Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Newbie riding up!  (Read 4622 times)

VTXGRL

• Old Timer
  • Grapevine
Newbie riding up!
« on: November 09, 2006, 03:33:48 PM »

Hey guys (and gals)!  Just got my '06 1300R in mid-October and am looooving it.  Traded in my old Magna (tho I kinda miss her, she was fast and good in corners) and bought a candy apple red R.  Don't have any pictures yet and I don't have any accessories... but hey, that's the fun part, spending years adding on, right?  Oh yeah, and having a 'wish list' on every conceivable accessories link you can bookmark.  I have a tank bag and a cargo net and look forward to the day when I get a Mustang seat for my arse.  So far I've only got 500 miles on her and I get to look forward in 100 miles to paying Honda $250 for my 600 mile service likely next week - "ouch" for a first visit!

I rest my ride in Grapevine so I hope to meet up with a few of you sometime.
“You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas”
~ Davy Crockett
2006 VTX 1300R candy black cherry

TexPops

• Old Timer
  • Azle (Eagle Mountain Lake) n.w. of Ft.Worth
Re: Newbie riding up!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 03:44:53 PM »

Welcome to the Board :) :) :) Being in Grapevine, you're in the middle of everything, so we look forward to meeting you. O0 O0 Don't know about paying $250 for a 600 mile checkup though :-\ :-\

POPS

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 03:54:57 PM »

Welcome VTXGIRL,

Check out the "DFW X-RIDERS" thread for the usual meets and greets.  Several of us meet every Sunday at Dukes (Beltline Rd. / Midway Rd.) in Addison around noon and head out around 1PM for a lunch run somewhere.  We occassionally make a stop at Wilhoite's on Main St. in Grapevine.  Looking forward to meeting you.  Ride safe!

-Iceman

Bomber

• Old Timer
  • 03' 1800R slightly modded......
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 04:07:07 PM »

Welcome VTXGIRL,

I'm a noob too and look forward to the Sunday rides in the future.  Right now I'm working on getting my bike registered.  If anyone tells you it's a piece o cake to register a Canadian registered bike don't believe 'em.

I've put about 1800 miles on the bike since getting it three weeks ago.  Loadz o fun!

Mike

VTXGRL

• Old Timer
  • Grapevine
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 04:19:39 PM »

Welcome to the Board :) :) :) Being in Grapevine, you're in the middle of everything, so we look forward to meeting you. O0 O0 Don't know about paying $250 for a 600 mile checkup though :-\ :-\

POPS

Thanks for the greeting, Pops!  BTW, the $250 estimate came from Cycle Center of Denton.  What's/where's a better deal to get this service done?
~ Davy Crockett

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 04:35:25 PM »

POPS

Thanks for the greeting, Pops!  BTW, the $250 estimate came from Cycle Center of Denton.  What's/where's a better deal to get this service done?

If you are unable to do the oil change yourself, Tapper in Allen can probably do the 600 mile checkerupper for less than $250....   You might want to pm him and check before dropping "chrome" cash on an oil change.

BTW, Welcome to the Board....  Great group of DFW X'ers here.   :)

rod181

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Dallas, TX
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 05:05:02 PM »

Welcome to the group and hope to ride with you soon. Like Icemanhail said we meet at Dukes up in addison every sunday @ noon and then do a lunch run and ride around.

Ride safe  O0
WORK HARD!!! PARTY HARD!!!!

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "NO PAIN, NO STAIN!!!" Ft. worth
    • http://myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 05:30:17 PM »

HEY IF I WERE YOU I WOULD GO TO LINERS THROWBACK IN FT WORTH. THEY ONLY CHARGE $35'S AN HOUR FOR IMPORT BIKES. THE MAECHANIC THERE IS REALLY GOOD. THEY'LL DO YOUR VALVES AND OIL CHANGE FOR PROBABLY A LIL OVER $100. THURSDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY AFTERNOON IS A GOOD TIME TO GO OUT THERE. ON SUNDAY THEY HAVE FREE BBQ AT ABOUT 4:00 TO 7:00, AND BEER IS ONLY A BUCK! HOPE TO SEE U THERE SOMETIME. OH YA WELCOME TO THE BOARD BTW. O0 O0

OCIFFER, I SweAr To DRunK I'M NoT GoD!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider

jwoolf

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 06:56:57 PM »

Welcome aboard, VTXGRL!

You should come to some of the local events.  We always have a few of us over at Duke's Roadhouse in Addison around lunchtime on Sundays if it isn't raining.   It's always an open invitation to anybody that wants to ride.

T-BIRD

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 07:07:30 PM »

Welcome to the board!!! Like a few have said, come ond down to Dukes on Sunday it a great place to start. JUST WATCH OUT FOR THE NEO SMURF HE LOOMS EVERY WHERE
>Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
<a href="http://bighugelabs.com/map.php" style="font-size: 75%">Make yours @ BigHugeLab

Muffmaster

• Old Timer
  • Selective Honesty is Not Lying
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 07:26:56 PM »

Yea but it takes him a loooonnngg time to get there ;D ;D ;D

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 08:19:28 PM »

Oh.....Boy another girl....YAAAAAAA

Welcome to the group....

Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

JustinVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2006, 08:50:45 AM »

Justin VTX

VTXGRL

• Old Timer
  • Grapevine
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2006, 09:29:45 AM »

http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=2480.0

What about this?

Hi JustinVTX, thanks for the invite, but I've unfortunately got plans tonight that don't involve 2 wheels... and that just sucks!
~ Davy Crockett

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2006, 09:35:43 AM »

Hey VTXGIRL,  A warm welcome to ya!!  8)  Looking forward to meeting and riding with you.  I personally have been only riding with the "DFW X'ers" for a short while, and I can tell you without a doubt, this is a genuine group of folks.  O0  My wife and I always have a blast when we are out with this group!!  Again welcome...

Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal