Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Austin Riders!!!  (Read 1696 times)

AustinVTX1300

• Trailer Queen
Austin Riders!!!
« on: June 05, 2013, 07:28:47 PM »

Pleased to meet you all!! I was over on VTX Café for the longest time and finally decided to join here as well.
Seems a lot of the places I go in Austin are mostly Sport bike meet ups. And Im sorry, nothing against sport bikes but most guys riding sports are egotistical douchbags! I like to cruise. Wind in my hair. Freedom in my ears. If I wanted to act like a UFC fighter Id wear tapout shirts and talk about how many chicks I can lay down in one night. But I don't. I enjoy the outdoors, traveling, mountains, rivers, lakes and anything with a motor.

Where do all the cruisers hang out? Ive heard Doc's is a good place. Also I'm pretty much a solo rider. None of my friends have bikes and the ones that want one want sport bikes.
Everyone wants to go fast.
Anyways, would love to grab a brew and talk anything Honda or Chevy if anyone's up for it.

2007 VTX 1300c
 4,450 Miles and counting

27 Years Young
 Austin, TX Raised

I am the
 Slightly Stupid
 Self      Sufficient
 South   Side
 Super   Shark

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Austin Riders!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 07:37:01 PM »

Welcome to the board :c
Look for some ride and camp outings in the fall, also keep a eye out for tech sessions.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 06:53:33 AM »

Well, there are more variations out there than just cruisers and crotchrockets. Some of us like to ride long distance, but wouldn't do it on either of those type of bikes. The CenTex group has been dead for quite awhile, with most of the folks from 5-6 years ago, (when it was pretty strong), having moved on to other interests/bikes. What I would suggest is to join the Austin Motorcycle Rider's Group, (AMRG). It's a Meetup group, with a pretty large group of riders, and a lot of scheduled rides. It's mostly cruisers, but there are some other varieties included, and as the average age of the riders is a bit older, topics of conversation don't include how many women we can bed down on any particular night.

http://www.meetup.com/austin-riders/

I don't have a Chevy, but my '77 Toyota LandCruiser has a 350 in it, if that counts!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 10:12:12 AM »

Welcome to the board!!  I am from San Antonio but will be in Austin in 7 days  ;D. I am hoping a group of us will get together at silverstreaks hotdog stand on Thursday 06/13/13 at 1400. 

Other than that there is always BBT rally in the Spring and the Turkey Roost.  Welcome again and see you soon.

Drew
Ride it like you Borrowed it :)

AustinVTX1300

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 11:06:44 AM »

Jmdaniel I like anything with a 350 in it. I actually work out of state but will be in town in seven days for ROT. I will try and make it to the dog stand!!  :lunch:
2007 VTX 1300c
 4,450 Miles and counting

27 Years Young
 Austin, TX Raised

I am the
 Slightly Stupid
 Self      Sufficient
 South   Side
 Super   Shark

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal