Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: no one post  (Read 6569 times)

grapeape

• Old Timer
  • Big Blurple Monkey with a Darkside!
Re: no one post
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2009, 11:43:04 AM »

Gumbo, your a$$ must be tuff as chit with that much ridin.
The is no upside in messin' with things you don't understand.

2003 VTX1800R, Goodyear Triple Tread 205/60R/16, V&H Big Shots, PCIII

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2009, 01:15:23 PM »

Hard as 7 day old roadkill!   :c    :bikerider:
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2009, 03:05:40 PM »

When I moved to Texas in 2006 this was a very active board with interesting and relevant posts every day and rides nearly every weekend.  I clocked more riding time in 2006 than any year before or since.  It was great. Over the past year or so the posting has dropped to 1 post every other week most of which have little to do with VTXs, motorcycles in general or organizing rides.  I think this is because many folks have migrated to other bikes and other interest or there is just too much Texas and too few VTX riders to have a critical mass. Not a problem, just the circle of life. And the life of this board seems to be just about over.

The last ride successfully organized through the TexasXRiders, Central Texas Board, was June 8 and last bike night post was February 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That was nearly 3 and 8 months ago respectively.  Ain't that some chit.   Is it any wonder why nobody comes here and posts anymore?????

As a result I started following other boards and riding with other groups.

Hmmmmmm....not sure if you are serious or just poking fun (taking an op to use the word CHIT)

I find that this forum is pretty active...enough to keep me reading throughout most of the day.  Now, granted not all of the posting is about MCs.  But the way I view that is that this is a part of my family, and as I do not ONLY discuss my family's bloodline with my kids, I do not ONLY discuss MCs here on this forum.

I agree that the central TX area doesn't seem to be quite as active as the Houston group (which I am fortunate to be a part of).  Not being totally familiar with you personally, I would have to ask...have you regularly tried to set up M&Gs and rides and no one showed up?  If that is the case then you definitely have an issue, but if you are sitting around waiting for someone to organize you riding events, then I don't see that you have a soapbox to stand on.  Now, please weigh that last statement with the fact that as I stated before, I am not familiar with you personally...I would make that statement to anyone and everyone.  I regularly recommend M&G places, and am pretty damn faithful to show up to most all of them, along with organizing rides (such as the Labor Day one this weekend).

I enjoy this forum and altho not perfect, it is a damn great group of people.  If I am reacting too much, then just chalk it up to a mother trying to protect her family from what appeared to be an attack.   Hey maybe you just need to move to the Houston area...we are pretty damn active down here.    :c :bikerider:
Thanks Mom! :stickpoke:   VTX CRUZR  sorry your having a hard time finding riding partners. 2yrs and 22,000 miles here all on the weekends. I ride mostly with this group but other folks as well it's all good. I'll be in Bandera end of the month for rumble on the river rally and taking some east Texas boys to ride the hill country. Feel free to join us if your out that way.
It's all just part of the adventure!

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2009, 03:47:44 PM »

I guess I started all this CHIT, and I am sorry if it offended ANYONE!! :simmadown: :simmadown: I miss the time when this area was active, and many of the people that posted here.. :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider: I also have a Wing wicth I like but I like the VTX  and  Texas "X" Riders the best! :thumbup: :thumbup: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:  I see a lot of VTX'S in the area but don't go to the places they go I guess ( I don't get out much ) and for some reason they must not find this board...    RIDE SAFE RIDE LONG  NO CHIT   :banghead: :banghead: :cuss: :bikerider: :t
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2009, 04:03:54 PM »

Way to go Kenny, you've gone and  :pot: it again!!
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Dusty

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2009, 04:12:41 PM »

THAT'S SOME GOOOOOOOOOOOD CHIT MAN!   :c :flag: :c :flag: :c :flag:

I have averaged 13,000 miles a year for the last 6 years. Don't much care for meet-n-greets,group rides or other messageboards. I like the outdoor functions the group has when the weather is nice and I like most everyone that I have met on this board. I come here multiple times a day to check on my Pen Pals.  :notworthy:

Hi, My name is Dusty and I am a TexasXriderboardaholic.  :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :c
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 04:24:29 PM by Dusty »

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2009, 06:57:12 PM »

I have averaged 13,000 miles a year for the last 6 years. Don't much care for meet-n-greets,group rides or other messageboards. I like the outdoor functions the group has when the weather is nice and I like most everyone that I have met on this board. I come here multiple times a day to check on my Pen Pals.  :notworthy:

Hi, My name is Dusty and I am a TexasXriderboardaholic.  :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :c
I second that CHIT!!  ;D
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2009, 07:53:42 PM »

I turd dat Chit!
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2009, 08:50:03 PM »

http://www.c4vct.com/kym/humor/schitt.htm
Jack Schitt's Family Tree

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many times has someone said to you...."You don't know Jack Schitt." This phrase is commonly used by Americans in case of a heated argument to let the other guy know that he knows nothing.

Now, you will know the entire story....

Jack Schitt is the only son of O. Schitt and Awe Schitt. O. Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married Awe Schitt, who later ran the Kneedeep Inn-Schitt. Jack Schitt eventually married Noe Schitt, and together they produced six children. Holy Schitt, their first child, passed on shortly after birth. Next came twin sons, Deep Schitt and Dip Schitt and then two daughters, Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt. Their final child, another son, named Bull Schitt. In the meantime, Deep Schitt married Dumb Schitt, a high school dropout. Dip Schitt married Lotta Schitt and they have a son, Chicken Schitt. Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt married the Happens Brothers. The Schitt-Happens children are Dawg Schitt, Bird Schitt and Horace Schitt. Bull Schitt just married a spicy number, Pisa Schitt and they are expecting the arrival of Baby Schitt.

So, now you know Jack Schitt and his family, in case someone asks.

Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2009, 08:58:29 PM »

Gumbo, your a$$ must be tuff as chit with that much ridin.

Grapeape, I don't even have an a$$ anymore ;D ;D ;D But I do have some tuff cartilage material back there.  :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider:

Thanks MsVTX for the sheep skin  :thumbup: :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2009, 09:03:18 PM »

:agree: with Dusty!
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2009, 08:13:15 AM »

Hmmmmmm....not sure if you are serious or just poking fun (taking an op to use the word CHIT)

I find that this forum is pretty active...enough to keep me reading throughout most of the day.  Now, granted not all of the posting is about MCs.  But the way I view that is that this is a part of my family, and as I do not ONLY discuss my family's bloodline with my kids, I do not ONLY discuss MCs here on this forum.

I agree that the central TX area doesn't seem to be quite as active as the Houston group (which I am fortunate to be a part of).  Not being totally familiar with you personally, I would have to ask...have you regularly tried to set up M&Gs and rides and no one showed up?  If that is the case then you definitely have an issue, but if you are sitting around waiting for someone to organize you riding events, then I don't see that you have a soapbox to stand on.  Now, please weigh that last statement with the fact that as I stated before, I am not familiar with you personally...I would make that statement to anyone and everyone.  I regularly recommend M&G places, and am pretty damn faithful to show up to most all of them, along with organizing rides (such as the Labor Day one this weekend).

I enjoy this forum and altho not perfect, it is a damn great group of people.  If I am reacting too much, then just chalk it up to a mother trying to protect her family from what appeared to be an attack.   Hey maybe you just need to move to the Houston area...we are pretty damn active down here.    :c :bikerider:

As long as you mentioned it, yes, you're reacting too much. Lex is as good as they get, and has attended many M&Gs in the past, both in Austin, which I can attest to, and I suspect a few in SA, as he lives in New Braunfels. He also makes the trip to Houston quite often, as his job takes him there. He was just commenting on the fact that the CenTex M&Gs have been few and far between this year, for whatever reason, and that he hasn't limited his riding to just with the VTX group. Nothing wrong with that, IMO.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2009, 08:57:19 AM »

Correct!  However, you still get a    :redcard:    just because...
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2009, 09:11:59 AM »

As long as you mentioned it, yes, you're reacting too much. Lex is as good as they get, and has attended many M&Gs in the past, both in Austin, which I can attest to, and I suspect a few in SA, as he lives in New Braunfels. He also makes the trip to Houston quite often, as his job takes him there. He was just commenting on the fact that the CenTex M&Gs have been few and far between this year, for whatever reason, and that he hasn't limited his riding to just with the VTX group. Nothing wrong with that, IMO.
Well said, the Centex group does seem to have "some issues", but that's nothing new. JMHO. Ride with whomever you trust and can.  :bikerider:  :agree:  :c
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

vtxcrzr

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels, TX Black 1800C
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2009, 09:27:22 AM »

Jeff, thanks for running some defense on my behalf.  It was not an attack, just a simple observation of fact.  The fact being that there was not a single new thread started on the Central Texas Board between July 26, 2009 and September 2, 2009.  Which is a shame because I think this is a great group of people and have enjoyed riding with everyone I have met through the Central Texas Board.  Its just sad to see such a good group whither away.   But these are tough times I am guessing that nearly everyone (myself included) has had to make adjustments.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal