Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Newbie riding up!  (Read 4624 times)

iluvink

Re: Newbie riding up!
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2006, 07:16:41 AM »

Not being a mechanic, other than putting on some extras and such, I take mine to DFW Honda for any major work, and follow Honda's schedule of maintenance as close as possible.  I have the extended warranty also, and try to think of the service costs from the Dealer as a form of insurance.  If something major goes wrong, I might have to fuss a bit, but they did the work, have the records, and should stand behind it.  They can’t say that I screwed something up.  That’s my 2 pennies worth.

Now, if my X was paid for, and I was a mechanic, I might have a different outlook…

jackandangie

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2006, 01:11:08 PM »

I like the fact that when we bought the wife's 1800 at D/FW they rolled service in with the cost of the bike and all you paid for was the materials, labor was free. They gave us a little card and we show it when we come in and nothing comes out of our pocket. I don't remember the exact cost, but I remember adding it up and is saved us about 2 grand.

Jack and Angie

JustinVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2006, 02:09:59 PM »

That pre-paid maintenance plan is $300.00, but well worth it!  It covers all maintenance, from oil changes to valve adjustments at specified intervals.  My wife bought the package when we got her 1800, and it saves me from putting my name on Tappers list.  He does good work, but he stays very busy, and if you need a rush job, the dealer can get to you pretty quick, especially if you have the pre-paid plan.  I was told of an unofficial order in which pre-paid customers got bumped to the front of the line in front of ride up service requests.  Not sure if it is true, but we never had to wait too long for service on her bike.  I wish they would have offered it when I bought my X!

Justin VTX

VTXGRL

• Old Timer
  • Grapevine
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2006, 04:33:37 PM »

I like the fact that when we bought the wife's 1800 at D/FW they rolled service in with the cost of the bike and all you paid for was the materials, labor was free. They gave us a little card and we show it when we come in and nothing comes out of our pocket. I don't remember the exact cost, but I remember adding it up and is saved us about 2 grand.

Jack and Angie

They offered that to me when I bought, guess I should have gone for it, but I didn't want to finance it.  Wonder if that's something I can buy now?  I talked to DFW Honda today and they want $290!  I bought a new bike so I wouldn't have to continue paying tons of money... it's frustrating!  Either that or I'm going to say screw the warranty and just have a certified mechanic do it.
“You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas”
~ Davy Crockett
2006 VTX 1300R candy black cherry

TexPops

• Old Timer
  • Azle (Eagle Mountain Lake) n.w. of Ft.Worth
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2006, 06:01:46 PM »

Jack and Angie

They offered that to me when I bought, guess I should have gone for it, but I didn't want to finance it.  Wonder if that's something I can buy now?  I talked to DFW Honda today and they want $290!  I bought a new bike so I wouldn't have to continue paying tons of money... it's frustrating!  Either that or I'm going to say screw the warranty and just have a certified mechanic do it.

You don't have to have all the service work done at a Honda dealer to maintain the warranty. You just have to have proof that the maintenance was done at the suggested intervals. Been dealing with dealership warranty for 30 years now and if you have proof of oil changes and such, you should have no problems with warranty. The chances of engine failure if you change your oil regularly are very small and I would think the majority of warranty issues are electrical,leaks,vibrations,etc.  Just my .02 cents

POPS
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 06:09:57 PM by TexPops »
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal