Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Booked for 2019!  (Read 851 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Booked for 2019!
« on: January 28, 2019, 03:01:13 PM »

I found a nice little house right off 25th near the Seawall, Booyah!   I know it's a way out still but I am looking forward to the Rally in Galveston.  It will be here before you know it. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
Re: Booked for 2019!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 07:02:52 PM »

Congrats :thumbup:
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 07:14:43 AM »

Hey!  They didn't accept my reservation!!!  WTF?  This wasn't booked but I got an email this morning that said my reservation was not accepted.  I guess the owner has plans that weekend and it's just not on the website.  I hate that I went through the trouble to fill out all that info just to be rejected.  Oh well, there are others...I will get one. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 09:07:18 AM »

That stinks.  No, what happened is they realized that its Lone Star Rally weekend and they are going to re-release the booking for a higher rate.  Bastards. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 07:54:04 AM »

That stinks.  No, what happened is they realized that its Lone Star Rally weekend and they are going to re-release the booking for a higher rate.  Bastards.

Good guess but NOPE!  Turns out that the home owner has 3 houses in Galveston and the organizers of the LSR rent them every year.  So, it just wasn't available but they didn't block out the dates on the website.  I did get confirmation on a lovely 2 bedroom on 16th about 0.6 miles from the Main Stage on the Seawall.  Nice quiet area with parking behind the house.  It only is going to cost $351 per couple (2 couples) for the entire rally.  There are more available if anyone is interested.

www.vrbo.com is the website I used. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal