Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: license plate relocation  (Read 1803 times)

Bertrand

license plate relocation
« on: April 27, 2006, 08:20:43 PM »

I have an '05 1800F2, I want to relocate the license plate & inspection sticker to the side. Has anyone seen a replacement trimpiece to wrap around the fender, from turn signal to turn signal, I'm not sure I can cut the current trim so it looks good. This would remove 6" or so of junk covering my rear tire, gotta do it! Right?!

galpd320

Re: license plate relocation
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 07:42:51 AM »

I have been putting this off for a while now, not wanting to cut the plastic, but there is still no good solution that I can find out there for the F model yet. I want to remove that ugly license plate light and move the license plate up where the light used to be and use LED's to light the plate. I also want to replace the stock turn signals with LED bullets. The only way I have found to do this so far is to cut the plastic and cut some of the metal rails that hang down underneath. If you remove the whole assembly, the brake light goes with it. I think I'm finally going to break down and just do it this weekend since it's supposed to be raining anyway. A dremel tool or jigsaw should make cutting the plastic not too difficult.

Bertrand

Re: license plate relocation
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 07:57:32 PM »

Lemme know how it goes. I've had the rear fender off, installed some x-tra brake/tail lights in the turn signal housings, LED's worked great, they turn off & flash yellow with the turn signal on. Thanks for the reply.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal