Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What to do??? The Turkey Roost Camp Area is NOT available for March 17th and 18th

Do we  go to their Rally and everyone be on their on????
- 0 (0%)
Do we do our own thing the next weekend 23rd and 24th?????
- 9 (90%)
Forget it?????
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: October 29, 2006, 12:08:52 PM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: SPRING THING  (Read 18852 times)

Dusty

Re: SPRING THING
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 04:54:23 AM »

Is the Spring Thing now a Wing Thing?  :D ;D :D ;D ::)

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 11:02:51 AM »

I still have an XXXXXXXXX O0 O0 O0 It might be a good idea to have a Wing thing, there seams to be no interest in the X family!!!!
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2006, 12:22:01 PM »

Came down through Lumberton the other day Dusty. Went to Beaumont with a friend to pick up her daughter. Saw a bike shop called something like "north side motorcycle shop" or some such, just off 96. Had lots of bikes out there. Do you know if he has any spare bike parts for older bikes? Like to pick up a set of carbs for my old CX 650. Didn't see it till we were almost past it...traffic was pretty bad right there.
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Dusty

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2006, 12:33:30 PM »

Came down through Lumberton the other day Dusty. Went to Beaumont with a friend to pick up her daughter. Saw a bike shop called something like "north side motorcycle shop" or some such, just off 96. Had lots of bikes out there. Do you know if he has any spare bike parts for older bikes? Like to pick up a set of carbs for my old CX 650. Didn't see it till we were almost past it...traffic was pretty bad right there.

I'll have to look for it John. If it's in Lumberton, it's new and probably doesn't have much. What brand bike is the CX 650?

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2006, 01:12:37 PM »

Honda. That place was on the outskirts of Beaumont. We got off on Dowlen, and saw this place when we were going back off Dowlen onto 96. It sits just east of a gas station, can't remember which one.
     420! Yeah, baby!

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2006, 01:19:56 PM »

The gas sta was called the Speedy Stop. If that helps. Somewhere on the east access road north of Dowlen ST.
     420! Yeah, baby!

Dusty

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2006, 01:24:11 PM »

Honda. That place was on the outskirts of Beaumont. We got off on Dowlen, and saw this place when we were going back off Dowlen onto 96. It sits just east of a gas station, can't remember which one.

OK, That's at HWY 105 or where 105 dead ends into 96/69/287 in Bmt. The name is NORTHEND CYCLE. They have been there a long time. Their number is 409-898-7764.
Another place that might have what you want is Leone's Cycle Shop. Woody is the guys name. He is the fellow Cowboy bought the Honda dealership from. His number is 212-1300. He has a building across from the old dealership. Don't know what all he has but I've seen a lot of old bikes around that building for years.
If you need me to run by and check on something or pick it up and ship it, just let me know.

Bill

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2006, 01:31:43 PM »

Thanks Dusty. North end cycle= North side motorcycle shop....well, I had the general idea of the name, LOL. Will give him a call and see if he has what I need. TKS again.
     420! Yeah, baby!

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Re: SPRING THING 23rd and 24th '07
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2006, 12:28:53 PM »

Only nine + responses on the poll??? However we will try once more!! Reservations have been made for March 23rd and 24th. There have been 4 request for the 10 trailer hook-ups. They are me, RD, Jeremy, and Jerry. We can up to 80 people stay the nite at the Turkey Roost Group Camp Area. Other camper sites are available at Cedar Ridge Camp ground. If you want your own site away from the group call 1-877-444-6777 and make your own reservations. The cost of the Turkey Roost will be shared by those that come (up to the 80 ) the more that come the cheeper per head.. Make plans to come O0 O0 O0  If RD shows he will get his PRIZE!!!!!!  Others that have shown interest are Dusty,Tolly&Robin, David (red dragon), David (forevertexan), Snake,----- get on the list! O0 O0 ;D ;D 8) 8)   350.00/? devided by how many????GOLDWINGS   WILL BE WELCOME ;D ;D ;D ;D :P :P
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 01:30:58 PM by VTreX »
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2006, 09:37:49 PM »

hey kenny, talked with a few friends, they are interested as well. as it stands now, i have a total of 6 that may tag along with jen and i. keep up the good work, looking forward to it!! O0
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

Dusty

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2007, 05:04:26 AM »

Two and half months away.  :o It'll be here before you know it.

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2007, 10:02:18 PM »

HHmmm, I just realized I'm scheduled to be in Little Rock the 19 thru the 29th of March for an explosives class. If I don't get the new job I've put in for, I'll have to be up there to get re-certified and won't be able to make the spring thing! :(
     420! Yeah, baby!

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2007, 07:12:03 PM »

Im a scheeming.not there yet.

brentos

• Old Timer
  • Austin, Texas
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2007, 06:52:26 PM »

Dallas and I are planning on going. I was not even aware of it. With all the new categories, labels, areas, etc. - I have a feeling that there are others who might be interested but do not know about it because they have not looked in this category. Do you think our moderators might give the "Spring Thing" it's own heading (or whatever these are called) and maybe a sticky at the top of the "General Discussion" and the local rides sections?

Looking forward to it no matter how many make it.

Is close enough to the Lake that I should bring the fishing poles?

Should we send a check beforehand so nobody gets stuck fronting too much $?
Brent Johnston - '05 1300S beetle bags, switchblade 2-up, Corbin dual tour, Roadhouse slip-ons, Fatty Beach Bars, etc.

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2007, 07:47:48 PM »

Dallas and I are planning on going. I was not even aware of it. With all the new categories, labels, areas, etc. - I have a feeling that there are others who might be interested but do not know about it because they have not looked in this category. Do you think our moderators might give the "Spring Thing" it's own heading (or whatever these are called) and maybe a sticky at the top of the "General Discussion" and the local rides sections?Looking forward to seeing you guys there!!! It is at the lake but you wont have time to fish. I will bring the Epiphone for ypu!!!!! Ride Safe and Long

Looking forward to it no matter how many make it.

Is close enough to the Lake that I should bring the fishing poles?

Should we send a check beforehand so nobody gets stuck fronting too much $?
Looking forward to seeing you guys there!!! It is at the lake but you wont have time to fish. I will bring the Epiphone for you!!!!! Ride Safe and Long!!!! We will fig. the cost by att: or the extra will go to the X-club.  Just come!!! O0 O0 O0
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 07:49:51 PM by VTreX »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal