Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: displaying inspection sticker?  (Read 16329 times)

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • (Leander) Austin, Texas
Re: displaying inspection sticker?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006, 08:11:00 AM »

forevrtxan just bought a chrome one from 35 North honda about 1 month ago. If you want me to I will check and see if they still have any. Paid 19.99 for it.  I am planning on coming up for bike night weather permitting. Could bring you one for 100 dollar delivery charge or you buy my dinner with drink at bike night for ten weeks.  Forgot to mention they had 2 types. One that the mounting hole is flat with the surface of the plate and one that had a 90 degree angle. Just tell me which one you want.  I installed mine on the right shock mount bolt and can be seen just under the saddle bag.

I want the one that you install on the lower shock bolt, that once it is installed runs parallel with the shock.

I told you where you could get one?

Not for a $100 bucks!!!  ;D ;D
David

'05 1800R2 (with sidestand down)

Old enuff to know better....but young enuff to still do it!!!!!!

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway~~John Wayne

All the way up in there!!!! (Quote from VTreX at BBTIII)

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006, 08:27:28 AM »

Here's another idea. Find a square one, that's a little larger, and steel w/o chrome. Get a piece of PVC that's the next size larger than your shock. Take a rubber mallet to it, to get the curve, then bend down the bolt tab to 90*. If it works, you can have it chromed.
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

RobDogg

• Old Timer
  • Sanger, TX (North Denton)
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 09:36:47 AM »

forevrtxan just bought a chrome one from 35 North honda about 1 month ago. If you want me to I will check and see if they still have any. Paid 19.99 for it.  I am planning on coming up for bike night weather permitting. Could bring you one for 100 dollar delivery charge or you buy my dinner with drink at bike night for ten weeks.  Forgot to mention they had 2 types. One that the mounting hole is flat with the surface of the plate and one that had a 90 degree angle. Just tell me which one you want.  I installed mine on the right shock mount bolt and can be seen just under the saddle bag.

I want the one that you install on the lower shock bolt, that once it is installed runs parallel with the shock.

I told you where you could get one?

Not for a $100 bucks!!!  ;D ;D
That once cracks anyway.  I've got two of them. One new for when my wife gets another bike and the one on my X that needs to be welded since it has a crack about 3/4" across it.
RobDogg

"No Child Should Live In Fear"
link--> B.A.C.A - Bikers Against Child Abuse

'03 1800C - Customized by me, for me, the way I want it.

Dallas Retro

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2006, 10:21:12 AM »

Several years ago I had a police officer tell me the sticker had to be attached to the bike and visible from the rear (so the police can see it from behind you).

Ever since then I've had them installed on my left rear shock cover; I then twist it around so it just barely shows from the back.  Never been stopped for it.  If they want a reason to stop you, they'll find one!

Stormy

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels,Tx.
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2006, 10:50:45 AM »

Well then how about the you buyuing my dinner for the next 10 weeks. ;D ;D ;D ;D

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2006, 12:50:20 PM »

Well then how about the you buyuing my dinner for the next 10 weeks. ;D ;D ;D ;D

GRRR!!!!
David

Stormy

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels,Tx.
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2006, 01:02:54 PM »

I will stop by the honda shop on the way home this afternoon and see what they have. I don't think they have the kind that run parallel to the shock.  Will let you know tonight what type they have available.

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2006, 01:23:30 PM »

I will stop by the honda shop on the way home this afternoon and see what they have. I don't think they have the kind that run parallel to the shock.  Will let you know tonight what type they have available.

Thanks Danny!! By running parallel to the shock, I mean the plate runs from the bottom of the shock towards the top of the shock, and is mounted on the bottom bolt of the shock. It is not a part of the shock, just a mount that mounts to the bottom of the shock. Crewsn has one but that baffoon is in the Bahamas!!!!  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 02:18:01 PM by forevrtxan »
David

Claw

• Old Timer
  • Baytown
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2006, 01:29:01 PM »

Thanks Danny!! By running parallel to the shock, I mean the plate runs from the bottom of the shock towards the top of the shock, and is mounted on the bottom bolt of the shock.

Damn it...... Ya'll are gonna force me to fab one of these up. I thought someone would have posted a pic of one by now.
03 1800C
05 GL1800

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2006, 01:34:33 PM »

Thanks Danny!! By running parallel to the shock, I mean the plate runs from the bottom of the shock towards the top of the shock, and is mounted on the bottom bolt of the shock.

Damn it...... Ya'll are gonna force me to fab one of these up. I thought someone would have posted a pic of one by now.

We will be waiting for the prototype by next week  :D :D :D :D
2005 VTX 1300
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered
Kuryakyn Pro Series Hypercharger
K&N Air Filter
Xtreme Revolution Fairing
Cobra Sissy Bar
Lindby Custom Engine Gaurd
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs
I lost count of all of the chrome she has :-D

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2006, 01:56:40 PM »

i got a prototype at home, beggin to be made into production  8)
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2006, 02:29:48 PM »

Put me down for 2... If you make them we will come with CASH...LOL
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

LEDS installed for $150.00 for members and $200.00 for non members. 14 pods, switch, fuse holder, 3amp fuse included for that price.
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z147/LEDTAZ/

twistedrcpilot

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Montgomery Tx. /Lake Conroe TX

*Closet Darksider*

Stormy

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels,Tx.
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2006, 04:44:28 PM »

Sorry, I checked and they don't have any like you are looking for. Even looked in a couple of catalogs and could not come up with anything.

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2006, 04:45:14 PM »

Mines NOT symmetrical like I like things to be, but here's how I put mine on. It's on a small plate (nickel plated, or not the best  chrome) They sell locally for about $15. Then just came off the lower lic, plate bolt. It's there, and doesn't look too terrible to me. A lot better than sticking that p.o.s. on my bike!

:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal