Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bike not starting  (Read 901 times)

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Bike not starting
« on: September 21, 2010, 01:57:44 PM »

Everything was running ok played the radio for a few seconds then turned it off then turned on the LEDS had a wire to connect under the gas tank but thhe key was off while I did this.Then tried to restart the bike an nothing happened turned over but no go.I did notice all the lights,turn signals work,radio plays but the tail light is not working.Any ideas other than maybe one of the fuses which I have not checked yet?
Alvin,Texas

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
Re: Bike not starting
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 02:32:21 PM »

Does the center console turn on? If it does not turn on, then it's a fuse. The taillight and center console are on the same circuit.
2005 VTX 1300
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered
Kuryakyn Pro Series Hypercharger
K&N Air Filter
Xtreme Revolution Fairing
Cobra Sissy Bar
Lindby Custom Engine Gaurd
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs
I lost count of all of the chrome she has :-D

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 02:38:40 PM »

Yes just checked and they are working and the taillight is now working for some odd reason after plugging in the loose LED connection again.Anyway talked to Cyberhick and he said more than likely the battery checked the fuses and all are ok plus battery is over two years old so about time for it to go out.Will check the battery out on the charger with the new radion and all the things I needed to get Sirus radio may drawmore juice when it is off than I thought,Onward to remove the battery lol
Alvin,Texas

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 09:22:48 PM »

Starts fine now was low battery just will not shift but that is not due to fairing installation another fing problem
Alvin,Texas

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal