Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Anyone still out there?  (Read 6227 times)

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
Re: Anyone still out there?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 08:51:16 AM »

yep
Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

Quick-Silver

• Old Timer
  • Canyon Lake, Tx
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 10:03:40 AM »

Yep, I'm still here.  But I'm seriously thinking about selling both the GW and the KLR. :(
Jerry Maler
07 Honda GL1800 Goldwing - Silver

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 11:26:43 AM »

Tell me about the GW!   :bikerider:
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 06:58:39 PM »

Yep, I'm still here.  But I'm seriously thinking about selling both the GW and the KLR. :(

Hang in there till it warms up, you'll change you mind! :bikerider:
It's all just part of the adventure!

BIG A

• Master Tejano Rider
  • belton texas 06Goldwing 06KTM 450 08 KTM 690E
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2010, 08:58:43 PM »

Bobby if you wanted a really nice goldwing this would be the one, Jerry took real good care of her and it was a great looking bike, but just remember once you ride one you won't go back, and of course your officialy OLD!! :stickpoke: :couch:
YOU DON'T QUIT RIDING WHEN YOU GET OLD---YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU QUIT RIDING

SilverStreak

• Tejano
  • Round Rock
    • Hot Rod Coffee Trailer
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2010, 08:56:27 AM »

16 defreakengrees this morning here in RR. Yikes. Too cold to even work on the bike in the garage. My blood is still thin I guess.

Saw a nice N model yesterday in Georgetown outside a Starbucks. It was the good color.....ya know silver. :thumbup:

I'm still going through my bike. After pulling off one of the front calipers I decided the cold is telling me it's a good time to rebuild my encrusted, corroded pistons. Not being able to remove the hanger pin is also telling me it's time. ::)

But I tip my hat to the N rider, it was cold  :ohwow: out yesterday. Anyone here???
Ken
"Are you guys ready? Let's Roll!!"
Todd Beamer
United Airlines  Flt. 93

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2010, 08:21:45 PM »

I am here and intend to ride to the meet and great on the 23rd in Brennam.. :redcard: :redcard: :bikerider: :c  RIDE SAFE RIDE LONG :thumbup: :lunch:
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2010, 10:16:09 PM »

OK Arnold...I will take the old, but I am still going to act way too young for my age.
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2010, 11:16:54 PM »

OK Arnold...I will take the old, but I am still going to act way too young for my age.

:thumbup: :thumbup:+1
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Maw Maw

• Old Timer
  • Liberty Hill, TX
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2010, 10:41:31 PM »

Hey guys. Bubba and I moved to Liberty Hill on August 28th.  Haven't had much time to ride, but, hope that changes soon.  Between the move, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Bubba being in the hospital for a week I have been chasing my tail.  When it warms up, maybe I can cook another pot of gumbo and we can have a meet and greet here.  We have almost 2 acres outside of Libery Hill off Hwy 1869.  Do you guys in the Georgetown/Round Rock area know of a good independent shop for working on the bikes?
Pat
2004 VTX 1300

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 05:47:33 AM »

Hey Maw Maw!! Good to hear you all are doing good!! I am sure Jeff can send you to a good motorcycle repair place! He will be posting shortly! Take care! :c
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 06:33:30 PM by VTXChad »
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2010, 07:49:40 AM »

Hey Maw Maw!! Good to hear you all are doing good!! I am sure Jeff can send you to a good motorcycle repair place! he will be posting shortly! Take care! :c

Let's hear it for my press agent, Chad!!!  :good:

Maw Maw, don't know what you mean by "independent", but I always go to Central Texas Powersports for anything to do with my Feejer. When I had my VTX, Georgetown Honda it was. I had no issues with either place.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2010, 06:34:07 PM »

Hey Maw Maw!! Good to hear you all are doing good!! I am sure Jeff can send you to a good motorcycle repair place! he will be posting shortly! Take care! :c

Maw Maw, don't know what you mean by "independent", but I always go to Central Texas Powersports for anything to do with my Feejer. When I had my VTX, Georgetown Honda it was. I had no issues with either place.
Anything help out !!  :thumbup:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Maw Maw

• Old Timer
  • Liberty Hill, TX
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2010, 08:11:13 PM »

Good to know about Georgetown Honda.  I went there before Thanksgiving for new tires.  Just wanted to know how trustworthy they were for mechanical problems. 
Pat
2004 VTX 1300

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2010, 08:19:04 PM »

another thumbs up for georgetown honda as well. good people and jordan in parts is great to deal with.
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal