Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Tech Session  (Read 6291 times)

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
Re: Tech Session
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2016, 11:59:56 AM »

Well the stealer has the Fork Spring Tool, but they want 60 + tax...so I asked the guy at the shipyard if they can make one for mucho mo cheaper..he seems to think he can. 
I will buy some fork oil just in case..also need final drive oil.

If you are referring to the long castle socket for the cartridge forks on the 1800, I should have one in the garage.  I will be working, but if someone passing through the Oak Ridge North / Woodlands area on the way can call me, I can meet you and get it to you.  Larry has my cellular number.
02 1800C

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2016, 02:16:00 PM »

Thanks Jim, I'll make sure it gets back to you.   :thumbup
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

diverg

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2016, 08:38:35 AM »

Anyone know how to enlarge the head unit opening in the fairing. The marine housing I bought is to large to fit in t he opening. Also looking for suggestions to add additional support for the head unit.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2016, 12:20:27 PM »

Thanks to Hipshot we have the fork tool! :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Txsrooster

• Rider
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2016, 02:38:39 PM »

Sweet on the Fork tool...the shipyard was not able to find the right size diameter pipe, so thank goodness. 

Txsrooster

• Rider
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2016, 07:18:17 PM »

Any idea on where I can pick up some fork oil?  I got some75-90 differential oil, which I assume is for the final drive.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2016, 07:39:49 PM »

Any idea on where I can pick up some fork oil?  I got some75-90 differential oil, which I assume is for the final drive.

Not to worry I have several auto part stores within splitting distance. :thumbup:

diverg

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2016, 08:02:34 PM »

Not to worry I have several auto part stores within splitting distance. :thumbup:
Is splitting distance the same distance as spitting distance?  :thumbup:

Txsrooster

• Rider
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2016, 09:20:06 PM »

I hope its walking distance cause I'm riding up there..

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2016, 08:27:22 AM »

Is splitting distance the same distance as spitting distance?  :thumbup:

Same

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2016, 06:05:36 PM »

Good day, good folks!
Hope everyone got all they needed done.

Thanks for the fork tool Jim, made the job go without a hitch! :thumbup:

Txsrooster

• Rider
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2016, 07:34:55 PM »

What a difference a few hours made.  Felt like a whole new bike on the way home...didn't feel like I needed to keep trying to shift up.  Much stiffer ride with the fork springs and rear shock bushings.  But the handlebar risers made it mugh more pleasant.   We may try to ride to Blessing tomorrow so I can get used to the new way she rides.   Thanks for all the help.

diverg

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2016, 07:41:45 PM »

It was a great day. I didn't get as much done on my bike as I wanted, but a great suggestion was made to just put the fairing on and wait for the radio install on another day. Ride the bike with the batwing and make sure I'm going to like it. So riding home tonight, I like it and plan to go on a longer ride tomorrow. I also found out some things about the bike I.E. not much has been done to the bike internally. So when I'm ready I can do the desmogging and other things that seem to be popular on the various VTX board.

Txsrooster

• Rider
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2016, 06:02:52 PM »

Well all that nice new oil I put in the right front fork tube is new doing double duty as a rust inhibitor on the right side of my bike.  :cuss: New fork seals came in today maybe I can change them out tomorrow nightish....gonna do just the one and hope for the best.  I know, I know...should do them both but i aint gonna.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2016, 04:12:51 AM »

Well I have still have that fork oil more than welcome to get it, I am commented to help Friday and Saturday to help with cooking for BBT with SteveS.
I would be glad to help ya out if not for that, if you want help maybe one evening next week  ??? :thumbup:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal