's take on Snow's:

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/06/10/0610kelso.html
Jeff, I found a pic I had taken of the Tuna I told you about that we did in B'ham at the Sloss Factory cook off a couple of years ago...it was DIVINE!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal