Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: '03 VTX 1800R Brake Pads  (Read 5200 times)

Bomber

• Old Timer
  • 03' 1800R slightly modded......
Re: '03 VTX 1800R Brake Pads
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2008, 12:14:18 AM »

Hipshot,
       I found the EBC REAR BRAKE PADS FA261/2HH on eBay for $26.99 delivered.........don't think I could beat that anywhere except, maybe, your source.   One of the EBC websites I looked at cautioned against putting the 2HH on the rear only so as not to cause "brake imbalance???"  WTF???   The front has dual discs, the rear a single...how would this cause an imbalance??  You always get more braking effect front the front!!   I think they must have meant not to use the 2HH on one side of dual discs......that would make more sense.
       Whatever, I'll be putting the EBC's on the rear only for now........the front will change out when they are wore out. 

Could it be that they're referencing the fact that we've got linked braking tween the rear and front brakes?  Just a thought......

heirloom

• Old Timer
  • Tyler, Texas
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 09:33:57 AM »

Hipshot,
       I found the EBC REAR BRAKE PADS FA261/2HH on eBay for $26.99 delivered.........don't think I could beat that anywhere except, maybe, your source.   One of the EBC websites I looked at cautioned against putting the 2HH on the rear only so as not to cause "brake imbalance???"  WTF???   The front has dual discs, the rear a single...how would this cause an imbalance??  You always get more braking effect front the front!!   I think they must have meant not to use the 2HH on one side of dual discs......that would make more sense.
       Whatever, I'll be putting the EBC's on the rear only for now........the front will change out when they are wore out. 

Could it be that they're referencing the fact that we've got linked braking tween the rear and front brakes?  Just a thought......

I am sure that is a possibility, but, it still doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  The end result is that WE have ultimate control over the braking.  One thing for sure, I will be replacing the front pads with the EBC 2HH, because I KNOW they work just fine!  O0
BTW, nice looking X, Bomber!
Heirloom, MSF Rider Coach
Love my bikes!!!

Bomber

• Old Timer
  • 03' 1800R slightly modded......
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 11:20:41 AM »

Thx hheirloom.  Needin pads myself.  I'll follow your lead O0

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2008, 11:55:38 AM »

Roland, where do you find those avatars you use?
02 1800C

heirloom

• Old Timer
  • Tyler, Texas
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2008, 04:24:18 PM »

I tried to PM you, hipshot and you don't receive email......what the heck?....are you undercover??  ;D

I don't know where I got them, mostly just 'happen' on them.  I was kinda wondering about yours.......I've never seen it anywhere else.
If you do a Google for 'avatar' or 'gif' or a myriad of other terms, you can find a bazillion of them.  I put a new one up because the one I had of the buildings just quit working.....???  I had the 'banana and cantaloupe' up for a little while, but, it is wrong, just plain wrong, funny, but, wrong.  So I put the 'drawing hand' up until I find something more appropriate.
Love my bikes!!!

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2008, 09:04:26 PM »

-I don't do email except at work, because I have to there. They gave me one of those hi-tech phones with email, and they got their panties all wadded up because I won't activate the email. I also refuse to acknowledge text messages.

I still get PMs, don't know why that didn't work. You can always call me at 281/389-2921; if I'm awake I always answer. :D

Marigold put that avatar on my profile; I have no idea how to do that. Years ago, when I had an older computer, I tried to post photos on VTXOA (before TXR). My computer wouldn't let me. Marigold told me I was doing something wrong, and spent three days trying to post photos on my computer. She finally told me something was wrong with my computer. I haven't tried since.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 09:10:14 PM by hipshot »
02 1800C

heirloom

• Old Timer
  • Tyler, Texas
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2008, 10:13:06 PM »

I hear that!!!   If software was as easy to load as a 9mm, we'd both be experts!!!  O0
Love my bikes!!!

Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal