Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mixing tire brands  (Read 1675 times)

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
Mixing tire brands
« on: April 30, 2006, 12:23:48 PM »

Now I have a Battle AX 200mm rear and a Dunlap stocker on the front. I am looking for more milage! New stockers 7,500 miles, Bridgstone, 7,500 miles. Now I have a new Avon stock size for the front (not mounted), and I am thinking of tring a Metz 200mm on the rear, so I can stay with the 200mm I like the look. Does anyone else make a 200mm x 16" without going to a car tire? And what about mixing brands, witch I am doing now and have had no problems. This is on a 1800c.
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

TomVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Blanco, Texas
Re: Mixing tire brands
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 12:34:42 PM »

I think maybe we've talked about this recently, but I mix brands also.  Metz on the front and Avon on rear.  Metz has the 200, but Avon does not for the X.  At least that's the way it was last time I checked.  I've had great results with Metz on front and so far with the Avon on rear.  I won't ever put another Dunlop or Metz on the rear unless I decide to try the Metz 200 on rear and I can't really see why I would need to do that.  Just my .02

galpd320

Re: Mixing tire brands
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 12:35:51 PM »

I can attest to your mixing of brands not having problems. I have a Metz 200 on the rear and a stocker on the front with no problems. The only mixing you are not supposed to do are radials and bias ply. Don't know about your other questions though. Check HDL or cruisercustomizing.com for other available sizes.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal