Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 1300 Clutch Cable  (Read 1406 times)

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
1300 Clutch Cable
« on: June 11, 2006, 07:20:36 AM »

Is the C clutch cable interchangeable with the Retro?           ???
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
    • Hick Custom Machine Works
Re: 1300 Clutch Cable
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 10:41:15 AM »

Yes. The Retro cable is a bit longer.
Displaced Texan.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 07:03:40 AM »

When you said a little longer ......how much? I was told in the VTX1300 borad 56" It's hard to believe it's 4-6 inches longer. I also need to know where I can buy a set of SS Retro Brake line.......
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 05:09:49 PM »

When you said a little longer ......how much? I was told in the VTX1300 borad 56" It's hard to believe it's 4-6 inches longer. I also need to know where I can buy a set of SS Retro Brake line.......

Marigold, I remember seeing a chart listing the lengths of brake & clutch cables by manuf.  I'll Google it and try to find it again.  I think it was on one of the aftermarket cable manuf. sites.

Place to buy SS:  http://www.h-e-l.co.uk/HEL_Performance_Motorcycle_Brake_Lines_Brake.htm

http://www.barnettclutches.com/products/custom_measuring_guide.aspx

Jerry

Thanks Jerry.......Neither one of the above sites shows the manufacture length........I also read where Barnett Cables are not very stable. Jim is looking around for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal