Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Does Austin group still exist?????  (Read 4301 times)

InkedPetals

• Trailer Queen
Does Austin group still exist?????
« on: December 28, 2013, 04:52:04 PM »

Okay y'all I just stumbled upon this site via Meetup.com and it looks like no one in Austin has posted in MONTHS!!  Does this mean we no longer have any X riders?

I've got a 1300R that I've owned for 4 1/2 years and I LOVE LOVE LOVE her.....especially having resolved my starting problems.

Please tell me that there are more X lovers out there.   

M

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
Re: Does Austin group still exist?????
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 05:34:08 PM »

There definitely are riders in that area...in fact I think they had a ride today
http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=17328.msg178251;boardseen#new

In May riders from all around TX will be coming to that general area for our BBT event
http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=17283.0

Even if you don't see a ride listed feel free to generate your own and post it...if you build it they will come.

Welcome to the forum InkedPetals
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

icculus

• Trailer Queen
  • "Someone's taking pictures of your bike again"
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 02:30:04 AM »

There's a group, I ride with 2 others regularly. It seems that phone numbers work better than this though just due to how old the bike is many have moved on.

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 08:45:52 AM »

There is also a Facebook page that Mark S. started....if you are more inclined in that sense.
Stay safe out there!  If I lived in Austin again...I would definitely be out on the road..
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 06:13:02 AM »

Okay y'all I just stumbled upon this site via Meetup.com and it looks like no one in Austin has posted in MONTHS!!  Does this mean we no longer have any X riders?

I've got a 1300R that I've owned for 4 1/2 years and I LOVE LOVE LOVE her.....especially having resolved my starting problems.

M

The Austin group died 3-5 years ago. If you haven't already, join AMRG, the biggest Meetup group for riders in Austin, and go on their rides. There is one this Sunday, leaving from the Office Depot at 183 and 1431. You'll have a better chance of seeing another X at one of those rides than you ever will of restarting the Austin group.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 08:43:21 AM »

Okay y'all I just stumbled upon this site via Meetup.com and it looks like no one in Austin has posted in MONTHS!!  Does this mean we no longer have any X riders?

M

The Austin group died 3-5 years ago. If you haven't already, join AMRG, the biggest Meetup group for riders in Austin, and go on their rides. There is one this Sunday, leaving from the Office Depot at 183 and 1431. You'll have a better chance of seeing another X at one of those rides than you ever will of restarting the Austin group.

Thanks for supporting the board "Not"
 :angryno:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 10:38:25 AM »

Supporting what board? The guy is asking if there is an Austin group of the Texas VTX group. And the answer, from a guy that actually lives in Austin is a resounding NO! Anyone that thinks there is must also think the Emperor's new clothes look great! I was on Bob Wade's ride that is referenced in this thread, and guess what? Bob was the only one on a VTX, I was the only one that used to ride with the Austin VTX group, and the number of folks that joined us from the Austin Meetup group I mentioned equalled the folks Bob threw together, on his Facebook VTX page!

Bottom line is that if you want a group in Austin, hit up AMRG or TWT, the Texas VTX group died long ago.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 10:57:45 AM »

Supporting what board? The guy is asking if there is an Austin group of the Texas VTX group. And the answer, from a guy that actually lives in Austin is a resounding NO! Anyone that thinks there is must also think the Emperor's new clothes look great! I was on Bob Wade's ride that is referenced in this thread, and guess what? Bob was the only one on a VTX, I was the only one that used to ride with the Austin VTX group, and the number of folks that joined us from the Austin Meetup group I mentioned equalled the folks Bob threw together, on his Facebook VTX page!

Bottom line is that if you want a group in Austin, hit up AMRG or TWT, the Texas VTX group died long ago.

Have you seen the Emperor's new clothes lately ???
We welcome any and all bikes, heck no more VTX's are being made, we are trying to keep the board open as best we can.
See you at the BBT  ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 11:29:57 AM »

Sorry, I thought he was looking for a group to actually ride with, not just a website. My mistake.

I actually saw more of the old Austin group on Sunday, (Bobby, Jeremy/Jennifer), than I had seen in a long time.

BBT? Don't tell me they are finally selling day passes! :)
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 11:41:11 AM »

Sorry, I thought he was looking for a group to actually ride with, not just a website. My mistake.

I actually saw more of the old Austin group on Sunday, (Bobby, Jeremy/Jennifer), than I had seen in a long time.

BBT? Don't tell me they are finally selling day passes! :)

Yes finally  :ohwow: been missing the boat on day passes.  :c :c
Better to see folks show up for a day then not at all  :thumbup:

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 05:18:38 PM »

hahaha, I wondered how jmdaniel would respond to the day passes!

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 05:47:05 PM »

instead of saying Austin is dead, nobody rides (which would include you) , why don't you say , yes I am here and I ride. Austin might not be dead if you would try to build it instead steering them to other groups. 
It's all just part of the adventure!

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 10:45:19 PM »

instead of saying Austin is dead, nobody rides (which would include you) , why don't you say , yes I am here and I ride. Austin might not be dead if you would try to build it instead steering them to other groups. 

Because Austin is dead, and nobody rides. Except for the various groups that have nothing to do with VTXs, but rather folks that like to ride whatever motorcycle they have.

Why does anyone that doesn't live in Austin give two shi*s about the fact that the Austin VTX group withered up and died years ago?
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 05:02:58 PM »

Why does anyone that doesn't live in Austin give two shi*s about the fact that the Austin VTX group withered up and died years ago?

I am assuming that InkedPetals started this thread because there was a question as to whether other riders were in his/her area.

The information that has been offered on here by jmdaniels and bobcat biker hopefully will help InkedPetals connect up with others in the area that he/she can ride with.

As I posted earlier InkedPetals, you or anyone else can generate your own ride and invite others to it.  Even tho Austin rides do not tend to get posted on this forum that doesn't mean none of the riders in that area hang around here.  Jmdaniels reads this forum, apparently, and other do too.  Post a ride, they will see it and hopefully you all can have a safe and fun time.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 07:49:36 AM »

Wish I had a $1 for every time someone put an "s" on my name...
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal