Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Suzuki M109R  (Read 3073 times)

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
Suzuki M109R
« on: February 10, 2007, 03:38:28 PM »

Got to test ride ride one of those Zooks' this past week, and MAN... Talk about some get up an GO, plus even with that fat 240 on back, it handled like a dream!!  I may pull a "JWolf" and jump ship!!  :o :o  That '07 limited edition is one saweeet machine....   :P :P :P 8) 8)  Anyone lookin' for a CHERRY '05 1800F?? 

« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 03:42:49 PM by SilverTribal Driver »

jwoolf

Re: Suzuki M109R
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 04:03:27 PM »

One piece of advice before you do it, Dan.

Check out custom chrome for it before you jump ship.  I doubt seriously there are many upgrades you can get for it yet.  It's too new.  You may even have trouble finding pipes for it.

I love em though.  Just check out options for it before you jump all the way in.  There may be more stuff out there for them now.

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "NO PAIN, NO STAIN!!!" Ft. worth
    • http://myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 05:16:35 PM »

DON'T DO IT BRO!! YOU'LL REGRET IT :D

OCIFFER, I SweAr To DRunK I'M NoT GoD!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 05:34:54 PM »

I got to ride one of those this past week.

Here's my opinion, .02, uneducated hypothesis, and all around attitude about the M109.

POSITIVES-

The FASTEST and SMOOTHEST delivery of power that I have ever felt on a cruiser.

More Torque than the VTX1800 early on in the rev range.  See Negatives

Good riding position and foot controls are nicely placed.  However, it definitely needs an aftermarket seat.  See Negatives

Top end power is unbelievable but unless you are racing 100+, is this really needed?

HAYABUSA engineering has got to be a positive....

Can you say 240 from the get go????   :o   See Negatives

And now for the

NEGATIVES

Torque seems to die out and turn into Horsepower rather soon while accelerating compared to the X.  I personally like to feel as though I am peeling up the asphalt all the way through the gears.   ;D

The stock seat sucks Cranberries....  Like the VTX, it feels like you are riding "on" the bike and not "in" the bike.  An aftermarket seat is a must.

As Joe said, aftermarket parts are still slowly coming out for the M109.  At one time the Cobra pipes were the only ones offered.   :(  They did absolutely nothing to enhance performance of the bike. 

While I like the look of the Hayabusa, I hate that look on a cruiser.  I wasn't a fan of the Rune either though and obvioulsy aesthetics are simply relative and in the eye of the beholder.   ;D

That 240 is great and all but that back bumper looks like a hippo's Cranberries.  Sorry, not for me.   ;D

Overall, The M109 will leave the 1800 at the stoplights with equal riders but the looks of it leave a lot to be desired IMO and with the lack of aftermarket goodie, I'd have to pass personally.

Great bike nonetheless and Suzuki performance to boot. 

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 07:20:52 PM »

Very well put Southern Xer....  As I previously stated.... Anyone lookin' for a CHERRY 1800F with well over 5k of mods???  I'm thinking Zook performance...  Afterall they are only toys right???   :D :D :D :D  I'll probably get plenty of ribbin' from you Xers....   :'( :'( :'(

Dan

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 07:25:48 PM »

Very well put Southern Xer....  As I previously stated.... Anyone lookin' for a CHERRY 1800F with well over 5k of mods???  I'm thinking Zook performance...  Afterall they are only toys right???   :D :D :D :D  I'll probably get plenty of ribbin' from you Xers....   :'( :'( :'(

Dan
Put 5K in the bike and don't want to ride it?? What's up with that??  ;D
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 07:32:49 PM »

Dan

Yo Chad...  I do plenty of riding on my X....  Where have you been???  I guess my $$ loss could be someone elses gain!!!  BTW, I'm only thinking about it right now....   ??? ??? ??? ;D ;D ;D

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 07:38:22 PM »

Dan

Yo Chad...  I do plenty of riding on my X....  Where have you been???  I guess my $$ loss could be someone elses gain!!!  BTW, I'm only thinking about it right now....   ??? ??? ??? ;D ;D ;D

Been here and riding bike some. I did the putting the money in the bike in Nov and Dec and I plan on keeping mine til it dies you might say. I really don't think I could ever get what I have in it with the amount of miles on it.  ;D Will say you have a sweet bike and just me I would keep it!! ;D
Member since 2004

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 07:47:44 PM »

Dan

Been here and riding bike some. I did the putting the money in the bike in Nov and Dec and I plan on keeping mine til it dies you might say. I really don't think I could ever get what I have in it with the amount of miles on it.  ;D Will say you have a sweet bike and just me I would keep it!! ;D

Well Hey Dude...  Thank you for the kind words..  Much appreciated.  O0 O0  Don't get me wrong, I love my X, I guess when I rode that Zook it just amazed me all the way around.... :P :P  Let's ride tomorrow...

Dan

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 07:58:18 PM »

Would like to but think I need to stay around my neck of the woods you might say. I was in Big D last weekend with SouthernXer some other Xers and did the bar hopping. Thanks for the offer though.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 08:15:01 PM by VTXChad »
Member since 2004

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 07:58:52 PM »

hay dan are we going to go ride tomorrow this is tony so whats up

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 08:07:33 PM »

Tony.... Let's do it!!  I'll arrive DFW late tonight...  Weather looks cold, but who gives a f@#k...  I'm thinking like 10 to 11am or thereabouts.... What do you think??  I'm inflight right now or I'd call you...  Cruising at 45,000 ft. right now..   O0 O0 O0

DJK

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007, 08:17:57 PM »

give me a call when you hit ground. tony O0 O0

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2007, 08:21:55 PM »

give me a call when you hit ground. tony O0 O0

"Hit the Ground"!!!  I don't think so...  I'll call you when we "TOUCH DOWN"!!   ;D ;D ;D  LOL..  I'm on the airlines right now, should arrive around 10pm or so...

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2007, 08:44:12 PM »

i met a new freakey chick i got go pick up around 9:30 to go party with so dont worry just give me a call i will be out all night partying i will talk to to you later tony ;D ;D ;D

Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal