Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I know this isn't a Harley board - LED Headlight Bulb Query  (Read 780 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
I know this isn't a Harley board - LED Headlight Bulb Query
« on: April 10, 2015, 07:14:21 AM »

I just bought 2 "Sirius LED New Direct Plug Error Free LED H11" on Amazon for $75. Reviews are 4.5/5 (not bad) and they are 2000 lumens (6500K). They look just like the Headwinds bolt ins which have instruction on how to install on a Street Glide so they should fit with no issues. The Headwinds LED bulb is $99 for one versus $75 for 2 and free shipping with Prime. We'll see how these work, I intend on using H11 for both sockets as the LED is way brighter than my bright light anyway. I don't think I will have to modify but if so I will just buy a set of H9 and sell the extra pair.

I think the VTX is a sealed headlight (can't go look at mine, sold it) but just wondering if anyone has used this type of bulb or know anything about it.  Lots of folks on the HD Forum ask about it but not many (none that I can find) have actually done it. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Re: I know this isn't a Harley board - LED Headlight Bulb Query
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 12:28:30 PM »

Haven't read a lot about these anywhere.  maybe a couple commets here or there.  I currently run HID with ballast and they are crazy bright, but that is the extent of my light knowledge. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 06:26:31 AM »

Got the bulbs installed yesterday an they are really bright and the light is white, matches my LED running lights.  Also, no errors on the computer.....includes a ballast and a cooling fan on the bulb.  I haven't ridden at night yet but based on the reviews on amazon they shoud do well.  Much brighter than stock, just not sure if the beam is the same.  Looking forwad to trying it out at night.  If the VTX uses a bulb I would highly recommend looking into this kind of there is room to add it. 

-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 09:04:24 AM »

Got the bulbs installed yesterday an they are really bright and the light is white, matches my LED running lights.  Also, no errors on the computer.....includes a ballast and a cooling fan on the bulb.  I haven't ridden at night yet but based on the reviews on amazon they shoud do well.  Much brighter than stock, just not sure if the beam is the same.  Looking forwad to trying it out at night.  If the VTX uses a bulb I would highly recommend looking into this kind of there is room to add it. 

dang sure looks bright :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 09:08:59 AM »

dang sure looks bright :thumbup:

I can actually see stuff on the inside of my lense that I didn't see before.   :cantbelieve:
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal