Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 4/4/07 M&G  (Read 6424 times)

SETexas Vet

Re: 4/4/07 M&G
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2007, 11:48:37 AM »

If y'all decide on Texas Roadhouse I might be able to make it as well for my first M&G. My bud Charley raves about their Rack-of-Ribs. Personally I like their Chick Fried Steak and their Sirloin. Seems like the CFS was about $8 or $9, the sirloin I forget how much and the Ribs Charley paid for. He and I usually swap off on the meal ticket when we eat out.

BTW. You people don't know me or Charley but he sure could use your prayers this week as he is laying up in the VA Hospital in Houston trying to get a really bad infection to clear up in his left leg because if it doesn't within the next 7-10 days he will be faced with the decision of possibly losing his leg at just above the knee or losing his life if he refuses to let them take the leg. He doesn't want them to take his leg.

He has a chance of the infection clearing up but it is about 50/50 right now he says. The VA Docs have him on a cocktail of very strong anti-biotics and he says they SEEM to be helping some but isn't sure if they will be enough to do the job, too early to know his Docs tell him. This problem with his leg, actually his knee and leg on down and including his big toe has been gradually growing worse over the past few years. He, like me is a former VN combat veteran, in his mid 50's, about to be divorced (not related to this though), diabetic due to agent orange poisioning and is very much overweight due to the VA giving him massive doses of steroids several years ago by mistake causing him to balloon up before they discovered their error. He and I both happen to be rated at well over 100% P&T disability rating.

So please, for those of you who believe in the power of prayer, please pray for him this week. I hope to be able to be with you all at this weeks M&G, if possible.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2007, 03:24:30 PM »

If y'all decide on Texas Roadhouse I might be able to make it as well for my first M&G. My bud Charley raves about their Rack-of-Ribs. Personally I like their Chick Fried Steak and their Sirloin. Seems like the CFS was about $8 or $9, the sirloin I forget how much and the Ribs Charley paid for. He and I usually swap off on the meal ticket when we eat out.

BTW. You people don't know me or Charley but he sure could use your prayers this week as he is laying up in the VA Hospital in Houston trying to get a really bad infection to clear up in his left leg because if it doesn't within the next 7-10 days he will be faced with the decision of possibly losing his leg at just above the knee or losing his life if he refuses to let them take the leg. He doesn't want them to take his leg.

He has a chance of the infection clearing up but it is about 50/50 right now he says. The VA Docs have him on a cocktail of very strong anti-biotics and he says they SEEM to be helping some but isn't sure if they will be enough to do the job, too early to know his Docs tell him. This problem with his leg, actually his knee and leg on down and including his big toe has been gradually growing worse over the past few years. He, like me is a former VN combat veteran, in his mid 50's, about to be divorced (not related to this though), diabetic due to agent orange poisioning and is very much overweight due to the VA giving him massive doses of steroids several years ago by mistake causing him to balloon up before they discovered their error. He and I both happen to be rated at well over 100% P&T disability rating.

So please, for those of you who believe in the power of prayer, please pray for him this week. I hope to be able to be with you all at this weeks M&G, if possible.

Charley will be in my Prayers....
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

Dusty

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2007, 04:57:06 PM »

Charley will be in my Prayers....

Plus 1 for Charley

KEBS

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, Texas
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2007, 06:04:48 PM »

Hola everyone,  If the meet n greet is going to be at Texas Roadhouse, I need to know who all  is coming.  I ate there today and they don't do reservations, but I can call ahead Wednesday to let them know how many of us will be there so they can have us together. 

Texas Roadhouse
23570 Highway 59 N
Kingwood, TX 77339
281-358-0951
Becca
2002 Silver VTX 1800C - no more it's gone gone
2007 FXSTSSE (HD Soft Tail Springer Screaming Eagle 110)
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

http://www.myspace.com/spankmesweet

pacrat

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress,Texas
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2007, 06:56:48 PM »

Kebs, I may be able to make it.  I'll be in that quadrant till about 4 or so--I-10 and Normandy.  Haveta wait and see though.
SETexasVet-  My prayers for Charley also.. This prayer includes you because you care enough and are strong enough to ask.  I have received so many prayers from the board members here in my fight with lung cancer I CAN AND WILL SHARE!  A gooder bunch would be hard to find, and in my opinion they rate right up there with the Viet Nam VETS.  Of course, there are several of us in that catagory on board here.
Louis

SETexas Vet

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2007, 08:10:22 PM »

Hola everyone,  If the meet n greet is going to be at Texas Roadhouse, I need to know who all  is coming.  I ate there today and they don't do reservations, but I can call ahead Wednesday to let them know how many of us will be there so they can have us together. 

Texas Roadhouse
23570 Highway 59 N
Kingwood, TX 77339
281-358-0951
I ate there a little earlier this evening as well with a lady friend of mine and one of the young host ladies said pretty much the same thing to me as well. She did say that seating 8 people wouldn't be a problem at all for them but beyond that could pose a bit of a problem in that they couldn't guarantee everyone would be together in the exact same area but that they would try to accomodate the group as much as possible, even in the same area if possible. Thanks.

Call ahead 281-548-7427 ask for Lauren - I plan to be there if you're counting.

And a big thatnks for the all of your prayers for Charley. I visited with him for a few hours today and the infection has spread all the way up close to his groin area. His doc had just left when I arrived and he stated they probably won't know anything worthwhile until about Friday or so. Some of the swelling has abated but the infection still kind of looks nasty though. I plan to keep praying and hope you will say a few words for him when you go to HIM in prayer this week.

SETexas Vet

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2007, 08:18:04 PM »

SETexasVet-  My prayers for Charley also.. This prayer includes you because you care enough and are strong enough to ask.  I have received so many prayers from the board members here in my fight with lung cancer I CAN AND WILL SHARE!  A gooder bunch would be hard to find, and in my opinion they rate right up there with the Viet Nam VETS.  Of course, there are several of us in that catagory on board here.
Louis
Thank you for your kind words. I know that the power of prayer can work wonders and the more that go out for someone the better their odds of being answered. I've seen it happen too many times in my nearly sixty years to know that prayer works and I'm not too proud to ask for it when needed. Prayer helped me make it home from Nam. My mom and everyone she could button hole prayed for me for the nearly two years I was there and I know personally that it works. Prayer does work when given the chance.

BobB

• Old Timer
  • Cypress, TX
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2007, 09:16:19 AM »

I'm not sure this is a good place for a group.  The one we go to is not set up to handle a large group.  You might want to ask them first.

crazyredneck

• Rider
    • Amsoil Dealer
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2007, 08:11:44 PM »

The texas roadhouse close to us down here on south side has booths and isolated tables much like outback.  You could not set up a group setting there.  Im most likely not going to be there because I have toys from corbin arriving wednesday.  I may see you guys next meet, many more people to meet.

Russell (crazy)
03 1800C

pacrat

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress,Texas
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2007, 06:15:03 PM »

So, where's it gonna be kids??

pacrat

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress,Texas
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2007, 06:49:23 PM »

Hello, anyone out there?  DAR- it's Tuesday.  VTXdemon- looks like freebirds unless someone steps up. 

KEBS

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, Texas
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2007, 08:59:47 PM »

That's it I'm not going!!!  Well, maybe :)
Becca
2002 Silver VTX 1800C - no more it's gone gone
2007 FXSTSSE (HD Soft Tail Springer Screaming Eagle 110)
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

http://www.myspace.com/spankmesweet

DAR-Silver Surfer

• Old Timer
  • 1300R - Spring, Tx.
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2007, 09:31:19 PM »

Nah its still only Monday night. Plenty of time :D
Now known as - The Silver Surfer

VTXDEMON

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2007, 09:59:31 PM »

well... :D :D :D :D

DAR-Silver Surfer

• Old Timer
  • 1300R - Spring, Tx.
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2007, 10:27:18 PM »

Dam your right. It is Tuesday. I lost a day. I hate it when that happens :'(  We're in trouble now.  :-\  Someone needs to make the final call.
Now known as - The Silver Surfer
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal