VTX Related Rides > South/Southeast Texas

Anyone down for a Sunday ride to K-Bobs?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Gumbo:
Packing and inspecting the bike, leaving in the morning camping in Arkansas! !
Going to use my Nation Parks card.  :bikerider:

xcaliber:
 :thumbup:
--- Quote from: Gumbo on June 10, 2018, 03:15:35 PM ---Packing and inspecting the bike, leaving in the morning camping in Arkansas! !
Going to use my Nation Parks card.  :bikerider:

--- End quote ---
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Gumbo:
First day and night couldn't have been better, woke up to a ripping storm, still all is well.  :thumbup:
Sun comes up and it's hotter than a pepper sprout, headed to Hot Springs KOA to hang out with RV folks, ate their food and drank their beer, had electricity so the fan kept me comfortable for the night, still hotter than anything next morning. Headed north to the high country, and discovered Arkansas has paved all their roads pitch black, which generates heat like crazy, felt like my tires were melting on every curve. Reached  Hobbs State Park, gorgeous area, will go back when it is cooler.
Packed up the next morning, not camping anymore this summer for sure, unless it's far north.   

Rocket67:

--- Quote from: Gumbo on June 15, 2018, 01:52:46 PM ---Packed up the next morning, not camping anymore this summer for sure, unless it's far north.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, exactly.  I decided not to camp anymore period.  Hotels aren't that expensive. 

Gumbo:

--- Quote from: Rocket67 on June 20, 2018, 06:19:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: Gumbo on June 15, 2018, 01:52:46 PM ---Packed up the next morning, not camping anymore this summer for sure, unless it's far north.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, exactly.  I decided not to camp anymore period.  Hotels aren't that expensive.

--- End quote ---

All about the adventure, I stay in hotels when I'm feeling a little like a sissy  :t :c

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version