Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 1800N Valve Adjustment  (Read 3998 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: 1800N Valve Adjustment
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 07:50:55 PM »

Well finally had time to valve inspection today on my 1800, exhaust good front and back, but intake had one just a little tight on the front and one on the back same just a bit tight.
I thought this bike had desmong  (pair valve) removed,  to my surprise   :reaction: all that crap was still there. You can bet I will have that stuff taken care of as soon as I can get the parts ordered, made the job soooo much harder to get to everything.
Had to cut me a 5mm hex key to get the timing cover off, it's a different beast for sure, but process is the same.
I could do my 1300 in 2 hrs taking my time, this took me most of the day.  :redcard:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2016, 09:37:21 AM »

\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2016, 09:45:40 AM »

Glad you got it done :) :thumbup:
Ride it like you Borrowed it :)

diverg

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2016, 10:44:54 PM »

Block plates ordered  ;D

http://www.vtx-parts.com/honda-vtx-fury-1300-1800-pair-valve-cover.html
If I ordered these over the weekend or on Monday would they arrive in time for the tech session on the 5th?

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2016, 11:45:31 AM »

Maybe, understand you most likely will some carb
Tweaking afterwards.
Not sure who all will show up, not alot responce.
My plate is full unless another worker bee shows up.
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal