Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Exhaust....for Harley's  (Read 4623 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Exhaust....for Harley's
« on: January 26, 2016, 07:59:41 AM »

I was thinking about getting a new exhaust and after countless hours, days, months researching the subject have decided to get RCX when the budget allows.  I like the fact that the tone is deep and not too loud (as described by others) but have little or no experience hearing them in actuality.  They are expensive so I want to make sure that I make the right decision for me on this.  Online there is a YouTube video from a performance shop and Dyno test on the exact same bike with several different aftermarket mufflers showed that the RCX also has the best power and torque gains.  Am I missing any really good exhaust?  I am aware of V&H, Rinehart, Rush, Etc....just found these to me my favorites. 

Anyone have RCX on a VTX?  I bet that would sound really good. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Re: Exhaust....for Harley's
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 08:21:20 AM »

You have heard them in actuality because that's the exhaust on my Road Glide.

Been running them for about 3-4 years now.  I got them when they were barely coming out and picked them up for $350.00.  Yeah I know!!!!!

I liked they way they looked first since I had no prior experience hearing them and once I put them on I really liked the way they sounded.  Been on ever since.  

Here is a pic of the Excaliber Tips I went with
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 09:16:20 AM by matap »
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 11:22:29 AM »

You have heard them in actuality because that's the exhaust on my Road Glide.

Been running them for about 3-4 years now.  I got them when they were barely coming out and picked them up for $350.00.  Yeah I know!!!!!

I liked they way they looked first since I had no prior experience hearing them and once I put them on I really liked the way they sounded.  Been on ever since.  

Here is a pic of the Excaliber Tips I went with

Nice.  I want to do the Gatlin Eclips or Gatlin Chrome.  Haven't decided yet but the Eclipse looks really good in person. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 11:27:05 AM »

Yeah.  I dig them.  they also make the tips in XL (a little bit longer) but these to me are just fine.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 08:38:48 AM »

I have a bid on some that have the Gatlin Eclipse ends.  We'll see...the high bid now is $347.40.  New I think these are about $521 shipped all day long.  

-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 09:19:53 AM »

Those are sweet.  I remember when ebay had them all day long for $350.00 shipped and in short order they started jacking up the price to the tune of rineharts, V&H and so on.  Anyways, they are really good pipes and you can get all the matching axle caps, handlebar ends that accompany the AVON grips which are freaking excellent grips. 

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 01:06:19 PM »

Those are sweet.  I remember when ebay had them all day long for $350.00 shipped and in short order they started jacking up the price to the tune of rineharts, V&H and so on.  Anyways, they are really good pipes and you can get all the matching axle caps, handlebar ends that accompany the AVON grips which are freaking excellent grips. 

I already have Avon grips and not about to start matching all that stuff.  If it happens organically sure but I already saw the prices for some of that stuff....for now I am happy with the pipes.  That is, if I get them.  My max bid with shipping is about $46 less than what I could just go buy it for.  I am hoping that people lose interest around the $400 mark and let me get a good discount.  I saw the dyno showing a stock FLXH gain about 7TQ and 5HP with just the RCX (which was better than the Rineheart).  I am curious with a high-flo air filter (same intake housing), RCX pipes and a FP3...where would the numbers be?  VTX guys probably gonna laugh....but I am thinking it could push 90HP....thoughts?
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 04:16:22 PM »

Dude...at the next rally in Galveston look for the Avon tent and they will install those end caps for $25.00.  at least that's what they charged me a couple years back.  You don't have to change out the whole grip.

As for the gains....I can't tell you.  I went from the stock crossover header to V&H true duals so I know that doesn't do squat for performance but I don't care.  It's still plenty fast and strong.  You want performance your best bet is to go with a 2 into 1.  Now your talking gains when properly tuned. 

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 04:41:19 PM »

VTX guys probably gonna laugh....but I am thinking it could push 90HP....thoughts?  Us Oldwingers are laughing too.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 07:38:13 AM »

Us Oldwingers are laughing too.

Sorry, I can't hear you.....
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 09:36:14 AM »

Dude...at the next rally in Galveston look for the Avon tent and they will install those end caps for $25.00.  at least that's what they charged me a couple years back.

Yeah, gonna do that if I end up with these.  2 hours to go and I am still the high (only) bidder.  I hope the price stays where it's at, I would be getting a pretty decent deal.
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 11:53:03 AM »

$372.40 shipped....yay!
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 05:43:02 PM »

$372.40 shipped....yay!

That's awesome.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2016, 09:36:24 AM »

Oh please keep this thread going ::)
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2016, 06:40:48 AM »

:thumbup:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009
Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal