Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Something to make you say HMMMMMMM  (Read 4226 times)

Niterider

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Houston, TX
Re: Something to make you say HMMMMMMM
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2015, 04:17:12 PM »

Rode my X all the way back from Los Angeles with a blown fork seal. Didn't notice any difference in the ride. Just left an oily mess on my front wheel.

Mike
White '08 GL1800 with ABS, Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package
Black '03 1800C;  retro bars, RIVCO risers, BBP lightbar, mustang seat, Paladin backrest/luggage rack, etc.
White '06 GL1800 with Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package

hangman

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2015, 04:21:22 PM »

That one year I was late and had to ride down to the BBT a couple of hours behind you guys.  I had the same issue.  I had been down  to Fredericksburg the week before with another group and think I blew it on a cattle guard - noticed the leak during pre ride for the BBT.  The local shop fit me in the next morning. 

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2015, 05:04:25 PM »

That one year I was late and had to ride down to the BBT a couple of hours behind you guys.  I had the same issue.  I had been down  to Fredericksburg the week before with another group and think I blew it on a cattle guard - noticed the leak during pre ride for the BBT.  The local shop fit me in the next morning. 

I did my own.   :stickpoke:
 ;D
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2015, 06:52:56 AM »

I did my own.   :stickpoke:
 ;D

I blew both of mine in Memphis on their fine roadway system and other than the oil leak, didn't notice much difference either. Changed them myself, I think the hardest part (time consuming) was taking the fork tubes off and back on the bike. 
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal