Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: State wide M&G Thompson's BBQ Crockett Texas Oct 22 2011  (Read 20045 times)

DavidJ

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: State wide M&G Thompson's BBQ Crockett Texas Oct 22 2011
« Reply #120 on: October 23, 2011, 09:26:01 AM »

Chad, thanks again for putting this together.  It was a great day and it was good to see lots of folks out.

Jason, had no problems with the route and I am sorry that you did not make it.  Had a nice ride back with Lucky and friends, even though I cut out a little early to head straight home.

Glad to see that everyone make it home safe.
'02 1800C

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #121 on: October 23, 2011, 10:27:56 AM »

Had a good time and was really good to see the turn out! Saw a lot of old faces and many new ones too, glad they made the trip. Those that met up in Hillsboro. thanks and I hope you enjoyed the choice of back roads there. It's kinda hard to pick a totally bad route when your dealing with E, Texas. We need more of these in the future. Good job Chad!   :c :c
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2011, 11:02:12 AM »

Stole some pics of the M&G hope they don't mind!! Forgot my camera!  ;D

Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

bluestreak

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2011, 03:00:47 PM »

Mike, tahnks for the info...I did try to reverse bleed from the caliper, but nothing entered the MC.  I'll try again later...just been relaxing today.

While the reverse bleed/fill method produces good results, it does require a pump that must produce a pressure high enough to push the fluid up to the reservoiur.  Using something like a medical syringe will not generate enough pressure.  In addition to frictional losses and elevation, there is the added resistance of the fluid having to pass through the small bleed/return hole in the reservior base as it enters.  Make sure it is open and clear.  I have found them to be plugged with corrosion deris.  That can easily happen because they are so small.  Generally they are only about a .030" wide hole.
The fact that you can't easily push fluid into the MC is an indication the MC piston seal is fine because it's not allowing any fluid to return passed it.  The only way fluid can enter the MC from below (in a correctly working system) is through the bleed hole return circuit.
AMA Life Member #xxx445
Cureent Rides:
73 Yamaha RD 350
85 Yamaha RZ 350
79 Yamaha Daytona 400
82 Honda V45 Sabre 750
08 Honda Goldwing Airbag
03 ApriliaTuono Racing 998
82 Yamaha YZ 250
02 Honda VTX 1800C
06 Yamaha YZF-R1
06 Yamaha YZF-R1 LE
02 Suzuki GSXR 750 Track Bike

matap

• Board
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2011, 05:56:57 PM »

The ride there and back was nice and really enjoyed the place and for the most part was pretty exclusive to us.  Glad to meet some new people and have them join our board now and see some friends.  On the way back Ruthy & I stopped in Austinio and bought some stuff, needless to say the people that owned the place were very nice and prices more than fair.  I will always put my hard earned money in the small shops.  Afterwards, we stopped in Madisonville and hung out at there annual Mushroom festival.  was pretty nice with live music and good food.  afterwards, I took a wrong turn and went down 1774 and met up with all the traffic of the Ren Fest  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: .  anyway, didn't get home until about 7pm.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

kajunkruzer

• Tejano
  • Breaux Bridge, la
« Reply #125 on: October 23, 2011, 07:52:11 PM »

Enjoyed exploring some new territory in East Texas. It was nice to be able to put some faces to some names. Weather was perfect for riding this weekend.
Hers:'03 VTX 1800 Trike
Mine:'09 Streetglide

tinkerbell

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #126 on: October 23, 2011, 08:00:35 PM »

The weather was great and so was the ride  :bikerider: Really  :cool2: to see everyone!

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2011, 07:06:20 AM »

Great ride and good people. Didn't make it around to a couple of areas to meet some of you, hate I missed the opportunity. Those I did see and get to talk to, I'm glad I didn't miss out. It has been great being associated with this group, I'm glad I found it all those years ago. Lots of people have come and gone, some unfortunately forever.
Lots of new riders sporting new rides (not VTX's), as it should be. From BBT 1 in Luckenbach to now, the group has evolved for the better, in my estimation. Some people have left that I really would have liked to see stay, but life happens. We've lost a few to death happening also. We have had more "active" people in years past from what I hear of the turnout at the last BBT, but hey, I wasn't there either. I think a testament of what a good group of people we have lies in the evidence of Xriders switching to other makes and models, and they are still here, in a "X" group. They are still here for the companionship and friendship, and true, some maybe just to pimp their new rides a bit.
1800's (X) are not being made anymore, so the 1300's are now the new flagships for the group. I haven't ridden a 1300 EFI X yet, but I have tested out the Fury, same motor, and while I found the power a little lacking getting off my 1800, (might help if it didn't have to carry so much weight... :( ) I figure another X will be in my future. I only have around 80K on this one, so it will last a good bit longer.
Oops back to the real purpose of this post:

Good to see you all again!
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

hooter

« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2011, 09:57:44 AM »

Great ride and good people. Didn't make it around to a couple of areas to meet some of you, hate I missed the opportunity. Those I did see and get to talk to, I'm glad I didn't miss out. It has been great being associated with this group, I'm glad I found it all those years ago. Lots of people have come and gone, some unfortunately forever.
Lots of new riders sporting new rides (not VTX's), as it should be. From BBT 1 in Luckenbach to now, the group has evolved for the better, in my estimation. Some people have left that I really would have liked to see stay, but life happens. We've lost a few to death happening also. We have had more "active" people in years past from what I hear of the turnout at the last BBT, but hey, I wasn't there either. I think a testament of what a good group of people we have lies in the evidence of Xriders switching to other makes and models, and they are still here, in a "X" group. They are still here for the companionship and friendship, and true, some maybe just to pimp their new rides a bit.
1800's (X) are not being made anymore, so the 1300's are now the new flagships for the group. I haven't ridden a 1300 EFI X yet, but I have tested out the Fury, same motor, and while I found the power a little lacking getting off my 1800, (might help if it didn't have to carry so much weight... :( ) I figure another X will be in my future. I only have around 80K on this one, so it will last a good bit longer.
Oops back to the real purpose of this post:

Good to see you all again!

:agree: :c :c

iamrjtmac

• Tejano
« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2011, 10:06:57 AM »

Had a few pics of the meet ... Had a good time ... Was surprised at the turnout ...  Longest trip I ever made for lunch ...

I sure would like it if some way there could be some cheap stick on "MarksALot" name tags used.  Name - Screen Name and Home Town would help us guys from "out of the fold" identify people a little easier.

What was the final count of people and bikes ?  Anyone take the time to find out.  I know in talking to Mr. Thompson he was a little surprised and overwhelmed at the number.

Thanks for putting this together.  Sure wish we could get another organized a little closer to the middle of the state.  Say Lubbock ... LOL

Pics below are of the present left to me Saturday morning when I got up at the motel and went out to the bike.  Lady was nice though, left her name and phone number.

Tail light on the other side was broken too it just didn't come all the way off.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
 2006 VTX 1800C3 - 2007 VT750 Shadow Spirit - 2007 Rebel 250

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2011, 10:23:08 AM »

Hard to tell from pic, but was the rear fender damaged?  It looks like she just busted your taillights and license plate...how in the hell did she do that?  Altho, if the fender was undamaged then that is great cause the taillights are not that expensive to replace...paint jobs cost alot!!!!  So glad to hear that she was honest enough to leave her info.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

hooter

« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2011, 10:32:02 AM »

Sorry about you bike but at least somebody fested up and will hopefully make amends! You made a long run from Olton to Crockett and we appreicate your support. We need more people like you to just commit to "I'm going" and make the ride. After all, that's what it's all about anyway and meeting up with folk of common interest. I agree about the Marks-o-lot and name tag agenda because even though I've been around awhile, there's lots of new and even old faces that I can't put names too. Thanks for posting the pic's and hope I can meet up with you next time and shake your hand. Till then  :c :c :c

iamrjtmac

• Tejano
« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2011, 10:33:48 AM »

Fender wasn't damaged.  I don't know how she hit it.  It was parked in an extra wide - extra deep - parking spot.  The rear end of the bike was a good 8-10 feet from the end of the parking stripes.  The parking lot was at least 2 cars across from the rear of one car across to the back of another on opposite side of the lot.  The only way she could have hit it was with the cars parked on both side gone so there is no excuse for her not seeing it...

Beyond me ---- ????????
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 10:39:10 AM by iamrjtmac »
 2006 VTX 1800C3 - 2007 VT750 Shadow Spirit - 2007 Rebel 250

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2011, 12:19:50 PM »

iamrjtmac, Let me be one of the ones to thank you for making the ride...I'm usually the one that rides the furthest, but in this case your 500 + takes the one way cake! You'll be glad to know there is an event we have frequented close to you in Snyder that has gotten a good draw, the White buffalo. It was the week of the 7,8,9th of Oct this year. I think attendence has waned in past years, but I will try to make it next year, so keep it in mind along with the spring thing and bluebonnet thunder for a get together/camp out. Hated to hear about the tail light, lol. Hope it's the worst you have happen to ya'. Ride safe.

SSSsSSssssnake
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2011, 12:35:02 PM »

had a great time!

oh, and Warren, your electronic gremlins jumped over to my bike.

it seems that the front headlight ring broke it's headlamp retaining sockets, allowing the headlamp to bounce on the wires in the bucket.  It cut one of them in half, and stripped 2 others.  Making my entire headlight stop functioning.

But I owe Hick a beer, his expert help and hands on, had my light back up and working!   :thumbup:

« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 01:38:32 PM by Isorg »

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal