Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I need some help.....  (Read 808 times)

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
I need some help.....
« on: November 18, 2015, 09:33:52 PM »

I need to sell the bikes.  I have a bunch of trash in the tank on my 1800.  I put in a new fuel pump just before Marigold went into the hospital and cleaned some trash out then.  Apparently I didn't get it all.  I had a potential buyer come by last week to look at the 1800 and the filter was stopped up.  I was hoping to get to it last weekend, but couldn't.  Next weekend I won't be able to either.  I need to get it sold, and I just don't have the time to fix it.  I want to pay someone to clean the tank, but I don't trust any of the local dealers.  Is anybody here in the Houston area interested in the job? 
02 1800C

DEMON

Re: I need some help.....
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 07:11:31 PM »

I can pick the bike up from you (get it on my trailer) and get the fuel tank clean up and put back together...  let me know when I can pick it up.

I just saw that the post is from November 2015, if you still need this done, let me know.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 07:13:07 PM by DEMON »

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
Re: I need some help.....
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 04:08:32 PM »

Hey Gabe, I appreciate the offer.  SteveS was going to do it for me and I ended up getting a little bit of unanticipated time off, so I did it myself.  I got the tank cleaned but the phosphoric acid I used to coat it didn't work; it started rusting again.  I have to figure out what to use.  I will get it worked out.  I just don't want to sell it to someone with the tank rusting like that.  I had a buyer for it if I could have gotten it done in time.
02 1800C

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal