Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: What is it you love about riding motorcycles?  (Read 8775 times)

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
Re: What is it you love about riding motorcycles?
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2011, 10:01:41 AM »

OK BROCK, WE NEED MORE ICONS FOR SOME CERTAIN SITUTATIONS CAUSE  :redcard: AND :ohwow: AIN'T CUTTING IT FOR THIS ONE!!!!!!!   :stickpoke: :stickpoke:

haha...I'll see what I can dig up.
Chunk the llama.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 11:24:57 AM »

Gumbo, you know that you never go in the garage; you really just stay-in, look-at-it and then you tinker with it...   :rofl:

There are worst habits to have  :ohwow: :ohwow: ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

TheWatcher

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2011, 03:04:45 PM »

:goldwing:   Stress Therapy, Pure Plain and Simple!!!!!!!!!!!
 :couch:   :popcorn:   :popcorn:   :popcorn:  :c Electric Reverse, what a ride!!!!!!!!!!!
AKA: Vteeman on the VTXOA Site (Seldom seen there anymore)
2002 VTX 1800 C (Gone but not forgotten)
2012 Gold Wing Nav/XM

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2011, 08:12:45 PM »

Gumbo, you know that you never go in the garage; you really just stay-in, look-at-it and then you tinker with it...   :rofl:

Well Big Boy just remember you said it, I didn't!!   :c
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2011, 09:15:00 PM »

Well Big Boy just remember you said it, I didn't!!   :c

I can always count on you hooter  :thumbup: :thumbup: :c
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
    • Hick Custom Machine Works
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2011, 05:07:25 PM »

It's not really something easy to explain for me. And in some ways, to me, definition is pointless.

For years, I've heard people say the phrase "I was born for this" or "It's in my blood" about whatever. Both those statements are the closest I can come to an explanation. It is part of who I am, and I am incomplete without it. It has brought me some of the most memorable times of my life, and more enjoyment than any other activity.
Displaced Texan.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2011, 08:12:35 PM »

It's not really something easy to explain for me. And in some ways, to me, definition is pointless.

For years, I've heard people say the phrase "I was born for this" or "It's in my blood" about whatever. Both those statements are the closest I can come to an explanation. It is part of who I am, and I am incomplete without it. It has brought me some of the most memorable times of my life, and more enjoyment than any other activity.

Did you say """"ANY""" other activity  :ohwow: :ohwow: Guess you like it more than me :o :o

paperpeddler

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2011, 08:56:32 PM »

Riding your bike is like a big puff of wind that sends you screaming down a FM 4 road.  When you ride 7or 800 miles in a day and its not going 400 and returning 400 its and adventure.  You get up the next day and do it again until you get to wher you are going or just wondering around the country side.  Their are two ways to see a mountain in the summer on a motorcycle and in the winter on a pair of ski's.  Either one is fantastic.

TEXVTXER

• Old Timer
  • 2006 VTX1300 R in Black...the fastest color!
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2011, 10:24:53 PM »

My dog loves to hang his head out the window when riding in my cage.....he understands why I ride!!!!
TEXVTXER
Patriot Guard Rider

2006 VTX1300R: Cobra fatty highway bars and light bar, MF 21" WS, Kury ISO Grips w/Throttle Boss and Longhorn Hwy. pegs, Cobra sissy bar w/luggage rack, Ultimate X Big Boy w/Ultimate Pssgr. Seat, Leatherlyke Bags, Kury Ultra Tour Bag.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2011, 08:01:33 AM »

ain't it amazing how you PREFER to ride roads that you would not drive in the car and see things on the bike that you would never notice otherwise. How you stop at places that you would just blow by in the cage. and the big plus is how people that ride come together with this sense of commoraderie. Jeez I'm gettin'all mushy.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2011, 05:55:45 PM »

ain't it amazing how you PREFER to ride roads that you would not drive in the car and see things on the bike that you would never notice otherwise. How you stop at places that you would just blow by in the cage. and the big plus is how people that ride come together with this sense of commoraderie. Jeez I'm gettin'all mushy.

Yeah aint it funny that you will ride to change your oil and take 4 guys to do a job that you could have done yourself.  ;D ;D As always enjoyed the company --- let's ride the 15th of April  :bikerider: :bikerider:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 07:28:38 PM by Gumbo »

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2011, 06:39:50 PM »

Yeah aint it funny that you will ride to change your oil and take 4 guys to do a joy that you could have done yourself.  ;D ;D As always enjoyed the company --- let's ride the 15th of April  :bikerider: :bikerider:
AND GOT IT DONE QUICKER! but it wouldn't have been nearly as much fun, the 15th you got it!
It's all just part of the adventure!

hdlongrod

• Tejano
  • MetricBagger
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2011, 12:18:03 PM »

I love never being lost, taking a wrong turn. In my truck, if I make a wrong turn, I turn around. On the bike, I just take a longer route.

Ding, ding, ding... I just enjoy the feeling of heading no where on two wheels.
'07 1800N

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2011, 04:20:08 PM »

Nowhere, anywhere and somewhere. Three of my favorte destinations

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2011, 07:33:49 PM »

Nowhere, anywhere and somewhere. Three of my favorte destinations

Warren that is just profound. I think I'll put it on a tee-shirt.

Sherri
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 09:17:44 PM by sherri »

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal