Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: It hasn't been that long BUT  (Read 4310 times)

jwoolf

It hasn't been that long BUT
« on: April 24, 2007, 06:23:08 PM »

I think I need another VTX1800.

Don't get me wrong, I love my new bike and, it has it's place but, I need another bike too. ( I'm not getting rid of the big dog )

I may have already located one in Alabama that I may go get.  It's an 1800R.

I've been hanging around the Blacksheep as BDC has already posted on the DFW thread and, I'm going to need a bike I can run the tires off of and know it's going to start and run.... not to mention that I don't want to attempt to put those kind of miles on the big dog.

I'm not ragging on the big dog... it has it's place but, I need a bagger I can take out of town for the weekend too.

I had about 48k miles on my last VTX and, the damned thing never left me anywhere.... It's hard not to want to come back to the group!  :)

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
Re: It hasn't been that long BUT
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 06:27:05 PM »

Great! There is one in Garland on this site for sale. They are asking $6450.00.

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 06:55:17 PM »

Sweet!  Don't the Blacksheep have a problem with Metric Cruisers or are they more open minded than some of the others.  Getcha X!   O0

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "NO PAIN, NO STAIN!!!" Ft. worth
    • http://myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 07:17:56 PM »

i knew you'd come back to your scenses ;D ;D ;D ;D

OCIFFER, I SweAr To DRunK I'M NoT GoD!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider

T-BIRD

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 09:07:17 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I love my new bike and, it has it's place but, I need another bike too. ( I'm not getting rid of the big dog )

I've been hanging around the Blacksheep as BDC has already posted on the DFW thread and, I'm going to need a bike I can run the tires off of and know it's going to start and run.... not to mention that I don't want to attempt to put those kind of miles on the big dog.

I'm not ragging on the big dog... it has it's place but, I need a bagger I can take out of town for the weekend too.

I had about 48k miles on my last VTX and, the damned thing never left me anywhere.... It's hard not to want to come back to the group!  :)

Hell Joe come on Ice and I were sitting on Duke's Patio around 7:00 pm on Sunday wondering where the hell you were.
>Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
<a href="http://bighugelabs.com/map.php" style="font-size: 75%">Make yours @ BigHugeLab

T-BIRD

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 09:11:11 PM »

Joe I got a blurple Neo 05 about 200 miles on it with a bunch of skulls I sell it to yea for about $500 bucks only problem it might have a little Panda Poop on the seat
>Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
<a href="http://bighugelabs.com/map.php" style="font-size: 75%">Make yours @ BigHugeLab

terrible TC

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 09:34:20 PM »

Sweet!  Don't the Blacksheep have a problem with Metric Cruisers or are they more open minded than some of the others.  Getcha X!   O0

i met 3 of the Black Sheep a couple of weeks ago, One was on a Yamaha, another on a suzuki, and one on a honda. Guess they are pretty cool on that stuff  O0

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 10:22:42 PM »

Joe- You and Lyn need to come back to the family O0 O0
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

txvtxrider

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 05:58:26 AM »

Hey jwoolf, were you out in Terrell area on Saturday...I saw a bike very similar to that one you have at a gas station in Terrell out by the outlet mall.  Just wondering...its a sweet looking bike!

jwoolf

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 06:50:19 AM »

I was out in Terrell for a while at the clubhouse ( at the 34 exit ) for a while on Sunday afternoon.

I may not see you guys too much till I patch out because of all the club responsibilities I'll have.  I'll get some riding in with you guys as I can though.  It's been a lot of events.

Does anybody do bike night over in Wylie on Tuesday anymore?!?!  I know there used to be a lot of VTXs over there. ( that's one thing that we do if it isn't raining )

I don't have a lot of cash laying around to do this right now but, I've located a 2003 1800R with 8k miles on it with a salvage title.  It was probably stolen, paid off by insurance and located,  so now it has a salvage title.  It's got a tank dent ( I have a good connections for cheap paint/body work via the club.  I'm told I ought to be able to get the whole bike done with a flame job for 400.00), scratched stock pipes ( which will get chainged ) and needs a brake lever.  The bike is in AL. 

They're asking 4500.00 with no reserve but, there's only a couple of days to bid and, noone has.  If noone bids, I'll offer less.

If I can get it for not too much more than that, I'm going to go get it.  I'll have to buy bags but, it already has a windshield and sissy bar. 

I'm going to need a dependable bike that I can ride the wheels off of and, the Blacksheep don't care about if it's metric or not.  It ain't a 1% club but, I wouldn't want to be on their bad side either.  LOL  I've heard a few stories.  ( they're more like a drinking club with a motorcycle problem )

Wish me luck on getting this bike.  If it isn't this one, I'll have to wait a little longer but, I'll be back in the fray before too long.

I love the chopper but, I need something I can take out of town regularly and not feel guilty about running up the miles on it.

txvtxrider

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 07:02:39 AM »

I saw ya then at the gas station...ya'll were gettin ready to head out when I was comin in for gas...think there was 4 others with ya in the group.  Isn't ya'lls place out there on 175 outside of Kemp?  Been trying to figure out what ties to my town the blacksheep have(Scurry).

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 07:14:46 AM »

Hey jwoolf, were you out in Terrell area on Saturday...I saw a bike very similar to that one you have at a gas station in Terrell out by the outlet mall.  Just wondering...its a sweet looking bike!

Doubt that was Joe....  That was a little too far a drive, wasn't it?   ;D

jwoolf

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 07:41:38 AM »

I saw ya then at the gas station...ya'll were gettin ready to head out when I was comin in for gas...think there was 4 others with ya in the group.  Isn't ya'lls place out there on 175 outside of Kemp?  Been trying to figure out what ties to my town the blacksheep have(Scurry).

There's a Blacksheep Chapter and clubhouse in Scurry.  There's also one in Seagoville.  I'm with the one in Terrell but, all the Blacksheep get together almost weekly and everyone is pretty tight. 

txvtxrider, That was probably me.  If it was on exit 34 right by I20, it was most likely me.  That old building right next to that gas station that used to be a dairy queen is the Terrell Blacksheep clubhouse.  ( it's a brown building now )

jwoolf

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 07:48:05 AM »

The Terrell clubhouse isn't a POS like you might think.

I don't think it'd be a problem for me to post a couple of snaps of it since it isn't a territorial club.

jwoolf

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 08:22:14 AM »

Anyway,  I have enough cash laying around to do the VTX if I can get it at the right price.  I'm not taking out a note on it.

Either way, I'm sure I'll be back into the fold before too long.  Choppers are fun but, you don't want to run them as often or as far as I'm going to need to.  Bags, windshield and a sissy bar for Lynn are in order for this one.

Wish me luck!
Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal