Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Valve Adjustment and Thanks!  (Read 465 times)

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
Valve Adjustment and Thanks!
« on: August 25, 2014, 04:49:02 PM »

A big shout out to Lance for riding all the way out to my house this past Sunday and helping me with the valve adjustment on the "new" 1800.
I wanted to take a look at the valves, since I've put so many miles on the bike already and plan to take it to Arkansas.  I really appreciate him taking the time and helping me get confident turning the wrenches.  He is a good egg.. :notworthy:
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Re: Valve Adjustment and Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 07:25:59 PM »

A big shout out to Lance for riding all the way out to my house this past Sunday and helping me with the valve adjustment on the "new" 1800.
I wanted to take a look at the valves, since I've put so many miles on the bike already and plan to take it to Arkansas.  I really appreciate him taking the time and helping me get confident turning the wrenches.  He is a good egg.. :notworthy:

How were they?  Mine seemed sloppy at 5K miles but sold it before getting them adjusted. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Valve Adjustment and Thanks!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 07:19:25 AM »

Plan on checking mine on both 1300 and 1800 after Ark trip.  :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal