Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Home From Buffalo Bike Fest  (Read 3322 times)

TomVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Blanco, Texas
Home From Buffalo Bike Fest
« on: October 05, 2008, 02:30:47 PM »

Got home close to 2.  Had a great time seeing old faces and new ones too.  Thanks to rbljack and his group for saving us a place and letting us use the grill.  Others present were Murray_61, VTreX (he made us do it!), Snake, Dars, Kebs, Crewsn, TXX and wife, Tomcat and there were others with rbljack I can't even remember.  We all had a great time. 

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
Re: Home From Buffalo Bike Fest
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 03:18:22 PM »

Yes, good times!  and i only had about 10 minutes of rain as I rolled back into town today.  I had lot's of fun, and it was GREAT to see everyone.  Sorry I didn't come through on the wind farm tour, it slipped my mind that afternoon...  hahaha...  Thanks to everyone there!

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 05:42:15 PM »

Great to see all. I had a good time making Y'ALL DO IT!!!!! I will be home before rthe 25th..... Ride Safe RIDE LONG
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 09:40:09 PM »

Don't shoot yourself in the foot Kenny, lol. Enjoyed meeting rbljack and friends, and seeing the rest of you rascals. Got home dry, even! Missed a exit, and met a massuese in Terrell. Excellent weekend!
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

rbljack

• Tejano
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 10:30:20 PM »

Thanks for making the trip and glad to hear yall got home safe and mostly dry. It POURED rain here this afternoon and evening, but everything in camp was taken down after we got back for breakfast, and we have been lazy all afternoon....LOL> I think I slept like 6 hours on the couch today..which is more sleep than i got at any single period over the whole weekend!! LOL.

Good times, and hope we can do it all again next year.

One more thing I'd like to mention: I did learn a few things from the other members who showed up, and I hope I havent ruffled any feathers of the Texas X organization by titling the event as a statewide meet and greet.

I'm relatively new to the event system and organization of the Texas X site, so I didnt realize everything that might be invovled. When Snake said to just post it at a Stateswide, and I saw Board member on his title, I took that as a green light to proceed...LOL My apoligies if I have stepp on anyones toes in that capacity, or used the title of a State wide meet and greet in error.

It was done in the best intention of bringing a bunch of X riders together for a great event in west texas. Overall, I hope everybody enjoyed themselves, and if all goes well we'll be back again next year!

Lessons learned:
1. We need a 6 foot long table for putting all the plates, chips, silverware, food etc on.
2. Possible a small tank of water for washing up, etc.

If anybody has other ideas for improvements. I'm all ears and will do what I can to provide another comfortable stay while the X riders are visiting. Feel free to post them here, or PM with suggestions comments, etc

Have a great season!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 10:47:24 PM by rbljack »
2002 VTX 1800 C model, Illusion Blue

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 09:17:51 AM »

Not sure how hard you stepped on toes or ruffled feathers, rbljack, LOL. Anyone attending should have been real proud of all you set up and organized. Even provided entertainment, lol. I wasn't griping. You did yourself proud.
I had said to put it in as a meet and greet because you were planning one.
Ok, we are inviting all the Texas X Riders to come join us! This statewide meet and greet is done in conjunction with a  Great Rally called the White Buffalo Bikefest http://www.whitebuffalobikefest.com/2008/
That was properly placed in the M&G section: http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=9055.0

When I posted right before leaving to come out there asking when/where it was at, you replied:
Someone asked a question that might need clarification for others as well, so I wanted to post it over here. Normally meet and greets are held at a restuarant, or gathering place on a certain evening I guess, but this one is a little different. Because there is so much going on right here at the grounds, I didnt want to commit anybodies entire evening to just one thing by having to meet at a restuarnt from 5-9 etc. With people coming in from all over, at different times, I wanted to be able to keep things flexible, so you can plan "on the fly" so to speak. By doing it this way, you dont have to worry about being at a certain place at a certain time.

The "Meet and Greet Dinner" going to be Friday from 4 until the Evening Parade starts, and then AFTER that again until whenever in the early AM.

It looks like you had the M&G issue covered.
I don't think the Dairy Queen coulda' served a big group. Heck, they didn't have shrimp, and that place was stinking! LOL TKS MURRAY!
     420! Yeah, baby!

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 09:37:16 AM »

I'm relatively new to the event system and organization of the Texas X site, so I didnt realize everything that might be invovled. When Snake said to just post it at a Stateswide, and I saw Board member on his title, I took that as a green light to proceed...LOL My apoligies if I have stepp on anyones toes in that capacity, or used the title of a State wide meet and greet in error.

I bring this up for anyone, including rbljack. This is YOUR board, not anyone elses. With rare exception, you can post anything you want, where you want. If you step on toes, well, they'll know you're here, lol. The "BOARD" under my name doesn't mean you need my acceptance, it means I'm one of the guys to bltch to about stuff. That's about it, LOL. I have no more priveledges on this site than anyone of you do. Use the board as you wish, don't worry, be happy.!! ;D
     420! Yeah, baby!

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 09:49:01 PM »

Now see if we had a Regional Director/Board Member out here in the Panhandle & West Texas Region, that person could have saved rbljack a lot of confusion! 

http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=9394.msg95851#msg95851

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 02:52:28 PM »

Got home last night, Again, I got lost on the way home. I found the rain that that missed the rest of you. Oh well, I had a great time. Glad everyone is safe and well. Hope to see ya'll  there again next year.   

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal