- 0 (0%)
Rider solo Non-TXR
- 0 (0%)
Rider 2 up Non-TXR
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 03, 2009, 10:45:56 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: 2nd Quartely Tri-City Meet & Greet in Moulton TX @ Kloesel's April 11, 2009  (Read 11497 times)

Demon

I got home safe as well, good to see everyone, Jeff you still owe me a beer...    :stickpoke:

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"

Good to see everyone and meet new Xriders.  Pictures will be coming shortly the ride...I RAN OUT OF GAS.  :t
Jeff was kind enough to make a run & return.
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

vtxcrzr

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels, TX Black 1800C

Stormy and I got home safe and sound.  The weather could have been better but the people and location was great.

PS: RT532 between Moulton and Gonzales is a nice little road if your ever in that area.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 07:13:43 AM by vtxcrzr »

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R

Home now  :bikerider: enjoyed the ride up and back, for some reason I have a hard time getting my directions to work on the way home.
Bike just stopped on the way home put it on reserve and made it to next town but still had plenty of gas.  ??? I am figuring I must have been doing some flashy shifting and turn off my gas. I not the flashy shifting the dancing -  man I get going when that cajun music get going.  ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions

Home now  :bikerider: enjoyed the ride up and back, for some reason I have a hard time getting my directions to work on the way home.
Bike just stopped on the way home put it on reserve and made it to next town but still had plenty of gas.  ??? I am figuring I must have been doing some flashy shifting and turn off my gas. I not the flashy shifting the dancing -  man I get going when that cajun music get going.  ;D

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C

Andrew, Wayne and Connie made it home safe and sound...altho I am a little numb.  We had to get back home asap for another event so we went straight east on I-10 for 100+ miles at 80-85mph...not my idea of an enjoyable ride.  But totally enjoyed meeting up with everyone again.  Matap, you have done an outstanding job putting these Tri-City M&Gs together.  Thank you very much.
That's why I love the 1800...3K of RPM's is the optimum performance, efficiency number.  :thumbup: It was nice seeing some old friends and hopefully making some new ones.  :c  :bikerider:  :agree:
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

JGomez55

• Old Timer
  • Lovin Life....!

Martha and I made it home OK... a bit numb as well.., for some reason it just felt it was getting cooler.....
It was a pleasure seeing some of you once again and of course meeting new faces... Till we meet again... :c

Paul you have done outstanding getting things going on these Tri city meet and greets..., cant wait for the Quad City meet and greet....

Hope the riders we passed up on I-10 made it OK..., appears it was something to do with fuel issues...

P.S.
Candy, I cant get Martha to stay quite about the bike now.........  :banghead:

Be Safe ya'll... Let's do it again..... :t

8)
Joe Cool...8)

RedDragon

Was definitely a good day! :thumbup: One of these days we will need to do a meet and greet where we play musical chairs. :t Like Gumbo has said to me, we travel all this way to meet up, then we sit in our own local little groups. :ohwow: Anyway, as everyone else has said, good to meet new faces, good to see old faces, and good to see regular faces.

PS And Martha, Kandie told me what she was telling you. Don't listen too much about not listening to the husband part! He is just concerned about you learning what you need to know to keep you safe!  :thumbup: I only say this because I do not feel the riding classes do this! When I took mine, there were two people that passed that had no business getting on a bike!  :popcorn:

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

matap

• Board
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.

I'm really glad everyone had a good time.  It's definetly nice to meet up with new people especially right before the BBT.  I will start working on the next one and try to find a place to include the Dallas Peeps.  Glad everyone made home safe.  The most important part about riding, is riding to ride another day. (or something like that, you get the idea.) :bikerider:
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C

Martha and I made it home OK... a bit numb as well.., for some reason it just felt it was getting cooler.....
It was a pleasure seeing some of you once again and of course meeting new faces... Till we meet again... :c

Paul you have done outstanding getting things going on these Tri city meet and greets..., cant wait for the Quad City meet and greet....

Hope the riders we passed up on I-10 made it OK..., appears it was something to do with fuel issues...

P.S.
Candy, I cant get Martha to stay quite about the bike now.........  :banghead:

Be Safe ya'll... Let's do it again..... :t

8)
I do like your Fairing!  :thumbup: Nice meeting you.
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...

Yep, we made it home. Just another one of those same old stories, a gallant knight on a Yamaha, taking care of a brokedick VTX....  ^-^ O0

Pictures to follow...
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Zena

• Rider

We made it home as well. It was good seeing some other VTX's finally. Not that there is anything wrong with goldwing events  :t I hope we can meet up again sometime.

Zena
05' VTX CF 1800
If you love somthing set it free...if it doesnt come back... hunt it down and kill it!!!

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX

Had a great time folks.  Rode up with the Lower 40 group.  Rode back with Gumbo's "Fukawee" group.  With Gumbo leading we were always saying "Where the fu*# we?"   ??? ::) :-\ :cuss: ;D ;D ;D :stickpoke:

Thank you to both groups for letting me tag along.  Gumbo, Kandi, David, et al - Sorry I had to leave y'all but the need was more than speed!  By the way, I didn't know that Bluebonnets caused folks to lose their minds.  Sure were a lot of em all over the road, on the shoulders, in the ditches....

Thanks a ton!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :notworthy:
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

Xmark

• Old Timer
  • San Marcos, TX

I bummed I missed another opportunity to meet you folks. Just couldn't get over there for reasons stated in another thread.
I'm going to continue to frequent this site and make rides although I'll no longer be riding an X. The people that ride X's are great people and I like hanging with 'em. ;D
See ya at BBT!
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers.
What you do today, might Burn Your butt Tomorrow"

vtxcrzr

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels, TX Black 1800C

Zena:

Thanks for the wonderful stories they really helped lunch go down easy.  :lunch:  Here is the link to the original description for the Clayton exhaust modification.

http://www.geocities.com/nc_brew/claytonspipes.htm

Its something that is relatively quick, easy and free that yields nice results.  Here are some pictures of mine in progress:

« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 08:02:26 AM by vtxcrzr »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal