Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ...its the simplest things...  (Read 2484 times)

bgreer

...its the simplest things...
« on: August 10, 2008, 08:26:57 AM »

...that can trip you up...I'm installing my rear wheel, now in order to get a 250mm in my swing arm you have to remove the final drive, I have to have the rear wheel on so I can set down the bike and install the forks with fat tubes and 21" wheel. So, heres the simple thing thats tripping me up, I can not for the life of me get the driveshaft to fully install into the universal joint. It go's in about half way and stops, there may be trash in the joint, so thats my next move, is to clean out the splines and try again...if any one is in the Beaumont area and wants to witness my frustration or offer advice, Patti's cooking Gumbo, and I will provide liquid refreshment O0

Dusty

Re: ...its the simplest things...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 09:03:37 AM »

Wild Willy and his roving bottle of Crown are on the way to point, laugh, stare stupidly and torment in any way possible.  ;D :D ;D :D ;)

I'll bring the 3lb. maul as well.  O0

bgreer

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 09:39:35 AM »

Wild Willy and his roving bottle of Crown are on the way to point, laugh, stare stupidly and torment in any way possible.  ;D :D ;D :D ;)

I'll bring the 3lb. maul as well.  O0

cool...gona call ya

gsboriqua

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 11:16:23 AM »

greer, I pulled the u joint out and placed on the drive shaft.  Then I pulled the boot back on the swing arm and jacked around with the U joint to mate up with the trans.  Make sense?  Maybe I can take pictures.  Basically, its damn near impossible to throw that shaft in with the joint moving all around (at least for me it was) with it still mated up to the trans....

If I lived close by I would go help ya out!

Phattened up by www.stumpwerx.com
Custom work by www.cat5customs.com

bgreer

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 12:57:24 PM »

greer, I pulled the u joint out and placed on the drive shaft.  Then I pulled the boot back on the swing arm and jacked around with the U joint to mate up with the trans.  Make sense?  Maybe I can take pictures.  Basically, its damn near impossible to throw that shaft in with the joint moving all around (at least for me it was) with it still mated up to the trans....

I appreciate that bro...Dusty came over and must have been holdin his mouth right shaft went right in...rear wheel on now...got some cuttin to do now, so I can figure out which fender fits best

Dusty

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 12:18:15 PM »

I appreciate that bro...Dusty came over and must have been holdin his mouth right, shaft went right in...rear wheel on now...got some cuttin to do now, so I can figure out which fender fits best

My attorney wants to know what your insurance plans to do about this purple finger I have today?  ???  ;D ;D

Definition of Tap... "To strike lightly"     bgreer's definition of tap....KNOCK HELL OUT OF IT!!!!!!

That's right, he drove my finger into the hole of the swingarm with the axle, which I quickly jerk out and immediately, without thinking, stuck the greasy acheing thing in my mouth. I have no idea why.  Didn't taste anything like chicken.

;D

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 12:22:15 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Dusty

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 06:23:21 PM »

SOOOOOO, WHICH ONE DID YOU KEEP??????

bgreer

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 06:53:43 PM »

Both....I'm gona install the front end, and then make up my mind....or maybe keep both....I don't know....QUIT RUSHING ME

Dusty

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 04:06:13 AM »

Both....I'm gona install the front end, and then make up my mind....or maybe keep both....I don't know....QUIT RUSHING ME

It's real simple, do you want to sleep on the couch or in your bed?  ;D :D ;D

bgreer

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 07:19:04 AM »

prolly in my shop

Dusty

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 05:58:08 PM »

I have a hammock you can use.  O0

tx1300vtx

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 12:48:24 PM »

We need more pics BGreer....This project has been going on for month now...where are you at now? Also, don't feel bad, getting my driveshaft in was a big PIA!!!

bgreer

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 09:39:45 PM »

got some new pics to post of the front end with the headlight and extension....will get 'em up tommorrow

bgreer

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 11:26:08 AM »

Ok, got a new simple thing kicking my but.....puttin my bars back together, got the left side on fine ...had to un-mount them to get the throttle side on....and I'll be danged if I can make the switch housing snap into that little dang hole, that you can't see...I'm thinkin bout putting the screws in sloppy and fishing for that hole that way....if I had 3 more hands it would prolly be easy

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal