Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: displaying inspection sticker?  (Read 16328 times)

brentos

• Old Timer
  • Austin, Texas
displaying inspection sticker?
« on: May 08, 2006, 05:01:39 PM »

I am pretty sure it is the law to do so, but mine is currently bent around the back of the license plate because I don't feel like I need to be a billboard for Woods fun Center - and man is it ugly.

Anybody have any clever/cool looking solutions?

As always - the cheaper the better.
Brent Johnston - '05 1300S beetle bags, switchblade 2-up, Corbin dual tour, Roadhouse slip-ons, Fatty Beach Bars, etc.

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • (Leander) Austin, Texas
Re: displaying inspection sticker?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 05:04:28 PM »

I used metal cutters to cut out the Wood's promo...then bought a chrome lay down style license plate frame from Cobra. I would like to get the kind of inspection sticker plate Crewsn has that just bolts on the bottom of your shock, but I have looked and cannot find it yet.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 05:10:22 PM by forevrtxan »
David

'05 1800R2 (with sidestand down)

Old enuff to know better....but young enuff to still do it!!!!!!

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway~~John Wayne

All the way up in there!!!! (Quote from VTreX at BBTIII)

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 05:25:21 PM »

I used metal cutters to cut out the Wood's promo...then bought a chrome lay down style license plate frame from Cobra. I would like to get the kind of inspection sticker plate Crewsn has that just bolts on the bottom of your shock, but I have looked and cannot find it yet.

It's not available anymore. I have a chrome one I'll sell you for $750. ;) :D :D
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 05:44:16 PM »

It's not available anymore. I have a chrome one I'll sell you for $750. ;) :D :D

LOL!!!!  :D :D
David

DAR-Silver Surfer

• Old Timer
  • 1300R - Spring, Tx.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 05:46:01 PM »

This is a good subject.  I bent mine down so people could see my rear tail light properly.  I'm about ready to put it inside my saddle bag and take my chances on being stopped.  If you come up with something for a retro; I'll buy one.
Now known as - The Silver Surfer

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 05:58:53 PM »

Not having an R model, I've never messed with the lisc. plate area. Would putting one of these, http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/vtx/byProduct.asp?prd=Inspection+Plate&ID=67766477 and attach it to the lower right bolt, so it would be parallel with the lisc. plate, work?
04' Honda VTX 1800C

Stormy

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels,Tx.
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 06:52:49 PM »

forevrtxan just bought a chrome one from 35 North honda about 1 month ago. If you want me to I will check and see if they still have any. Paid 19.99 for it.  I am planning on coming up for bike night weather permitting. Could bring you one for 100 dollar delivery charge or you buy my dinner with drink at bike night for ten weeks.  Forgot to mention they had 2 types. One that the mounting hole is flat with the surface of the plate and one that had a 90 degree angle. Just tell me which one you want.  I installed mine on the right shock mount bolt and can be seen just under the saddle bag.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 08:33:16 PM by Stormy »

1shot1kill

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 07:32:00 PM »

The law says you will display it in such a way as to be seen by an officer.  It doesn't say how that is to be.
I don't want anyone to get into trouble but I was told as long as you have it with you, it will be ok.
I have carried my in my wallet for the last 9 years and have been stoped 3 times.  The officers did not say a word about it being in my wallet.  Also I did not get any tickets.  They just wanted to ck me out and make sure I had insurance since I did not have a helmet on at the time.

cantex

• Tejano
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 07:35:43 PM »

mine is going on my driveshaft.
what a long strange trip it's been

DAR-Silver Surfer

• Old Timer
  • 1300R - Spring, Tx.
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 07:37:12 PM »

I tried the kuryakyn plate but it does not fit.  I have saddle bags so I can't really put it on the shock bolt.  The plates I have seen out there cover up the the tail light or turn signal or just plain don't look like they belong there.  I even thought about turning the plate upside down and putting it on the back of the lic. plate but it dosen't fit  grrrrrrrr. >:(
Now known as - The Silver Surfer

cyberchick

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 11:16:37 PM »

Steve (formerly known as cybrhick - lol) made me a bracket (for my shadow - that sits on my pipes side of the bike). I think he was making something for Sinned too - or someone. (for their VTX)
Well behaved women rarely make history

mikeintx

• Tejano
  • kerrville, TX.
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 12:32:56 AM »

put it on the shock !
1300s "BLACK"

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 02:20:11 AM »

I put mine on a pice of sheet metal the size of the sticker, then bolted it on the backside of my plate so if you swivel it down it can be seen.  I got pulled over one time, and the policeman asked for it, showed it to him and he said that it was fine like that.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 08:03:41 AM »

forevrtxan just bought a chrome one from 35 North honda about 1 month ago. If you want me to I will check and see if they still have any. Paid 19.99 for it.  I am planning on coming up for bike night weather permitting. Could bring you one for 100 dollar delivery charge or you buy my dinner with drink at bike night for ten weeks.  Forgot to mention they had 2 types. One that the mounting hole is flat with the surface of the plate and one that had a 90 degree angle. Just tell me which one you want.  I installed mine on the right shock mount bolt and can be seen just under the saddle bag.

I want the one that you install on the lower shock bolt, that once it is installed runs parallel with the shock.
David

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 08:05:16 AM »

I want the one that you install on the lower shock bolt, that once it is installed runs parallel with the shock.

I told you where you could get one?
04' Honda VTX 1800C
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal