Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rear bushings, stealth fairing and radio install.  (Read 823 times)

diverg

• Old Timer
Rear bushings, stealth fairing and radio install.
« on: February 20, 2016, 09:31:04 AM »

Looking for someone in the Houston area that knows what they are doing as I am not mechanically inclined. I'm willing to help out as much as I can. Can pay in beer and food or I have a little bit of money. Let me know if you can help me out.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 09:39:38 AM by diverg »

SteveS

• Regular Advanced
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2006 VTX 1300R,2005 GL 1800,2013 Goldwing Trike
Re: Rear bushings, stealth fairing and radio install.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 11:34:22 AM »

WE need to get an old fashioned Tec Session set up.

diverg

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 11:38:50 AM »

WE need to get an old fashioned Tec Session set up.
Man everything that I think needs to be done to my bike would take up the whole session on its own. LOL! I'm in, just need enough notice so I can try to make sure I'm off of work.

Just wish I knew if some of the things everyone recommends has or has not been done already.

DEMON

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 08:15:01 AM »

i been wanting to install a fairing and doing the radio as well, is not that complicated but it just takes a little time.  The fairing has been sitting on my shelve for 2-3 years now.  maybe we can plan something and get together and get both done.  do you have all your parts ready to go?

diverg

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 08:43:54 AM »

i been wanting to install a fairing and doing the radio as well, is not that complicated but it just takes a little time.  The fairing has been sitting on my shelve for 2-3 years now.  maybe we can plan something and get together and get both done.  do you have all your parts ready to go?
Yeah, I believe so. When I bought the bike it came with an uninstalled stealth fairing. I assume all the parts are with it. I have the radio, speakers and amp sitting at the house. Don't know if I need any additional wiring or not.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 08:52:59 AM »

i been wanting to install a fairing and doing the radio as well, is not that complicated but it just takes a little time.  The fairing has been sitting on my shelve for 2-3 years now.  maybe we can plan something and get together and get both done.  do you have all your parts ready to go?

Trying to set up a tech session date, you interested in doing the install then ???
Will post up a date that works for everyone.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

diverg

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 10:18:12 AM »

i been wanting to install a fairing and doing the radio as well, is not that complicated but it just takes a little time.  The fairing has been sitting on my shelve for 2-3 years now.  maybe we can plan something and get together and get both done.  do you have all your parts ready to go?

Trying to set up a tech session date, you interested in doing the install then ???
Will post up a date that works for everyone.
Yes, if not sooner!! Just hoping whatever date is chosen that work will not interfere.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal